twenty four; in danger

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Mina! Yoohoo!" Someone called and Mina turned to see Sera waving at her from the school's parking lot. The school was done for the day and she was on her way home. She walked towards her friend. "Want a ride home? I could give you a lift." She said.

Mina smiled gratefully. "Thanks, Sera but I'm heading somewhere else."

Sera looked at her with a naughty smile on her lips. "On a date?"

"Nope," she put on a fake scowl that made Sera laughed. "I'm going to the supermarket actually. We're running out of food this week so yeah."

"Aw." Sera pouted. "I kind of wanted to invite you."

"Invite me where?"

"Shopping." She was beaming sheepishly.

"Sera, stop spending your money like crazy." She said but the girl only laughed. "I know you treated your friends yesterday and I don't want you to spend your money just like that."

"Honey, I've given five credit cards for a reason."

"I know but at least learn to control yourself." She told her but Sera only chuckled.

"Geez, you sound like my twin brother." She said as she checked her perfectly-manicured nails. Her bright pink nail polish shimmered when the a faint sunlight shone through it. Then she noticed Sera was wearing the gold bangle bracelet she had given her on her birthday.

Upon remembering Sera's twin brother, Mina's smile suddenly faded. She was still actually worried for him. Earlier this day, she had a feeling that he didn't tell his buddies about what happened yestderday. His friends seemed oblivious about it.

"Um, Sera? About Sehun..."

"Yes?"

"Uh, he didn't tell you about...about something?"

"Like what?"

Mina found herself gripping the edge of her book as she was arguing with herself whether she would tell her or not. But then, she ended up telling her. "Yesterday, I saw him with some three guys from the other school. I don't know... but it seemed like he was in trouble. Well, I hope not. You know, I'm just worried about him."

"Was he in a fight with the three guys?"

"No, they were just talking." She replied and Sera sighed.

"Don't worry, Mina-yah. I'll let him know you are worried about him—"

"Wait—what?" She was gaping at her, her eyes widening in surprise. Did she actually say that? She felt her cheeks burning up. Sera obviously took it the wrong way. "N-No, please don't tell him. I-I'm not really that worried. I mean, he's a guy. Of course, he can take care of himself in case he's in trouble. A-And I'm just telling you this to let you. I mean, I thought you might want to know what I saw yesterday."

"Hey, relax." Sera was beaming at her when she looked up. "Okay, I won't tell him. I was just joking."

"Oh." She felt relieved at that. "I'll go ahead now, Sera. Bye." She then turned around and started to walk away, hearing Sera's goobye on the process. She thought telling Sera about it was all wrong. She just hoped she won't tell her twin brother about it.

 

 

Because of the slightly heavy traffic, it was already dark when Mina hopped off the bus. Without wasting time, she walked straight to the supermarket since it's still a five minute walk from where she left off the bus. She wasn't worrying about the dark, she was worrying about her homeworks that she must finish tonight. She checked her watch and almost spit a curse. She should've started doing her homework right now.

"It's all because of that damn traffic." She mumbled to herself.

Increasing her pace, she felt someone was following her. Her heart flopped inside her chest in response. She didn't need to look over her shoulder because her eyes caught a shadow behind her. Two shadows actually.

She fought the urge to scream. Instead, she ran. But with only two steps of her feet, there was a powerful grip on her wrist and pulled her to the dark alley. She was about to scream this time, but someone covered half of her face with a handkerchief and it smelled awful. She didn't remember the rest as everything turned black.

She woke up when she heard laughters in the background. Her eyes slowly opened and realized her hands were tied with a rope, as well her feet. She wanted to scream for help but there was a handkerchief covering .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter