thirty five; a shoulder to cry on

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She honestly don't know why Sehun's grandpa wanted to see her. She was shocked when Sehun took her to the airport—in her school uniform—without asking for the next teacher's excuse. She argued with him during the ride but Sehun just calmly told her to shut and wait.

And so she shut but still completely annoyed at him. She had no idea where he was taking her until he halted to a stop at the airport. From there, she saw Sehun's grandpa. He immediately hugged her when he saw her.

"Mina-yah, I know it was a drastic thing for Sehun to drag you here but I just wanted to see you before I go. Please don't be mad at my grandson." He said. Sehun was just standing nearby wanting to give them space.

"Go?" She said instead. "Where are you going, grandpa?"

"I'll be heading back to New York now. I'll stay there maybe for a month. Or maybe more than that." He sighed. "Everything's a mess now, Mina. You know the thing about Sehun?" He asked and she nodded her head. "I already spoke to my son—Sehun's dad—about the matter. I asked him to think things over. I don't know if it will work but I'll ask you now to help Sehun. Could you do that for me, Mina-yah?"

"Grandpa..."

"Just be a friend to him, help him get through this. Yes, I know Sera and his friends will also be there for him but I also want you to be there to help him out." He looked past her shoulder to look at his grandson. Mina subconsciously turned and looked at Sehun, who was already watching them. He was giving her a why-are-you-looking-at-me kind of look. She just shrugged as she turned back to face grandpa.

"I know he isn't a child anymore but will you look him out for me?" He asked again. Mina found herself nodding her head without thinking over it. After all, it's the old man's request. How could she say no?

"Yes, grandpa. I'll be there for him, just as what you want." She said.

Grandpa smiled as he tapped her cheek. "Thank you, Mina-yah. Thank you for everything you have done for my family. And for the things you will do as well." She smiled back at him. She somehow couldn't stop herself from tearing up upon knowing that he will be heading somewhere far from them.

"Take care, grandpa." She told him.

"I will." He then called Sehun and it was there turn to talk to each other. Mina gave them a moment alone and minutes later, it was his flight. They both waved goodbye to the old man. Sehun hugged his grandfather longer than he have to. He will surely miss him, that's for sure.

"Now what will I say the moment we get back to school?" She asked him as they walked back towards his car. "I'm sure Mr Kwon will scold us. This is cutting class, you know."

"What did my grandfather tell you?" He asked instead, ignoring what she just said.

"Did you hear what I've just said?" She retorted.

"I heard you. But I want to know what did my grandpa tell you." He countered back.

"Well..." She gulped. "It's just nothing."

"Nothing?" He parroted. "Nothing? Are you sure?"

"I am sure." She said as she opened the door on the front seat. She slid inside the car without waiting for Sehun's reply. He slid inside as well and immediately turned the engine on.

"I don't believe you." He said, the same moment he drove off.

"It's your choice if you won't believe me." She shrugged. "But wait, what are we going to do once we get back to school? I'm freaking out here, you know."

"Relax. I'll handle it." He told her. She could only pout.

 

 

"Dad! Mom! Stop it! All of you!" Sera slammed both of her palms on the table. "Can't you all stop it? We're trying to have a peaceful dinner here and yet you are ruining it! Ugh! This whole thing makes me want to go to New York with grandpa. If only not for school I would really go with him. Stop talking about the wedding. Because apparently? Nobody gives a ."

"Watch your words," Mrs Oh told her.

"Sera."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter