Escape Plan: Draw It Out (TS-K43)

False Accusations

Kris sat up quickly, running his hands all over his arms and torso; he was starting to have a nightmare about insects and what those insects were starting to do to him was something he was not going to go into detail explaining. He took in his surroundings through sleepy eyes. Everything seemed normal: he was back at the prison, none of the lights turned colors or went out, and there were definitely no odd markings on his body. Telling by the amount of light coming in through the barred windows, it was almost time for breakfast. The breakfast time varied from being at the break of sunlight to where lunch would normally start.

"Hey guys—" he started but quickly slapped his hands over his eyes so hard it almost hurt. It is way too early in the morning for that, Kris thought as he peered out through his fingers. "Guys... can you not right now?" Kris felt like a kid again especially when he walked in on his parents during "y time." Take away the parental rights and swap out two fully matured adults for two hormonal teenage boys (technically they were of age) and there was the scene Kris was currently in the midst of interrupting.

"What a bad time to wake up," Sehun grumbled and removed himself from the seated position he had on Tao's lap.

"I was finally getting a piece of since you got here," Tao whined and moved to stand by the opening of the cell. "Sehun's been holding out on me."

"I did not need to know that. Thanks." Kris removed his hands from his face and rolled his eyes. They couldn't have had him share a cell with two mates that weren't in love with each other? After ruffling his hair and stretching, he joined Tao by the bars.

"Shut up. I'm mad at you."

"I didn't—"

"Goddamn it, Kris."

"Stop being a ," Sehun said with a smack on Tao's back.

"Then let me touch yours," Tao muttered under his breath. Kris was starting to get really uncomfortable especially with how he couldn't stop thinking about the kiss between him and Mr. Jongdae. He could still recognize that taste of vinegar and he didn't quite deem it healthy as to how many times he tried to keep the memory of Mr. Jongdae's lips on his alive. Either Kris was going through a early twenties crisis or his and Jessica's whole relationship had been a lie, but he knew for a fact that he was straight. was good and he was with her for a total of five years so where the constant want for Mr. Jongdae's lips on his again came from was nowhere to be foumd.

The warden Tao was seen talking to a few weeks back was the one to come let them out for breakfast. He looked a bit troubled and after Kris and Sehun were downstairs, he pulled Tao to the side to discuss something, most likely information that affected him or Sehun. There was still no say on whether or not Xiumin was going to be executed or not, but Sehun sure hoped that he wouldn't. Him and Xiumin might have had their differences and constant arguments but Xiumin was the type of guy Sehun wanted to be: he wanted to be that tough guy that takes no when it came to their loved one. What about Luhan? Sehun didn't want to think about it.

With the exception of Tao and Xiumin, the whole gang was there at the table. Today's breakfast would be yesterday's leftovers; toast would be the only thing Kris would put on his plate because white milk and bananas were two things he did not want to associate himself with that day. Breakfast small talk started off pretty slow—everyone seemed to still be waking up and having them get up at five in the morning definitely added on to that.

"I might have my sentence shortened," Lay said with a sleep-induced voice. He was meant to be talking to Kai but Kris needed something as a distraction from the homoual thoughts invading his mind.

"Seriously? That's great." Kai took a bite of toast. "What are you thinking about doing once you're released?"

Lay yawned and bit off a piece of Kai's toast. "Blazin' it, all day, everyday." He chuckled. "Maybe try and get you out of here. I have great lawyers."

"Why me? You could free Tao or Sehun. You know how they are... such tragic lives." Kai shook his head, a sad expression on his face.

"That's possible but you've got Juniel waiting for you outside these bars. You've got a kid. Kids need their parents despite the bull they put 'em through most the time." Lay crossed his hands behind his head and leaned back in his chair, eyes closed.

"Let me think about it."

"Take your time, man." Kris chuckled lowly as he reverted back to his love-sick high school days. Her blunt personality was what attracted him to her, that, and her long, brown hair. Sometimes, as a way to make her laugh, he would take some of her hair and drape it over their dog. They would laugh hours on end at how silly Genie looked with Jessica's hair falling down over her wrinkly, smushed-in face. Kris missed her, their shared memories, their hidden kisses under the covers, Genie ruining y time, all of it. To Hell if Taecyeon thought he was going to score her. All Kris knew at this point was that he was going to leave this goddamn prison to be with her.

"What do you guys think about breaking out of the prison?" Kris asked suddenly and the whole table fell silent.

"Kris, you don't just ask things like that at the table. Especially when there are guards around," Suho said in whisper as he leaned forward. He checked to see if any of the guards paid them any mind.

"Why? I mean, it was just a question." Kris shrugged and took another bite of toast.

"They'll isolate you and when that happens, you're never leaving the prison," Suho explained.

"So you don't want to be a part of my plan to escape. Okay, cool."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I never said that." Suho held up his hands, palms facing out. Kris raised an eyebrow. That's what I thought.

"There's no way you're getting out. The security inside and outside is way too advanced," Lay said with arms still behind his head. "Trust me, people have tried and people have died in the process."

Kai nodded. "There's a tower equipped with a spotlight out there. They're literally always on guard."

Kris laughed and leaned back in his chair. "There's always a fault in the advanced."

 

During recreational time, Kris recruited everyone that wanted to be included on Operation TS-K43. If most of them were going to be stuck there at Qincheng their whole life, why not try even if it risked isolation? They all thirsted for the taste of freedom and criminal antics again. Kai could finally be with Juniel and his son. Lay could sit in bed and snuff out the rest of his brain cells with . Sehun and Tao could do everything they ever dreamed of together. Suho could get back to his family. Xiumin, if he ended up not being executed, he could get back to playing Prince Charming to his dear Luhan. The opportunity was too good to pass up although the only reason they were going with him was because he was a "infamous serial killer."

Using his finger as a pencil and the dirt as his paper, Kris began to map out their plan.