Impossible

Can't Get You Out Of Me

 

“Martin?  What are you doing here?”  Pipa asked with her eyebrows raised.

“Bimil.  You’ll find out later Pipa.”  “Let’s go Martin.”  Lorraine hurriedly grabbed Martin’s wrist and winked at him.  “We have some hidden agenda.”  She said as she faced Pipa.

“Ah kureyo?”  Pipa asked.

“Oh.”  Martin answered with a puzzled look on his face.

 

Still holding his hand, Lorraine led him to her room.

“Uhm.  Ms. Lorraine.  Uhm.  What are we about to do?”  Martin asked, his voice shaking.

“We’re going to my room.  Didn’t you hear me a while ago Martin?  We have something to do.”

“Boragoyo?”  Martin asked with a shocked expression.

“Hah.  Chincha.  You’ll find out if you enter this door.  Come on.”  Lorraine said with a wink.

Martin slowly walked inside Lorraine’s room with a tight feeling in his chest.  His palms became sweaty as he closed his fists as Lorraine was holding his right wrist as to hide its shaking.  He couldn’t take it anymore so he held on to his chest.

“Yah.  What are you doing just standing there?  Sit here.”  Lorraine said while tapping a part of her bed and motioning Martin to sit down.

“Ah deh.”  He sat down feeling relieved as his knees were about to give up.  “Ms. Lorraine, seriously, what…”

“Eomma anyeong.  This is Martin, the one I told you about.” Lorraine said, waving at the television screen.

Martin was shocked.  A very beautiful woman was at the screen waving to Lorraine.

“Martin, this is my mom.”  Lorraine told him motioning to the television screen.

“Oh.  Anyeong hashimnikka.  Martin Jang imnida.”  He stood up bowing 90 degrees.

“Kure.  I’m Laura Moon, Lorraine’s mom.”  “So you’re Martin Jang.”  “What course did you finish from college?”

“Oh.  Kunde.  I only finished third year of high school Samonim.”

“Kure?  Wae?”  Lorraine’s mom asked.

“Oh eomma.  But after that he had a job and he did really good.  He really is perfect to be my bodyguard.  I can assure you that.  I know that he’ll guard me with his life.  Like I’m his own life.  Right Martin?”  She faced Martin.

“Is that right?”  Lorraine’s mom asked Martin.

“Oh.  Deh deh.  I will surely do that Samonim.  I won’t let anyone or anything harm Ms. Lorraine.”  He said while catching his breath.

“See eomma.  So please.  Just don’t ask unnecessary questions about his school or other stuff like that.  You don’t need a diploma just to guard someone’s life.  Besides, I don’t want any Ahjussi out there to be my bodyguard.  I don’t even know them so we can’t trust them.  But Martin here is someone to be trusted.”

“Omona.  I think you had already decided this by yourself Lorraine Moon.  What can I do?”

“So, he’ll be my bodyguard eomma?”

“You should first send me your resume through e-mail Martin Jang.  I’ll answer tomorrow afternoon at the latest.”

“Deh samonim.  I’ll send it to you tonight.  Komapsumnida.”  Martin again stood up, bowing 90 degrees.

“Assa.”  Lorraine shouted. “Komawo eomma.  So I’ll talk to you later?  Take care.  Saranghae.”

“Kure.  Saranghae uri ddal.”  “Don’t forget to send your resume tonight Martin.”  She said facing Martin’s direction and then again facing Lorraine.  “Take care of yourself my dear.  Oh.  Kuno.”

 

“Yey.  Lorraine held onto Martin’s waist and shook him as if they’re dancing.  Komawo Martin.”

“Deh Ms. Lorraine.  But are you sure about that?  You want me to be your bodyguard?”  He asked.

“Yes.  Why?  Is there something wrong with that?  Since the first day I met you, which was three days ago, you’ve been saving me.  So you’re perfect.  Besides, I caused you unemployment, so now I’m giving you employment.”  Lorraine answered smiling widely.

“But I don’t think that’s appropriate.”

