Other Side of the World

1000... Always By Your Side

 

YOO CHUN'S SIDE. Evening. 7:30 PM.

 

 

Yoo Chun opened his eyes to what seemed like a tunnel's end. Light penetrated his sight. Euphoric feelings filled his senses.

 

What happened?

 

He stayed still for a while. At first, he had no idea where he was, or what he was doing. But as soon as his consciousness finally took over, he realized that he was laid down. White ceiling faced him. Tranquility was deafning. The place was chilly as if it was below 16 degrees. He veered his eyes on his side to see the windows, which shut him out of the world. The only light source was the bulb. Every thing stayed quiet except for a beeping of a machine, which gave him a clue.

 

He knew it without dubiety. He is inside a hospital.

 

The smell, the ambiance, the feeling. It all rhymed with this establishment.

 

He tried to sit tall, his mind filled with heavy thoughts. Why is he here? What is he doing here? Has he been in an accident? But this is impossible! He cannot remember anything recent, but he is sure that he's not that careless to have been in an accident. Struggling, he gave up. He felt too weak and too wimpy. His body hurted every where he couldn't pinpoint. Injections and apparatuses were connected to him. Oxygen tank, dextrose, and others. He carefully raised and examined his arms. They were filled with bruises and deep scratches. But how did this occur?

 

Before he could question himself again, he heard the door open, and people were talking as they get in.

 

"Doctor, he's going to be fine, right?" A familiar voice said. it was his father's.

 

"I can't say. He might live for a while, but for the meantime these things connected to him are sustaining him. Let's just keep our hopes and faith, and pray." 

"The car accident... it can't be that bad!"

"It damaged almost half of his body. We'll do the best we can."

"I'm sorry... Thank you doctor."

The door closed, and footsteps coming towards him were heard. He veered his attention towards the figures. Two men came. When his vision became clear, he saw that one of them was, no doubt, his father, and the other one was someone he is very close with.

 

Jeong Tao. His half-brother.
 

When Yoo Chun's mom passed away, his dad remarried Tao's mother. That's how they became acquianted. During the first few days, it was very hard coping up with each other. But as soon as they learned that they could be very good friends and brothers, they treated each other as if they were biologically from the same family.

 

"Yoo Chun. You're awake, thank goodness. How are you feeling?" My father spoke in a voice that suggested he was trying to be optimistic.

"I'm fine." I assured, although I couldn't tell them that everything literally hurts.

"You need to get more rest. Although I wanted to talk to you so bad, We'll do it later." He said and turned away. Tao stayed and stared for a while before following him out.

 

Yoo Chun stared back to the ceiling, replaying what he heard from the doctor earlier.

 

 "He might live for a while, but for the meantime these things connected to him are sustaining him."

 

"It damaged almost half of his body. We'll do the best we can."

 

"The car accident..."

 

 

Something surfaced from his memory. That's right. He remembered.

 

"Last night... Tao invited me to have a little dinner on my favorite spot by the Han River... to celebrate the assurance that my father will handle the company to me. Then, on a quiet road where there are no signs of vehicles came a speeding car and unexpectedly hit me." He recalled to himself, which shuddered him.

Having this thought, his chest ached. He was too young to loose his life. He is sure to himself that he has not yet discovered his life's purposes, and he has so much to live for. He felt that it was not yet time for him to die. He has lived a life full of hardships for taking over the family company over these past years, even though he knew his passion was not inclined with this. He didn't want to remember all those struggles, pains and tolerance. He wanted to live his life the way he planned, the way he wanted.

He sighed, his breath fogged to the coldness of the room.

'Please... I beg to the Heaven to bring me back to the past and change everything, so that I could finally alter my life and give importance to what I have... I wanted to know the true meaning of Happiness...'

And as he closed his eyes to get back to the world of dimness, a gem sparkled among the stars.

A shooting star came across the sky.

 

(A/N: How's for the first two updates? :)) Please do continue to support this! Share the comments, votes and love~ I'll much appreciate them :)) <3 Thank You!)