Lost

Can't Get You Out Of Me

 

Lorraine woke up feeling lightheaded.  She looked at her bedside table clock, it’s 6:17 a.m.  “Owww.  Too early.”  She felt so deprived of sleep because it had been 2:30 a.m. when she finally got to sleep, or so she remembers.  She tried closing her eyes again, but she felt nothing.  She wanted to do something, but she doesn’t know what it is.  It had been a long night and she just wanted to forget everything that happened.

“Gosh Mary.  I feel so tired.  I want to be free of everything.  Ottoke.”  She told her pink teddy bear.  A thought came to her mind.  She went to her desk and looked for something in one of her drawers.  “Found it.”  She exclaimed holding a map of Seoul.

 

At exactly 6:59 a.m., Lorraine was already outside her house.  It was a good thing that no one saw her leave for they would just stop her or worse follow her.  Wearing only a pink tracksuit with the hoodie placed on her head, she jogged to her destination.

 

“Ms. Lorraine, where are you?  I’m already here.”  Pipa said on the other line.

“Oh hi Pipa.  I really can’t talk right now.”  Lorraine stated breathlessly.

“Where are you?  I’ll go there right now.”

“Bimil.  Don’t worry Pipa I’m okay.  I’ll see you whenever.”  With that, Lorraine hung up her phone and then decided to turn it off.

“Ottoke.”  That was all Pipa could mutter.

 

Lorraine wasn’t sure how far she is now.  But she was sure that it was very far because she was not familiar with the surroundings and she was really out of breath.  Her stomach started to rumble.  “Omo.  I’m hungry.”  She looked around, there were lots of establishments there.  “Ottoke.  There are so many food chains here.  Where should I eat?”  She found a bench and sat there.  She closed her eyes.  She had been dieting for almost 8 months now.  For that span of time, all she ever ate were vegetables.  She smirked.  “My gosh.  I haven’t eaten a decent meal for months.  I want to eat everything.”  She exclaimed.  She again looked around her and smiled at what she saw.

 

Lorraine entered Mr. Pizza with a smile.  Pizza had been her comfort food since like forever.  She approached the counter.

“Anyeong haseyo.”  Greeted the lady.

“Hi.  I would like to order pizza.  The one with lots of meat in it.  The biggest one.  Thank you.”  Lorraine stated with a smile.

“Okay.  Anything else Mam?”  The lady asked.

“That’s enough. Aniyo.  Unnie, I would also like spaghetti and a big glass of rootbeer float.  Komapta.”  Lorraine said with a big smile on her face.

“What a pretty face.  I feel like I’ve seen here before.”  The lady whispered.

 

Lorraine sat on a table near the counter.  After she received her order, she remembered eating pizza with Toby.  “I miss him.”  She was about to call him, but refrained herself from doing so.  “Aniyo.  He should learn from his mistakes.”  She sighed.  She took her first bite and it felt like heaven.  She was enjoying her food when she noticed that people were staring at her.

 

“That girl, I’ve seen her somewhere.”  One of the crew stated.

“Chincha?  Where could you have met a girl so beautiful?  In your dreams?”  Another crew stated.

“Omo omo.  It’s the ballet superstar.  Lorraine Moon.”  Shouted a customer.

“Yeah.  The ballet superstar.  She’s so pretty.  Let’s go ask for her autograph.”

 

Lorraine was in trance, enjoying her food when a group of people approached her.

“Hi.  You’re Lorraine Moon right?  The ballet superstar?  Can we have your autograph?”

“Oh.  Yeah sure.”  Lorraine said.

“We also want a photo with you.  You’re so beautiful.”  Said another.

Lorraine willingly abided with all the people gathered around her, asking for her autograph and pictures.

 

Martin was late.  He can’t believe that he woke up at 7:30 when he should be at work at 7:00 a.m.  “Aigoo.  How could I have stayed up so late?”  He muttered to himself.  He had never been like that before especially when it was a workday.  “Chincha.  What did that girl do to me?”  He said still talking to himself.  He finally arrived at exactly 8:00 a.m.  “Yeah right.  How about being an hour late?”

