Epilogue

Cause and Effect
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was finally SMTown at Tokyo Dome Day.
The day when Changmin and Kyuhyun had to use the strawberry head and also do a crazy dance.

 

Changmin was amazingly staying calm even until now, when his ICHIGO performance would start around three hours later. He was just reading a book inside the waiting room, as he waited for his turn to get the make-up done. To be honest, Changmin could feel Yunho’s intensive stare at him even without looking at the older one. But Changmin has decided to ignore it instead, wanting to make Yunho felt a bit anxious for doing these.

“Changmin,” called Yunho, couldn’t stand with the awkward silence anymore.

“Hm?” murmured Changmin uncaringly; eyes were still locked on the book.

“Aren’t you nervous?” asked Yunho carefully.

Actually, the truth behind that question was ‘Are you mad with me?’. However, Yunho knew that he shouldn’t spill out anything about that right now. Since there were the others beside both of them, Yunho didn’t really have a choice except using a clue and wishing for Changmin to understand. After all, Changmin was the smartest one between them. He should understand what Yunho wanted by the words, right?

“No. Why?” answered Changmin, still looking as uncaring as before.

“Well...” trailed Yunho off, wasn’t completely sure on how he should answer the question correctly.

“Hyung, did you ever read a book entitled One Thousand Chestnut Trees?” asked Changmin all of sudden.

“Huh? No...?” answered Yunho hesitantly.

“Inside the book, you will find a character named Mira,” explained Changmin further. By this time, the younger one already closed his book and stared back at Yunho. “She made a deal with someone named Anna. Since it wasn’t a hard deal, Mira won the deal easily.” Changmin stopped for a second to smirk slightly towards Yunho. “But in the end, Mira lost something else; something bigger.”

Yunho gulped down nervously, noticing that there was something wrong with Changmin’s tone.

“The book told us on how we should pay attention on each detail from the deal carefully, Hyung. One mistake. Just with one mistake from the deal, it would make such a big difference. Doesn’t matter even if we’ve won the deal,” ended Changmin.

Changmin and Yunho were just staring at each other continuously for a while, each with a different expression. Yunho showed a confused look on his face, while he was gaping widely in shock. Meanwhile, Changmin was smiling confidently towards Yunho; without any fears. The stares were finally broken, when someone practically barged into their waiting room without permission.

Changmin jerked at his place in surprise almost right away, before his eyes were getting softened as he could see the pair of beautiful eyes in front of him. Who else it could be, if it wasn’t his beloved and only boyfriend; Kyuhyun. Changmin immediately stood up from his seat with a big smile, reaching Kyuhyun in no time. "What's wrong, Kyu?" asked him softly, yet pretending to act as normal as possible in front of the others.

Kyuhyun remained in silence at his place for a moment, thinking on whether he should do something or not. But when he was exchanging a glance with Changmin for a second, Kyuhyun knew that he couldn’t bear with it anymore. Without any hesitance inside him, Kyuhyun was quickly grabbing on Changmin’s wrist. “Let me lend him for minutes,” ordered Kyuhyun firmly.

Even before Yunho or Changmin was able to answer for Kyuhyun’s words, Kyuhyun already dragged Changmin out from the room without any words. Yunho, who was being left alone inside the waiting room, just chuckled lightly and shook his head in disbelief. He thought that there wouldn’t be any time for him to read that couple’s unique minds at all.

When Yunho was about to look back at the mirror, from the side of his eyes he could see that Changmin was unintentionally leaving a book at his previous seat. Since he was practically having nothing to do at the moment and due to his big curiosity, Yunho finally took the book and started reading its title. One Thousand Chestnut Trees.

So, the book that Changmin has talked about was real.
That was actually good news for Yunho.

Yunho started opening some random pages from the book, wanting to know what exactly the story was about. However, the more Yunho tried to read it, the more he started feeling uneasy. No matter how much he tried to find any Mira’s name inside the book, weirdly there was still none. As he didn’t know on how to find the name inside the book anymore, Yunho was finally trying to read the summary at the back with all his hopes.

There was Mira’s name on the book’s cover.
But it wasn’t the character inside the book; it was the author.
That was also a VERY bad news for Yunho.

Yunho knew exactly what that was meant.
The fact that Changmin made up the story and told it to Yunho was only meant that the younger one has tried to threaten Yunho with his words just now. It seemed that Changmin wanted Yunho to know that he wouldn’t just let the other go like that. If Yunho was accidentally slipping out one mistake; even if it was just one simple mistake, Changmin would definitely use it to fight against Yunho right away.

 

Meanwhile, Changmin and Kyuhyun were walking in silence ever since both of them have got out from the waiting room. Since Changmin knew that his boyfriend was having a bad mood right now, he was just letting him dragged towards somewhere. He didn’t really know towards where, but of course Changmin wouldn’t mind to go anywhere as long as Kyuhyun with him.

The silence was still occupying them, at least until they accidentally met with some familiar people on the way.
Changmin gulped down nervously, knowing the meeting wouldn’t be good; at least not for the older’s mood.

“Oh, Bottom Kyu!” one of the men exclaimed cheerfully, “Where are you going to go with Changmin? We don’t have much time to spend, understand? You have to be at our waiting room in thirty minutes from now, okay? Don’t be late!”

“I know. Stop calling me like that, Girly-Hyung!” snapped Kyuhyun back. He instantly glared towards the older-and-more-girly one, before changing his attention towards the others. “And you should stop laughing like crazy!”

The bunch of people were laughing with easiness and passing Changmin and Kyuhyun, as they decided to ignore Kyuhyun’s threat for today.

In the normal condition, Changmin would ask Kyuhyun to stop and fight s back instead.
In the normal condition, Changmin would gladly add the fuel into the big fire in front of him already.
In the normal condition, Changmin would feel happy to see Kyuhyun’s flustered face; turning him on, even.
But today wasn’t a normal condition, and Changmin was feeling grateful to see that both parties decided to drop the issue off.

When Changmin was thinking that he wouldn’t mind Kyuhyun take him anywhere before, he never really expected something like this would happen to him. That was true; he already knew that Kyuhyun would need somewhere more private to be alone with him. But still, Changmin never thought that Kyuhyun would bring him towards the certain- room amongst everywhere else.

“Ky-”

Changmin was never able to continue his words, when his words had to stop because he was tripped over a thing behind him. It happened not without a reason, though. Changmin was losing his balance once just before, right after Kyuhyun has pushed him a bit hard towards the back. Because of that, Changmin was now sitting right on the top of the thing.

Without giving a chance f

Please log in to read the full chapter