Psychology Specialist, Kim Jongdae.

False Accusations

"For 's sake!" Kris swore as he held his head in his large hands; he had hit his on the ceiling from sitting up so quickly. To his surprise, the other inmates were already up and stared at him oddly.

"What's your problem?" Tao yawned. Ruffling his hair and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Kris removed himself from the bed and went to splash cold water on his face.

"I had a weird dream," he said at last and turned the faucet on. He splashed some water onto his face and leaned back against the cold porcelain. "I was in the hospital except I was watching myself die. But the thing that really got me was that Jessica was there and I can remember very clearly what she said, 'This will be your life if you don't wake up.' It doesn't make any sense"

"I got chills," Sehun commented. "What do you think it means?"

Kris shook his head and pulled on the front of his jumper. "Hell if I know, man. Hell if I know..." And suddenly everything went dark. He was standing outside and there was snow on the ground. His orange prison uniform still hung on his shoulders so he knew was still in jail.

He was back in Vancouver, hidden in the shadows of an alleyway. "Tao!" he called. "Sehun!"

"Dude, shut up! You're gonna get me caught." Tao emerged from the darkness and he was hunched over, covering something with his jacket. "Here," he whispered and shoved something into his hand before turning the corner and disappearing before Kris could say anything else or ask what he was doing. Across the street, he saw a man leaning against the frame of a tinted Escalade. The driver rolled down his window to flick the ashes off the of his cigarette and as he went to roll the window back up, a familiar face in the passenger seat stared back at him - Sehun.

The second Kris blinked, the Escalade was gone. What is happening? he thought and remembered the thing Tao had gave him. Slowly unclenching his fingers, there laid a small packet of white powder. Lifting his head, he noticed his sight slowly starting to diminsh. Everything was starting to fade to black, then all at once he was standing in an all white room with nothing but himself and Jessica.

"Jessica?" he asked and he tried moving towards her but his feet were glued to where he was standing. She turned around and there was a long, red, bloody line etched across . "Jessica!" he wanted to scream but nothing came out.

Her eyes bored in to his and goosebumps ran up his arms as she said the exact same words he remembered from before, "This will be your life if you don't wake up!" Her body dropped to its knees as her head detached from her place at the neck. "Why?her bodyless head asked in a small voice. "Why? Why? Why? Why?"

A hand roughly grabbed at Kris's shoulder and spun him around. Sehun stood beside him, his arm extended over Kris's chest. He wasn't looking at him, but rather, something in front of him. Following his line of sight, Tao was being dragged away with tears falling from his eyes.

"You were supposed to protect me, Yifan!" he yelled.

Kris sat up abruptly, clutching his chest and breathing heavily. He looked around; he wasn't in Vancouver and he definitely wasn't in a white room. He was back in Qincheng Prison in the third Arena where the worst criminals were held. He shared a cell with two guys no older than him that went by the names Tao and Sehun. He had no recollection of memory from after he moved from Vancouver.

"What is happening to me?" he mumbled and buried his face in his hands.

"You alright, man?" Tao asked from beside him and Sehun watched with weary eyes from the foot of the bed.

Sitting up, he smoothed down his hair and rubbed both of his temples to try and prevent himself from crying. "I don't know," he said with an uneven voice.

¥

He had been escorted to an office at the far back of the prison. Tao and Sehun managed to convince one of the wardens of his story and they reluctantly took him from his cell to lead him to the back of the prison. A man, good-looking and with average height, emerged from his desk to sit on the cough across from Kris. He placed a book on the coffee table in between both couches. The book had a beige front cover with no picture and no words anywhere on it.

"His name is Kim Jongdae," Tao told him.

"Psychology specialist, Kim Jongdae," Sehun added.

"A lot of the other inmates say they rather spend another 10 years here than have to see him for three months and be let loose after."

"He can't be that bad," Kris interjected and twiddled his thumbs. His opinion on Mr. Jongdae would soon change as they stared at each other, neither of them saying a word to each other. Without looking, Jongdae took a notepad from beside him and began writing something down. He chuckled slightly but his facial expression never changed.

"Wu Yifan," he said at last and the monotone ring that his voice held annoyed him. "We meet at last." Kris shifted uncomfortably in his position on the couch.

"How do you know my name?" He wanted to take it back since it was obvious: his real name was in the system even though they all went by nicknames or numbers.

"You're really not a bright one, are you?" He wrote something else down. "Don't answer that," he interrupted before Kris could say anything.

"Look, whoever you are, I just want to leave this place and if that means spending three months or however long here with you, then I'm up for it." An eerie grin spread across Jongdae's face and he went back to sit at his desk again.

"Great choice even though it was never yours in the beginning. Or was it?"

Is this guy insane or something? Kris asked himself as Jongdae watched him from behind his desk.

"Before we get started with chatting each other up and me getting into your brain there, how do you feel about the words 'wake up'?"


Author's Note: The story is meant to be confusing. It will all make sense as we get deeper into the plotline.