Chapter 11: In Two Months...

Two Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 11: In Two Months...

****

Two Months Later

Exactly two months ago Byun Baekhyun had returned to Young Young Apparel to work as a designer after being hired by Park Chanyeol. Precisely two months ago Kim Joonmyun was about to get proposed to by the love of his life, Wu Yifan. Two months ago Oh Sehun's and Luhan's relationship changed for the worst. And about two months ago, Do Kyungsoo ended his relationship with his boyfriend of six years, Kim Jongin. A lot changed in two months.

As Chanyeol's friendships with Kyungsoo and Joonmyun began to began to go downhill, his friendship with Baekhyun began to get stronger. Inside the company they had a professional relationship but outside the company was a whole different story. Ever since they ruined Yifan's proposal, the two grew closer, perhaps because they were both hiding this dark secret from everyone else. Every single morning before work, Chanyeol would pick up the designer, if they had time, the two would usually have breakfast together before going into work. After work, the two would leave together and as soon as they walked out of that company, Chanyeol and Baekhyun would immediately start talking and cracking up about anything and everything. A lot of times the younger male would end up in Baekhyun's apartment and the two would eat junk food all night and just talk about life, the designer would talk about how much he enjoyed designing and the CEO would talk about how in love with Joonmyun he was, they both listened to each other. They built an amazing friendship in two months.

Without having Chanyeol constantly around, begging him to spend time with him, Joonmyun had more time to spend with Yifan. Their relationship had always been strong but the extra time they spent together just seemed to make it stronger. Yifan never did ask him what he was about to ask him that night  when Baekhyun interrupted and Joonmyun wondered why but he didn't question his boyfriend, he knew that when the time were right, Yifan would tell him. Not only had they grown closer but their families had too and honestly, Joonmyun couldn't be happier. In just two months Yifan and Joonmyun fell more in love with each other.

After their talk that day up on the rooftop, Luhan's and Sehun's relationship changed. Luhan realized how stupid his relationship with Sehun had been, in fact, it wasn't even a relationship. Never once had the younger boy confessed to him that he liked him, it seemed absurd to Luhan that he was a grown man, wasting time crushing on a boy who was clearly not ready for a serious relationship. He had hoped that maybe Sehun would prove him wrong, and fight for him but when Luhan started to distance himself, Sehun allowed him to do so, not even attempting to stop him. That's when it became obvious to the older man that his relationship with the younger model was all a waste of time. In just two months, Sehun and Luhan stopped their weird relationship.

Jongin hadn't given up on Kyungsoo, he was still fighting to get back the love of his life. He had a new amazing friend, Baekhyun, who constantly gave him advice and encouraged him to never give up, that in the end all his hard work would be worth it. Kyungsoo's hatred for the new designer only grew whenever he saw Jongin and Baekhyun locked in one of their offices, doing who knows what. But seeing Jongin move on so quickly also made Kyungsoo feel somewhat happy, he had broken off a relationship that clearly wasn't meant to be. No matter how much it hurt, Kyungsoo knew that this was the right choice. In just two months, Kyungsoo and Jongin began to drift apart no matter how badly Jongin wanted to hold on.

 

****

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun walked out into the runway side by side, they both smiled happily and faked a friendship that all the employees at Young Young Apparel knew was fake, but the public didn't know that, and they didn't have to. Tonight was the night, the big fashion show everyone had been anticipating was finally here. Soon, the new clothes that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had designed would be modeled in this huge fashion show for the whole world to see. Baekhyun was nervous and excited while the only thing on Kyungsoo's mind was making sure that his designs would become more successful than those of the new designer. He wanted to prove that he was still number one.

Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol giving him two thumbs up from his seat in the front row and smiled at him before shyly waving. Next to the CEO, was Joonmyun with a couple of other valuable employees and important people. The microphone was handed over to Kyungsoo and he smiled before bringing the mic up to his mouth and beginning to speak, "Our new designer, Baekhyun, and myself, have worked hard on this new collection for Young Young Apparel. We both want to take the time to thank our boss and friend, Park Chanyeol, and our number one supporter, Kim Joonmyun as well as our three main models, Jongin, Luhan and Sehun," Kyungsoo waited for the applause to finish before continuing to speak, "Please continue to support Young Young Apparel and enjoy the show tonight. Thank you." Both men took a bow before walking backstage to get their first outfits ready for the fashion show.

Even if it wasn't a competition, it sure seemed like one. Baekhyun's models would be walking out from the left side of the runway while Kyungsoo's models would be walking out from the right, the models would be side by side, showing off the outfits and trying to make them look good.

The fashion show started and both designers watched from backstage the reactions of the crowd. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes when Jongin walked out into the runway and the girls screamed, he was pretty sure half of their profits came from Jongin's fangirls. The younger designer hated to admit it but Baekhyun's designs weren't terrible, they were actually pretty good but of course he would never tell anyone that, he would take that thought to his grave. Meanwhile, Baekhyun couldn't believe that his designs were being modeled on the same fashion show as Do Kyungsoo's, despite Kyungsoo's hatred towards Baekhyun, the older boy was still a fan of the more experienced designer, he looked up to him.

