Escape Plan: Scope It Out

False Accusations

Everyone shivered as they stood around in a circle outside; although everyone wanted to be back inside in the warmth and comfort of their slightly less cold cells, their excitement and sheer thought of finally escaping Qincheng was enough for them to power through the low temperatures. It was a different vibe being spread throughout the group and Kris was positive that it was because of Xiumin; Xiumin was their strength and without him and his strength, the plan might not go as smoothly as hoped.

Their eyes were focused on Lay and they patiently waited for him to finish sketching the landscape of the prison in the dirt. The clouds were greyer that day but that didn't seem to bother them and soon enough, Lay began to explain his thoughts on the plan. "Here is the watch tower," he began as he pointed to a circle in the middle of the sketch. The watch tower was the biggest building, object if you will, besides the prison itself and it saw over the whole of the land the prison was situated on.

"The watch tower is our biggest concern right now and there's almost always someone on watch so I don't know what to do about that." He looked up at everyone for a second then continued on. "We have a checkpoint here which unfortunately includes an electric fence. Barbed wire too." He marked the checkpoint as a rectangle. "There are about three guards at the entrance of the prison and if the person I heard this from wasn't lying, the cameras placed on top of the building are only on during the day. Once we get past those guards and the watch tower, we're pretty much made. What do you guys think? Any improvements need to be made?"

It was all just heavy breathing and the spew of transparent lace until Suho asked a question. "So how many guards are there exactly?" Lay looked over his sketch, at all of the triangles, and shrugged and shook his head. He wasn't completely sure which would cause the plan to be detoured a bit if they were to expect less guards. They had to be prepared in every way and the guards were being held as an extremely large obstacle.

"I think I know," Kai spoke up and everyone was visibly relieved. "There's three to five at the entrance, it depends on how many inmates they had brought into 'Rena 3 but if I can't get that number by the time we actually get out, aim for five. There's always one person at the watch tower to prevent any altercations and there's always two at the checkpoint. Occasionally you'll get watch guards walking around at night but they're mainly out in summer. I think that covers it."

"What about the spotlight?" Sehun asked as he moved in front of Kris. He gave a wink to Kris who smiled and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "That spotlight is bright as hell and there's no way that it won't catch us." Sehun was nervous, that much was obvious, but like everyone else, thinking about what life held for them outside of the jail gave him that extra push plus with the adrenaline coursing through his veins in the midst of escaping was what he craved more of: excitement.

"The guard is never actually on the spotlight and it typically takes about four or five seconds for it to swing back around which means, if you're really quick, we can have about two go at a time," Suho explained and he emphasized his points by having his finger act as the light. "We won't know which way the guard is facing so someone has to keep watch for him." As Lay was about to bring up another point, the director came over the intercom and requested that everyone return to their cells. Everyone took one last long look at the sketch before Xiumin messed it over with his sneaker and headed inside.

"We will continue this later. Don't forget the plan!" Kris whisper-yelled and they all nodded their heads and went their separate ways. Despite the many times Kris had stared out of the recreational bars at the miles and miles of dirt, it had never occurred to him how little there was there. Besides the watch tower and the checkpoint, there was practically nothing standing in their way of getting out; it would just have to be executed perfectly and they were free but that was most likely easier done than said, contrary to the common saying. Sehun began whispering the plan to a slightly under the weather Tao.

"Kris," a guard called for him at the bars and he immediately knew that Mr. Jongdae had asked for him. Sure, there was the intial feeling of excitement and anticipation but so was the paranoia. Kris immediately began to think a variety of things from 'Did he hear what we were talking about?' to 'Is he going to execute me for sparking a so-called revolution between the inmates?' The closer he got to Mr. Jongdae's office, the harder his heart began to beat and his breath was caught in his throat as the door opened to see him sitting there in his fixed position on the couch. He gestured to the couch, like he always did and Kris reluctantly took a seat.

"I was doing fine," Kris mumbled as he focused his attention to his fidgeting and slightly shaky fingers. Mr. Jongdae moved from the couch across him to sit next to Kris. His eyes seemed heavy and the way he was staring at him had goosebumps running up along Kris's arms and the hairs on the back of his neck standing. Mr. Jongdae was acting quite weird, more than normal, and he wasn't as talkative during that session. It was about five minutes of pure silence and Kris tried focusing on everything but the cold breath on his arms and cheek.

"Do you think I'm attractive, Kris?" he finally spoke and he brought a finger up to caress his cheek to which Kris gently pushed away.

Kris gulped and nervously looked over at him. "Sure, if that's what you want to hear." It was good to see that he still had some sort of fight in him and Kris mentally gave himself a pat on the back for that. On the inside, he was scared as hell and he wanted nothing more than to go back to his cold cell and toss and turn on the cold metal in hopes of finding a sufficient sleeping position. Mr. Jongdae had never been so close to him before and with his recent thoughts and borderline obsession of the kiss they shared, he was treading on shallow waters.

"No," he murmured in a low voice and he placed a hand on his cheek furthest from him. "I want your honest opinion."

Kris tried shuffling a bit to his right which proved no help since Mr. Jongdae would only scoot closer and bring his face closer and closer to Kris's. He was still staring at his with that look in his eyes and his hand hadn't moved from its place on Kris's face. "Are you okay? You shouldn't be doing this type of stuff, especially with me. I'm a guy."

Mr. Jongdae chuckled lowly and moved closer so that his warm breath was on the cheek closest to him. "That doesn't matter. I don't care and neither should you because I know that you can't stop thinking of me and that kiss." He smiled devilishly and it felt as if his mere statement had Kris frozen

"What would the directory think of this?"

"Nothing because they won't know," he whispered. With gentle force, Mr. Jongdae turned Kris's head and placed his lips on his and despite the last kiss they shared, that one wasn't rough and rushed. The kiss was tender, soft, delicate, and... enjoyable. There were no sensual movements or advances from Mr. Jongdae and Kris found himself kissing back and crossing over so that his right hand was placed over Mr. Jongdae and Mr. Jongdae was pressed against his chest. A small part of Kris was still trying to fight but the longer he kissed him, the more he was losing of himself and his self-control and the more he was getting drunk off the feel of Mr. Jongdae's lips.