Chapter 1- First Impressions?

ON-OFF! Ai-ing

3 January 2010...

 

Ah, a new day, a new year. Jiyeon thought to herself. Dragging out of bed, she crawled into the the bathroom to wash up. The burden of getting up at dawn for school makes her moan. Grade two... Does this means that I will have lesser time using the arpanet? Realising on that, her heart dropped to the floor while she got dressed. "Breakfast's ready!" Jiyeon's mum called from the kitchen. "Don't be late on the first day of school!"

 

~~~~~

 

Approaching the dining table, Jiyeon hunt for her sister, Boram. "Where's Boram? Has she awaken?"

 

"Good Morning everyone~!" A voice traveled from behind. Boram, still in her pajamas, strolled into the living room and got seated, taking a slice of toast from the plate.

 

"G-Good... morning... Why are you still in pajamas? We'll be late by the time you get ready..." Jiyeon babbled, not tuned into getting into a conversation.

 

"Oh, it's still early! I don't think we will be late, lesson only starts at eight and now, it's only six-thirty." The girl cajoled as she depleted the toast she was holding onto. "Don't you know that you are always the few early birds in school who reaches school early in the morning?"

 

"I..." Jiyeon's voice trailed off. It had never occurred to her that she was the Johnny-on-the-spot for she would be too engrossed in her phone that she had forgotten about other mortals who exist. "Perhaps."

 

~~~~~

 

Immerging school, Boram nudged Jiyeon, her elbow digging into Jiyeon's rib, making her flinched. She glanced up, spotting Minho who was about ten feet away. So he reaches school around this time... She speculated, flashing a look at her phone which shows seven fifty. For as long as she could recall, Minho always reaches school in the nick of time, which somehow makes Jiyeon shuddered. She grabbed onto Boram's wrist and started dashing to school, affirming, "We are going to be late for school at this rate! There's still quite a distance from the parade square!"

 

Bolting past Minho, Jiyeon turned back to him and urged him to quicken his pace, not wanting him to be late too. "Wait! Watch your-" Minho alerted her. Spinning her head around and just before she can come to a halt, her head went straight into the lamp post. "Ah..." Minho gasped, feeling her pain.

 

~~~~~

 

"I'm alright, the pain is still tolerable..." Jiyeon cowered her forehead from Minho and Boram as they aggressed the sickbay. What an unfortunate day... Should have forged ill. She concluded, puffing her face. "We should get to the classroom, lessons have commenced."

 

An expression of disappointment was written on Boram's face as they got separated into different levels. Clambering up the stairs to class, Minho peeked at Jiyeon and simpered, thinking, She looks dazzling, it just yearns me to pinch her cheeks! ​ Observing him, Jiyeon raised her brow and questioned quizzically, "I-Is my bruise really legitimately very swollen?" "Oh no, it's not the case..." Minho quailed as his sight retreated away from Jiyeon's lineament.

 

The duet entered the class, followed by a chorus of wordplay from their classmates. People had thought that they were couples since grade one for they had such intimate friendship, which made Minho's face blossomed, burning in bashfulness. The class is just as usual, as judgmental... Jiyeon sighed, striding into her seat and took out her phone, checking her contusion with the screen's reflection. Ahh!! The bruise had disfigured my face! Now I have to meet people with this blue black... She scowled, trying to cover it with her fringe.

 

~~~~~

 

Meanwhile...

 

With girls surrounding him, Nickhun declared, "Ahem, Victoria, will you be my girl? I have thought about it for the whole vacation." A moment of awkward silence. "W-W-Why not?" Victoria answered sheepishly.

 

His declaration somehow made the whole crowd of girls disperse slowly, not wanting ruin their reputation by being the odd one out. How unscrupulous of him! How can he be such a playboy? Boram chided Nickhun in her mind as she strolled past the class, turning into her new class in 104, right opposite Nickhun's lecture room. *Sneeze* Nickhun wheezed uncontrollably, which made him thought, Did someone just scolded me?

 

~~~~~

 

Soon later, it was recess time. When Boram sight of her sister and closed up the range between them, she started yapping away; about the Lover boy​, on how he treats the girls, speaking her perception of his character. "Do you know about this boy? That... Nickhun? I can't believe it! He's so mean to them and yet, it feels as if there isn't any other boys in the whole universe! H-" The penetrating glares she got from the girls around the canteen made her think twice about the rest of her words. But after the stinging spies have turned off their recorder, Boram continued to back talk about him, "See how they have been brainwashed! They can't even see someone who is much more better than him, like Minho."

 

Jiyeon and Minho turned to her, like she had said something inaccurate. "Um, I don't really find him appealing... But I didn't know that he is such a person, indeed, how niggard..." Jiyeon commented, not knowing that what she had said would be referred to her current Romeo.

~~~~~

-To be continued-

 

*Author's note"

Erm, I think that it might be confusing about the plot that I have after reading chapter 1, my apologies... >< Well, if some of you might be asking, yep, it's going to be a complicated love story between the main and sub characters. I hope to have some feedback of my story! Thanks! ^^