 

****

 

The show was over too soon in Baekhyun's opinion, afterwards, he and Kyungsoo walked back out to the runway with all the models for a final bow, it was over. Baekhyun's eyes searched for Chanyeol and when he saw the giant standing up along with the rest of the crowd and applauding, his smile grew, even if no one else liked his collection, knowing that Chanyeol had liked it was enough for him. Kyungsoo tugged on his sleeve and motioned his head back before murmuring, "Pay attention." Baekhyun apologized before following the younger designer back off the stage.

Once backstage, all the models congratulated the designers for their new amazing collection. Jongin came up to Baekhyun and hugged the shorter male tightly, "Hyung, congratulations on your first fashion show, I think people really liked your designs." The older man's eyes sparkled, "Really? Do you think so?" he asked. Jongin smiled and nodded, "Of course hyung, I mean, I do look good in this outfit don't I?" the model asked before stepping back and striking a pose, Baekhyun giggled softly and nodded, "Of course... but you look good in everything Jongin." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and approached the two, he purposely bumped into Baekhyun, "If you two are finished flirting, Baekhyun and I have reporters to speak to." Without another word or even a second glance towards Jongin, Kyungsoo walked away, Baekhyun offered Jongin a small smile before following the other designer out.

Sehun walked over to his best friend and put a hand on his shoulder, "Wow, if only someone smart, handsome and charming had warned you that paying too much attention to Baekhyun hyung would result in Kyungsoo hyung finally leaving you. Oh wait... I did warn you!" Jongin rolled his eyes, he really wasn't in the mood for his friend's smartass comments right now, "Yeah, like I would take dating advice from you, you ruined your relationship with Luhan hyung before it even got started." Sehun ignored Jongin's words and just stepped back, "Anyways good job tonight, have any celebration plans?" The older model smiled and nodded, "I'm gonna spend tonight with Kyungsoo hyung like I always do after every one of his shows." Sehun smiled a bit, "Good luck Jongin, you're going to need it." Jongin just smiled to himself and said goodbye to his friend before walking away. He knew Sehun had plans of his own.

 

****

 

"Luhan, come celebrate with the rest of us." The Chinese model looked towards Yoona, one of the female models at Young Young Apparel, and shook his head, "I'm really tired, this was my first time walking a runway, so I think I'm just going to go home and rest tonight." The girl pouted slightly but then sighed and nodded, "Okay, but you have to come with us next time. No excuses!" The man smiled and gave a slight nod, "I promise," he replied before hugging the beautiful girl goodbye and walking back inside his dressing room.

Luhan walked towards the mirror and sighed, he grabbed makeup wipes and began to clean the makeup off his face. After finishing he kicked off his shoes, slowly he pulled his shirt over his head and let it fall to the floor, he then ped the pants and kicked them off, as amazing as Baekhyun's and Kyungsoo's designs were, Luhan just wanted to be back in his own comfortable clothes. He wanted to get home as quickly as possible, get in his pajamas and just go to sleep. Luhan felt depressed.

It was silly because the reason his mood was so down was because of Sehun, a guy he hadn't spoken with in the past two months. Tonight was Luhan's first runway show, and he had been so happy until he saw Sehun shamelessly flirting with one of the models, Suzy. It was stupid but Luhan was jealous, Suzy looked beautiful, it seemed as if the makeup artist had put no makeup at all on her face because she was already so naturally pretty while Luhan had face full of it. Suzy's outfit fit her perfectly while Luhan felt as if he had to hold his breath in his because it was too tight. Suzy was perfect and Luhan was... not.

Never had Luhan felt so insecure with himself, he stared into the mirror again and sighed, "I could lose a few pounds." A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts, he quickly grabbed a robe that was on the sofa and put over his body before opening the door, his eyes widened when he saw it was Sehun, his heart began to beat faster, had Sehun come for him? "Oh, Luhan... I umm, thought this was Suzy's dressing room." The older man shook his head, "Nope, just me. I think Suzy is two doors down," he stepped back inside his dressing room and was about to close the door but was stopped by the younger boy, "Actually Luhan, I knew this as your room... I came to talk to you." Luhan didn't say anything, he just walked back inside his dressing room, leaving the door open so that the younger model could follow, and follow he did. 

For a long time, both men both awkwardly sat across from each other, not saying much until Luhan finally sighed and decided to say something, "You said you wanted to talk Sehun... so talk." The younger model looked up towards the older male with his usual poker face, he stood up and slowly walked over to the older male, he sat beside him and smirked slightly when he notice the other immediately blush and shy away. Without hesitation, Sehun grabbed Luhan's face and made the elder look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter