Red - Head the menace

``Between The Twins``

"Are...you okay?"

In the middle of pain, Hyo Young could hear a very soft voice. The pain is so damn painful, she barely handle it. For a moment she thought she heard voice of her father but she shook the thought off right away cause not in the world her father was there. Not in any way. So with the unbearable pain she tried to open her eyes. With the third times blink of her eyes, she get her clear vision back but then she gets another shock. She couldn't speak a word when she paid attention to a familiar face who watching her right now.

"Hei, are you okay? If you still couldn't make yourself stable you can-"

"Ma Ru Oppa..." The words just slip out of her lips as she watched the handsome face in front of her.

With the huge confused expression on his face, Ma Ru exchanging glances with the other student beside him.

"Yah, Kang Ma Ru, do you know her?"

Ma Ru wrinkled his forehead and stared back at  Hyo Young, "Do I... know you? No offense but, I’ve never seen you before"

Hearing that , Hyo Young immediately gained her full consciousness . She must look like a fool . Of course Ma Ru will be confused . Why does she have to mention his name? She immediately look for a variety of reasons in her head . She don’t want to sounds like a stalker because she did in fact "a bit " like a stalker . Eventually she got a reason .

She pointed to the name tag on Ma Ru’s Uniform. " Kang Ma Ru . Right?" Hyo Young smiling uncertainly.

Ma Ru then let out a giggle after knowing the reason . " Ah , that's right . You 're Pretty sharp though you’re just realized from fainting "

Hyo Young smiled because she happy that Ma Ru actually believe that.

“But you called him ‘Oppa’ when you suppose to call him ‘Sunbae-nim’, it just sounded like you already know him” Ma Ru’s friend seem to get more suspicious then Hyo Young ever thought, and it made her getting more nervous.

“Ah, because….”

“Come on man, it’s not a big deal” Ma Ru cut Hyo Young off at the right time. “Let’s us be friendly and welcoming our new comer here” Ma Ru raised his brows toward his friend whom finally agree and nod slowly.

That was an alarm for Hyo Young to introduce herself properly. She stood right up and sent them a proper bow then said, “Ryu Hyo Young imnida. I just moved from Seoul. Hope you guys can take good care of me”

Ma Ru’s friend chuckled, “We already are taking good care of you, aren’t we?”

Hyo Young felt another awakening; she bowed once again to them “Kamsahamnida sunbae-nim. I’m sorry to bothered”

“No, don’t listen to him. We are glad that you’re ok” Ma Ru smiled at Hyo Young that immediately send her to another level of dreamy heaven.

“Ah, yes, I’m ok. Thank You”

“Well, as a senior, there something I would like to say. The school is awesomely fine you could easily blend with it, but there is one thing or one person that you should beware of”

Hyo Young glared at Ma Ru who already scratching his head and sighed after hearing of what his friend just said.

 Hyo Young could do nothing but ask, “Who?”

“The one who just made you swoon, the Palgan-Mori (Red- Head) guy”

“The what?”

“All right, enough with the senior treatment. Now since you are new, I believe that you should be in the principal office”

“Yes, that’s right. Excuse me” Hyo Young grabbed her beg and ready to leave, she still half bow form embarrassment, especially toward Ma Ru. She bowed deeper over and over again this time made her long hair swung toward her face made her look clumsier.

“Thank You. I’ll be off to the office now, thank you” She took the last look at Ma Ru secretly before she turned her body toward the door, but then she stopped and turned again.

“Chogiyo, where can I find the office by the way?” Hyo Young bit her lower lip and scratched her head. She looked so stupid though she tried so hard to avoid it.

Ma Ru laughed and walked toward the door and opened it widely, “Come. I’ll take you there”

Seriously Hyo Young wanted to hug this guy right away, she didn’t know his voice would be so attractive too out from his complete appearance, made Hyo Young back to her daydreaming.

“Shall we?” Ma Ru pointed his thumb towardthe hallway and once again waken up the dreaming Hyo Young.

“Yes, sunbae-nim”

Along the way Hyo Young couldn’t stop to steal a glance to the tall figure beside her who from they walked out of the school’s clinic keep bubbling about the school facilities and stuff. But in Hyo Young’s head there are only rainbows and flowers because she finally made it. Finally met her prince and could actually talked, even with the pretty odd and embarrassment encounter, but the point is she could see him in person.

“So, is there anything you want to ask about school? I’m here to help”

“Wow, you’re such a great tour guide” Hyo Young unconsciously mumbling again, but this time is louder and in a very awe tone of speaking.

Ma Ru laughed a little and smiled, “I told you to ask me anything not to compliment”

“Oh, Erggg I’m sorry. But yes, sunbae-nim I will ask you, about anything. I-I promise”

“Yeah, sure” Ma Ru laughed and nodded

“Yeah” Hyo Young laughing as well while she thought, ‘Is your phone number part of the ‘anything’? if it is, I’d love to ask it. Like immediately’

“So, here we are” Ma Ru stopped in front of a door. He knocked it twice swung the door open.

“Oh, Kang Ma Ru. Come on in” A middle age man sat behind a desk and smiled at Ma Ru. Ma Ru glanced at Hyo Young to come inside and they both stood beside the principal desk.

“Oh, and you must be the new student, Ryu Hyo Young. Are you feeling well now?”

Hyo Young nodded slowly toward the principal and smiled as well. “I’m fine, sir. Thank you for your concern”

“Yeah, sorry to made a very bad first impression because of our stupid student and trust me, we are in the way to handle him, and…”

“Sajang-nim, Mi Reu is here” one of the guy who looks like a teacher announced through the door.

“Send him in” The principal replied in shout.

Hyo Young glared at the door while someone, as tall as Ma Ru but with different kind way of walking, and most noticeable thing of him is his hair, Red-Haired. But Hyo Young got more surprised when she could see the guy closer when he stood right in front of the principal desk. She widened her eyes when she realized something funny. The red-haired guy’s face is similar to someone.

Kang Ma Ru.

Hyo Young changed her glare toward Ma Ru and the red-haired guy.

What the hell is this? There are two Kang Ma Ru here?

Same face but different style. Different but…same face.

Ma Ru seemed expected that Hyo Young would be surprised, so he looked at her and smiled, more like an apologized smile. From where she stood, she watch the red-haired guy who stood a crossed her. Then the red-haired guy noticed that Hyo Young watching him. He looked at her then….wink.

Hyo Young looked away in shock. That guy is definitely someone whom she should be aware or better avoid of.

“Kang Mi Reu”

“Yes, I’m here, sir” the red-haired guy who apparently named Mi Reu raised his left hand and made a salute motion to the principal. He smiling like nothing can make him fear, even the principal.

“What are you doing here?” the principal sighed in annoyed

“Sir, I’m still register as one of the student here, So I came here for school”

“School? But don’t you remember that you are in your detention?”

“That’s because I love the school so much. You know I have such a big dedication toward this school, sir”

Ma Ru scoffed. Mi Reu stop laughing and looked at him. “Is there something funny, little brother?”

Hyo Young could see the facial changed on Ma Ru’s face. He even tightened his jaw.

What is it? The twins don’t get along with each other? Why am I feel like I’m in trouble?

Hyo Young couldn’t understand why suddenly her heart beating so fast. And when she looked at Mi Reu, a goosebumps crept to her whole body.

“Oh, yeah I forgot. You are the one who had the biggest dedication toward this school. Your face is everywhere on the pamphlets and on the school site. You’re an Idol now, I can say. What a great expectation from the role model”

“Kang Ma Ru!” The principal shouting made the two looked away from each other.

“I heard you made another trouble. Causing someone to lost conscious”

“Oh, that backpack accident? Pretty funny actually”

Hyo Young dropped her jaw open by what he just said, making her fainted from having 5 kilos backpack fell on her head by the ten meter high is actually ‘funny’ to him? She was lucky she didn’t get amnesia.

“Go ask Ryu Hyo Young here if she ever felt Funny”

“Ryu what?” Mi Reu put his fake stupid face.

