Chapter 5

Sweet Fantasy

"Hyoyeon, Henry. Time to wake up."  Hyoyeon felt someone lightly tugging on her shoulder.  She slowly opened her eyes and saw Seungri standing over her.  His face was expressionless as he stood back up.  Hyoyeon then sat up slowly, letting her eyes adjust to the morning light.  

"My squad is probably waking up by now and it's time for your guys to get away," said Seungri.  Hyoyeon nodded her head.  Seungri held out his hand and Hyoyeon took it.  He pulled her up from the ground and she smiled in gratitude.  Henry got from the ground while stretching his arms. 

"Thanks Seungri, for everything," said Hyoyeon.  Seungri gave her a charming smile and nodded. 

"Anything for an old friend," he replied. 

"I really do mean it Seungri, thanks."  Seungri nodded his head again.  Hyoyeon then turned to leave, but Seungri caught her hand. 

"I almost forgot," he said, "You need to knock me out."  Hyoyeon eyes went wide as she pulled her hand away from him. 

"What?" she asked. 

"I need to have some excuse for not being able to capture you two and might as well be that you were too strong for me."

"But it's going to ruin your reputation." 

"Like I care."  

"Come on Hyoyeon, just punched him in the face," said Henry as he stood there eagerly waiting for her to do it.  Hyoyeon then shot a glare at him and then turned to face Seungri again. 

"After all you have done for me, I can't hit you Seungri," said Hyoyeon. 

"Come on Hyo," pleaded Seungri, "It's the only way you can make your escape.  My team will be more focused on me, buying you some more time."  Hyoyeon shook her head no and took a couple steps back from him. 

"Fine," sighed Henry.  He walked quickly over to Seungri and punched him squared in the face.  Hyoyeon's eyes went wide. 

"Henry!," she yelled as she quickly walked over to Seungri to see if he was alright. 

"What? He told us to," defended Henry.  Seungri stood back up straight holding his now bruised cheek. 

"Okay, Hyoyeon I know that you can hit harder than him. Come on," said Seungri.  Hyoyeon looked down and clenched her fist tightly.  Deep down she knew that it was going to be the only way to save her, Henry and Seungri.  She took a deep breath and nodded her head. 

"Fine, I will do it," she said.  Seungri smiled a little and braced himself for the impact. 

"Seungri, I'm sorry," she said and she threw a punch square into his other cheek.  It sent him flying a couple feet backwards and he was immediately knocked unconscious.  Henry could only stare in awe. 

"Hyoyeon, I did not realize that you were that strong," he said in amazement.  Hyoyeon gave Seungri an apologetic look and turned around to face Henry.  She grabbed his hand and started running. 

"Hyoyeon, where are we going to go?" he asked. 

"I don't know.  Somewhere far from here at least."  Henry nodded his head and they both made their way through the forest. 

 

Kwon Ji Yong slowly rolled himself out of bed as he was dreading every second that day had even begun.  His body ached from the continuous tossing and turning he did last night and dark circles clung to the bottom of his eye lids from the lack of sleep he possessed.  Running a hand through his hair, he sighed in frustration as he walked to his closet.  He changed into his hunting gear.  

Feeling uneasy and angry, Ji Yong walked out from his room towards the courtyard where his father was waiting for him with a bright smirk on his face.  Ji Yong glared at him as he approached his father.

"Ah, my son is awake and on time," his father gloated.  Ji Yong did not say anything but just sighed in frustration.

"All set?" he asked.  Ji Yong just slowly nodded his head.  

"I would like you to meet someone," he father said.  He placed his hand on Ji Yong's shoulder and led him over to a group of men.

"I know it has been a while since you have been in the game, so I have assigned a co-captain to your squad.  Ji Yong meet Taeyang."  The man named Taeyang bowed in greeting to Ji Yong.

"You both should get ready to head on out, your squad leaves in about ten minutes," said his father and he left them alone.

"Hello Ji Yong, long time no see eh?" said Taeyang.

"I see that your hard work has paid off and I guess you finally stopped getting into trouble," said Ji Yong as he smirked at Taeyang.  Taeyang smiled and laughed softly.

"It's good to see you again, Ji Yong," said Taeyang.  Ji Yong nodded his head in agreement and gave a small smile. Ji Yong then began to think of Hyoyeon again and prayed that they would never cross paths.  His fear was that if his squad does somehow encounter her, that he might just have to kill her.