“Why?  Oh my.  I’m sorry.  Have you found a new job?  Oh my.  Ottoke.  Mianheyo Martin.  I should’ve thought of that first before shoving you to be my bodyguard.”  Lorraine walked back and forth with a worried face.  She faced Martin with a smile.  “It’s okay.  I guess I just have to call my mom and tell her that I would just accept an Ahjussi to be my bodyguard.”  She pouted.  “Sorry Martin.  I’m such a pushover am I?  I didn’t even think about if you really want to be my bodyguard.”

“No no Ms. Lorraine.  Don’t apologize.”

“No.  After all the trouble I caused you I haven’t even muttered a single I’m sorry to you.  How rude right?”  Lorraine said with a soft laugh.  “It’s okay no worries.  Of course for the trouble I bring the least you would want is to spend time with me right?  Mianhe for being so inconsiderate.”

Aigoo.  Why is she saying these things? She talks so fast.  “Ms. Lorraine that’s not what I meant.  I was just thinking about your situation.  Are you really sure that I’m your best bet for your bodyguard?  Not that I’m not trustworthy.  But are you really sure?”

Kyaaaaa.  Assa.  He fell for my aegyo. Kekeke.  “Of course I’m sure.  When my mom told me that I need one you were the first one that entered my mind?”

“I was what?”

“The first person who entered my mind.”  Lorraine said matter of factly.

“Oh.  Okay.”  Martin felt that his knees are about to give up so he leaned on the wall.  Aigoo.  Why does every word she say brings me this kind of feeling?  He asked himself.

“So?”  Lorraine asked with pleading eyes.

“It’s up to you and your mom Ms. Lorraine.  I was just thinking of you.  Because of course, if you’ll have me, I would really like to be your bodyguard.”

“Jeongmal?  Kyaaaaa.  You just made me the happiest girl in Seoul and if eomma accepts you, I would be the happiest girl in the world.”  She shouted.

“Deh.”  Deh?  Yeah right Martin.  Well can’t blame yourself.  Minutes had passed but I still don’t know how to respond to what she just said.

OMG.  Did I really said what I just said?  Oh my.  I’m so embarrassed.

 

“Ms. Lorraine.  Sorry to interrupt, but Toby is already downstairs.”

“Oh crap.  Brunch.  How could I forget.”  She faced Martin.  “I have to go.  Just leave your resume to Pipa and I’ll take care of it when I get back.  I’ll give you a call tomorrow.  Fighting.”  She winked at him.

“Oh okay Ms. Lorraine.”  Martin said with a forced smile that turned to a smirk.

 

“So what was that all about?”

“What do you mean what was that all about?  Really Pipa.  You’re really trying to outdo my mom.”  Martin said in an irritated tone.

“Yah Martin Jang.  Just what did I say that was not to your liking?  Chincha.”

“Mianhe.  I just got irritated.”

“Why?  Did I say something to got all you heated up like that?”

“No nothing.  It’s just that Ms. Lor. Aish never mind.  It’s nothing.  Anyway.  I’ve got something to tell you Pipa.  I think we’re gonna spend everyday with each other.  You like that right?”  Martin said putting his arm around Pipa’s neck.

“Yah.”  Pipa removed his hand on her.  “And why is that?  Are you gonna be Ms. Lorraine’s stalker?”

“Close but no.  It’s more of like I’m gonna chase her stalkers away.”  He told her with a wink.  “I have to go Pipa.  I have to update my resume so I can start chasing Ms. Lorraine’s stalkers away.  See you.”

“Wait Martin?  Did you just wink at me?  Doesn’t suit you.  Don’t ever do that again.”  Pipa shouted.

Martin ignored her but an unbelievable thought crossed his mind.  Yeah right.  Why did I even wink?  Aigoo.  What is happening to me?  This can’t be.  No.  But could it be possible be that I’m...  No.  That kind of feeling is not my thing.  He told that to himself but as he passed by the staircase a portrait of Lorraine was hanging and he unknowingly stopped and stared at it.  Aigoo.  No way.  He told himself while holding his chest.