“Hyo Young. Our new student” Mr Principal took a deep sigh and looked at Hyo Young, “She must be really in pain. So, what about you say something to comfort her”

Mi Reu snorted pretty loud made everyone in the room getting more irritated. The Principal started to be impatient so his threw his pen on the desk. “What?”

“I don’t think I’m good in comforting people. Well, if she accepts a date, I can do that.”

“Yeah, in your dream” Hyo Young suddenly whispered, but her whispered is not low enough so it made Mi Reu stop grinning and looked at her. Her eyes met his. He must be never expects she would say any reply. Or, never expect that someone would reject him pretty soon. Mi Reu eyes changed toward his twin brother Ma Ru who made an awe smile at Hyo Young and she smiled back. At that moment he realized something.

“Kang Mi Reu, seems you have someone who doesn’t have any interest in you” what Hyo Young said seem made the principal amused too. But Mi Reu is not ‘MAD’ Mi Reu if he doesn’t have something to strike back.

“Don’t worry sir, I’ll make her do”

#          #          #

“Is he crazy or what?” Hyo Young asked Ma Ru on the corridor after the meeting with the principal done. They allowed ending the meeting before Ma Ru, he still have something to discussed, another detention.

Ma Ru just smiled and said, “You’re not the only one who ask me that”

“But you two are so different. You are so...and he was so...” Hyo Young couldn’t find the right description of her thought, but Ma Ru already understood.

Ma Ru scratched the back of his head, “You’re not the only one who said that either”

“Yeah, I bet”

“But, I do surprise of you”

“Euh? Surprise?”

“Yeah, because most of girls here were attracts to him, you’re the only one who said that. He is so ‘devilish’ attractive, they said”

“What, you mean he dated every girls in this school?” Hyo Young widened her big eyes made it even bigger.

“Yeah, something like that” Ma Ru nod slowly and smiled.

Hyo Young shook her head but then a sassy question came up to her mind, he glared at the busy waving Ma Ru (He was waving at every student passing by). Hyo Young straighten her body and ask.

“So how about you, sunbae-nim? You must be attracted to girls too, since you are top star here.”

Ma Ru laughed and lowered his head, “You want an honest or lie answer?”

Hyo Young surprised, she can read something bad on his smile. But then she asked with a heavy hearth, “The...honest one?”

“Well, didn’t mean to brag but...some of them asked me out”

Second later Hyo Young was regret for asking the question.

Damn. I should move faster! She thought.

“But...”

Horay, there’s a but!  She thinks she might still have a chance.

“But...” Hyo Young repeated.

“But...we are already in front of your class, you should get in now. See you later”

“But, but I want to know the but is” Hyo Young stopped Ma Ru for trying to open the class room’s door.

“Trust me, my dating story is boring. Nothing to tell” Ma Ru slid the door open and pushed Hyo Young in, “See you later”

“But, sunbae-nim wait, I need to know, IT’S IMPORTANT! SUNBAE-NIMMMM!”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“WOOOOOOOOOOO”

Hyo Young turned around quickly and found out that the whole class is laughing at her. She glanced at the teacher who already put her hands on her waist.

Her face was as red as a tomato as she walked beside the teacher and her laughing classmates

#          #          #

“What’s up with the IMPORTANT thing? By the way?”

Hong Se Na, Hyo Young’s table mate asked her in the break time when they walking to the cafeteria.

“It’s nothing”

“Oh,come on tell me” the other girl, Min Ji insisted.

“Well, it’s just something I want to know from sunbae-nim”

“Which sunbae-nim?” Asked Se Na, getting closer.

“Ma Ru sunbae-nim”

“Ma Ru sunbae-nim? What do you want to know from him?” Asked Se Na again, getting more closer and more curious.

“Just something. It’s complicated” Hyo Young put her palms on her blushing face.

“What is it? You’re blushing?”

“You like him?”

“Is it because he’s the one who piggy back you to the school clinic when you fainted?” asked Min Ji.

“HE WHAT?!” Hyo Young screamed and stop her track.

“You didn’t know? Ah, you were fainted, of course you don’t know”

Hyo Young stared at the front of her blankly. She just got a piggy back from her prince. What is it? A dream came true?