As he was removing his helmet, he noticed a group of people gathered in one of the tables inside the pizza parlor.  He approached the counter and asked one of his co-workers what was happening.

“Ah Hyung.  It’s the ballet superstar.  She came to eat here.  What a knock-out beauty.  Look at our photo.”

“Lorraine Moon?  She’s here?  She’s the one those people are going crazy about?”  Martin asked.  A shocked look on his face.

“Yah.  You’re familiar with her?  You like her?  Go there already and have a picture taken with her before she leaves.”

 

“Komapsumnida.  But I have to go.”  Lorraine told the people gathered around her.

“Just stay here for a little while girl.  This pizza parlor had never been this crowded before.  Thanks to you.”  The manager stated.

“Ah.  But Ahjussi, I really need to leave now.  I’m sorry.”

“Please stay.  It’s the first time that someone like you visited this place.”  The manager insisted.

“Joesonghabnida Ahjussi.  I really have to go.  I have to be some…”

“Leave her alone.  She said she wants to leave.”  Martin shouted.

Everyone looked at him.

“And who gave you the right to shout at your manager like that Martin Jang?  Huh?”  His manager angrily answered.

“Martin?  You work here?  It’s okay.”  Lorraine said.

“No it’s not okay.”  Martin faced his manager.  “You’ve gone overboard Manager Hong.  She said that she needs to leave right now but you kept on insisting that she stay.  Let her leave.”  He shouted.

“Araso.  You can leave now Ms. Moon.  I’m sorry for this trouble."  Manager Hong told Lorraine with a look of apology.

"Yeah.  I'll go now.  Thanks Ahjussi."  Lorraine stated.

"And you Martin, you can also leave now and never come back here.”  Manager Hong angrily stated.

“What do you mean never come back?”  Martin asked.

“That means you’re fired you arrogant boy.  I never want to see your face again.  Don’t forget to leave the motorcycle keys and your uniform.  Araso?”

 

Martin was about to leave when he saw Lorraine sitting at the curb holding a big box of pizza.  What is she still doing here?  Aigoo.  This girl.

“Yah.  Why are you still here Ms. Lorraine?”  He asked.

“Oh.  Hi Martin.  I’m sorry about what happened.  You got fired because of me.”  Lorraine said.

“It’s okay.  What’s done is done.  It’s over.  I’ll leave first.  Bye.”

“You’re leaving?  Where are you going?”  Lorraine asked.

“Home.  I’m going home.  You should go home too.  I’m sure Pipa and the others are worried.”  Martin answered her.

“Oh.  Where do you live?”  She asked.

“Huh?  Chincha?  You’re asking me where I live?  I don’t think you’re really interested to know that.  You go ahead first Ms. Lorraine.  I think you need to go home now.”

“I don’t wanna go home yet.  I wanted to go to Toby’s for us to eat this, but as you can remember, we got in a fight last night.”

Martin didn’t answer.

“Can I come with you?  I really don’t want to go home yet.  Please.”  Lorraine asked him.

“What?  You want to go with me?  Have you lost your mind Ms. Lorraine?”

“Aniyo.  I want nothing to do with my house, with Toby or anyone else for today.  Just let me go with you.  Please?  Besides, I don’t think I can eat all of this pizza alone.  I can share this with you.”

“I’ll take you home.”  Martin muttered.

“No.  Please don’t do that.  I told you I don’t want to go home.  Take me anywhere but home.  Please?”  Lorraine told Martin with a pleading look on her face.

“You’re sure about that?”  Martin asked Lorraine.  She nodded with her eyes blinking.

“Aigoo.  Araso.  But we’re walking because as you can see, I don’t have a motorcycle anymore.”

“No problem.”  Lorraine told him and winked at him.