 

Hyoyeon and Henry walked through the forest all day.  They have gained a significant amount of distance away from Seungri, but night was about to come again and both Hyoyeon and Henry were tired and hungry. 

"We need to find a place to stay the night," said Henry. 

"I'm not sure if we are going to be able, we a miles away from a village and there isn't any shelter near here," said Hyoyeon.  Henry sighed in disappointment. 

"Looks like it is going to be another night in the woods." 

"I'm sorry Henry, it looks like I got you into a really horrible situation."  Hyoyeon then stopped and started to gather some sticks to start a fire.  Henry also joined in the collecting of sticks. 

"It's okay Hyoyeon, it wasn't entirely your fault.  I followed you by my own free will." 

"I did not want the hunters to be after you as well."

"Do you mind me asking why this organization is after you anyway?" Hyoyeon stopped and sighed.  She bit her lip debating whether to tell him or not.  She then heard a tree stick snap from a footstep.  Freezing in her spot, she closed her eyes and waited for another sound to be made.

"Hyoyeon?" asked Henry as he walked over to her.

"Shh, Henry don't move or speak."  Henry froze in his spot.  Hyoyeon kept her eyes closed as she heard a faint rustling noise.  Maybe it was just the wind, thought Hyoyeon.  She opened her eyes again, but she felt another presence with them.  A feeling like they were both being watched came over her.  

"My oh my, never thought I would be running into you again," said a voice.  Hyoyeon froze knowing exactly who it was.  Henry looked around, but could not seem to find where the voice is coming from. 

"Who's there?" yelled Henry feeling a little bit paranoid.  Hyoyeon looked over in the direction of the footsteps, when a red-headed girl emerged from the trees.  She gave them both a devious smile as she walked closer to them.  Henry instinctively grabbed Hyoyeon and pulled her behind him. 

"Don't worry Hyoyeon, I will protect you," he said.  The girl laughed and smirked at him. 

"I think it should be the other way around," she said.  Hyoyeon rested her hand lightly on Henry's shoulder. 

"It's okay Henry, she won't hurt us," said Hyoyeon.  Henry looked back at her in confusion. 

"Another person you know?"  Hyoyeon solemnly nodded her head. 

"Hyuna, it's good to see you," said Hyoyeon.  Hyuna gave her a genuine smile and nodded her head. 

"It's good to see you too Hyo."  Hyoyeon then walked over to Hyuna and gave her a small hug.  Hyuna hugged her back tightly. 

"How long has it been, a year? two years?" asked Hyuna.  Hyoyeon shrugged and gave Hyuna a smile. "What brings you back here?" 

"I'm still on the run Hyuna."

"You don't think I know that?  I'm aking why you came back here? You know it's dangerous."  Hyoyeon sighed and Henry just stared at both of them in confusion. 

"I know Hyuna, but I got some hunters on my tail and this was my only option."  

"Hunters? They still have a grudge against you?"  Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head.  

"I don't think they are going to stop until I'm dead."  Hyuna then seemed lost in thought. 

"Okay, will someone please explain something for me?" asked Henry.  Hyoyeon and Hyuna both looked over to him.  Hyuna cocked her head to the side in curiosity. 

"Who are you?" she asked.  

"I should be asking you the same question."  Henry and Hyuna then stared each other down. 

"Hyuna, he's okay," said Hyoyeon as she rested a hand on Hyuna's shoulder, "His name is Henry and he is one of the only people I can trust right now."

"It's that bad?" asked Hyuna.  Her eyes stared at Hyoyeon in pity.  Hyoyeon then turned to face Henry. 

"Henry, you don't have to worry about her.  She is an old friend of mine," said Hyoyeon.  Henry still eyed her suspicously. 

"I don't know Hyoyeon," he said.  

"Come on, I know a place where you guys can stay and be safe," said Hyuna as she grabbed Hyoyeon's hand.  Hyoyeon hesitated.

"I don't know, Hyuna, I don't want you to get involved with me anymore."

"Hyo, I'm not going to let you stay out here in the woods when any moment the guard out on patrol could spot you." Hyoyeon sighed and nodded her head.  Hyuna was right.  

"I feel like I'm being ignored," said Henry.  Hyuna then squeezed Hyoyeon's hand tightly and began walking.  Henry sighed and followed them.  "I am being ignored."