“Hyo Young ah...” Se Na waved her hand in front of Hyo Young’s face but she still doesn’t move even a blink of an eye.

“What the hell is wrong with this girl?” Min Ji stared at Hyo Young’s stiffen face then she tried to pinch her cheek. She was still as stiff as statue.

The two girls shrugged and left Hyo Young alone.

She felt like many flowers flying around her. Many colorful conveties flew off from above of her. She could felt wind blow her cheek. Swing her hair. But the wind is different and warmer, and then it has the smell of bubble gum. A very sweet smell of a bubble gum.

A buble gum?

Hyo Young turned her head around but then she bumped onto someone who stood right behind her. She lost her balance backward but someone caught her by the hand. She could see a face, a devilish face with a close- to Satan’s grinned. Kang Mi Reu.

“Be carefull” He said while chewing his gum.

A sweet bubble gum.

Hyo Young’s heart beat so fast once again, she felt he tighter his grip on her.

“Let-let go of me”

“What?”

“Let go of me!”

“Ok”

“Arghhh!” Hyo Young fell on sitting position when Mi Reu let go of his grip on her hand in sudden.

The boy just kept chewing his gum but then he extended his hand, “Need a hand?”

“No. Thanks!” Hyo Young succeed to stood on her feet again and took a last glanced at Mi Reu before she left.

“I’m sorry!” Hyo Young suddenly stop again when she heard of what Mi Reu said.

“I’m sorry for making you fainted. I didn’t mean to. I mean I didn’t know that you will pass the road. It was an accident, right?”

Now Hyo Young got a shiver on her neck because in fact he sounds like he is indeed sorry. Eventually she said, “It doesn’t matter. I won’t put any grudge on you. Just act like nothing happened and act like we never met”

“That’s rude. Actually I want make it up to you”

“No need to, I’m fine” Hyo Young turned around again and took a step forward.

“Oh, come on. Tell me your number so at least I can take you for hang out”

She stopped again and sighed, “I told you I’m fine. No need to hang out”

“Fine , then just tell me your password”

“My password of what?”

“Of this”

Hyo Young gasped in shocke when she saw Mi Reu waving her cellphone beside his head. The phone must be slipped from her pocket when she fell before. Why didn’t she notice it earlier?

“Give it back” Hyo Young ran toward him but Ma Ru lift his hand higher

“Give it back!” Hyo Young jumped tried to reach her phone. It was something really hard to do since Mi Reu as tall as a girrafe.

“Tell me”

“I won’t tell!”

“Tell me!” Now Mi Reu extended her phone out the window. The phone will automatically crash into pieces because they were on the second floor.

“You won’t dare!” Hyo Young challenged him.

“Are you sure?”  Mi Reu hold the phone just by the pinch of two fingers and swung it to left and right, waiting for her next decision.

Hyo Young then remember she only save loads of Ma Ru pictures from the schools site in her phone memory, and if it crashed she doesn’t thinks she could save it.

“Last decision”

“Ok, fine. I’ll tell”

“Good, now tell me”

“It’s zero”

“zero...” Mi Reu pushed the number on the screen

“nine”

“nine...”

“two”

“two...”

“nine”

“nine...again...it seems your favourite” Mi Reu mumbled while kept waiting for the next number

“nine”

“Nine again. Wow, the numbers are getting sounds familiar” Mi Reu spoke to himself, “Don’t tell me the next number is one, cause that would be....”

“Your birthday?” Hyo Young looked at him in a weak yet mad eyes, because her secret now is about to reveal.

Mi Reu looked down at her, right into her eyes. Wondering himself why she has that kind of look. He pushed the last number which is one then he heard a ‘cling’ sound. He looked at the phone screen. He felt a weird feeling because on the screen, there is a close up photo of Kang Ma Ru which taken from the school brochure.

“You must be kidding me” Mi Reu scoffed and mumbling, “You’ve got to be kidding me”

“GIVE IT BACK!” Hyo Young snatched the phone back from Mi Reu then she walked away. But she still could hear Mi Reu screaming.

“YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!”

To Be Continued....

Hufff, busy time lately but I manage to update this one. How is it? Please tell me what you think.