About Me: Cameron

Butterfly Effect (Discontinued)

 

   Cameron sat in her living room with the camera . "Hey guys, Cammi here with the first installment of the About Me series! First and foremost, on behalf of the Seoulful Sound crew, I would like to thank you guys for sending in so many questions. We would've liked to read them all but we didn't want to turn these videos into full length documentaries. So we gathered up some of the questions you guys sent to our accounts that would summarize enough about us. Okay first question!" she said as she scrolled through her phone.

  What is you full name and birthday?

   "My full name is Cameron Alisa Nikolayevna Veneva and I was born December 6, 1993. 

Where were you and your family born? Can you also tell some information about your family like ethnicity or occupation?

   "My family is mainly from Kingston, Jamaica; Moscow, Russia; Cleveland, Ohio and Atlanta, Georgia but are spread out all over the world. I'm a special case because I was the only child to be born in Kingston. I'm also the only child my parents thought to be a boy until I was born." she then put on a judgmental stare just for her parents before returning back to normal. "I come from a very multicultural background. My mommy, Melanie Pengo, is of Afro-Caribbean and Chinese-Filipino descent and she's my lawyer/manager, who also owns her own management agency. She's really nice and funny but will turn into a scary mother tiger in a heartbeat. I know from experience. My maternal grandma Lillian Blackwater is a native of Jamaica but moved to France when she was young and became an art teacher there. She's very funny and free spirited if I do say so myself. She then met and married my maternal grandpa Richard Pengo, who was born and raised in Caloocan City in the Philippines and is a retired language professor, in Atlanta. He made me love learning about different languages. He calls it Leveling Up because you can be friends or interact without the limitations of a language barrier."

   "My daddy is Nikolai Veneva but most call him Nick for short and he is a cultural anthropologist who I got my corny sense of humor from. He is of European and Russian descent. My paternal grandma Hanna Arcos is a Romanian born pastry chef but has Scandinavian, Persian, and Portuguese ancestry. She then met my grandfather Vladimir Veneva who is a proud Russian born culinary chef with some Ukrainian ancestry. They met, married, moved to Cleveland to open up a few restaurants and had four other children, one being my Uncle Dmitry who was in my toddler violin jam session." Cameron said. "So to put it short I was born to be culturally promiscuous or just plain awesome."

   "I have five siblings, three older brothers, an older sister, and a younger sister and we all have dual citizenship as Americans and Russians. My oldest brother is Collin and he's a former U.S. Marine and works as the go to accountant for his younger siblings. Next are the twins, Chase and Caleb, who decided to become professional soccer and snowboarding athletes, respectively. After them is Clarissa who's an actress and model as well as the very best friend of Sun Nam Hee. Then comes yours truly and finally Crista, the baby."

How much do you weigh?

  "Wow this is kind of personal but I will be completely honest. I weigh 324kg which is 714lbs for us lazy Americans." Cameron answered with a nod. "I'm trying to get up to my ideal weight of 326kg or 718lbs."

What is your favorite color?

   "It's a tie between three colors: pale mint green, turquoise, and hot pink."

If you were born in a different time, what would you be?

   "Ooh, this is a good question! Okay if I was reborn in a different life and didn't have talent as a music composer, I think I would be an archaeologist because I like learning about cultural history or do something that involves children. I love children. Or be some type of doctor since I'm pretty good at science and math. The possibilities are endless."

What is your strongest and weakest points when you are working?

  "My strongest point is composing the actual music and dropping a nice beat. Usually I can just feel the rhythm and it just comes to me. My weaker point is writing lyrics. I feel like I can't really write about that much because I'm still young and only experienced a few personal events but as I mature, I feel it will come more naturally to me." 

Have you done any other activity besides playing and composing music?

   "Yes I have. My mom signed me up for gymnastics and dance classes when I was around three. I actually ended up liking it and competed in some kid and junior competitions where I actually won a few awards. But I still loved music way too much so I retired from gymnastics when I was around fifteen but I still keep up with dance stuff. Whenever I peek in on an artists' dance practices, I would sit back and watch then try my hand at it when I got back home. I also practiced with and learned some moves from my best friend Shey who is like a queen in dance. My dad said I'm really good at replication but then again he thinks he's a wonderful dancer when he actually has two left feet." Cameron chuckled. "Though I do believe I have some dance swag."

Who is your greatest influence?

  "Hmm that's a tough one because I find inspiration from a different source. I would have to say Martin Luther King just in general because he is one of those people I would build a time machine just to meet. In music I look up to Clive Davis because he's in the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, which is one of my biggest goals. I would also choose Mariah Carey as my inspiration because she is my everything, Beyonce for being spontaneous, Adele for just being herself and Rihanna for her confidence."  

Whose your favorite Kpop Idol?

   "This is not an easy question at all!! Seriously, I came from SM where there are so many awesome Kpop idols and you want me to choose one? Absurd! But I guess I have to say..." Cameron thought for a long moment. "...Amber and Luna from f(x), Key from Shinee, Hyoyeon and Seohyun from Girl's Generation, and Kris from Exo since they were the first to make an impact on me but that's not to take away from any of the other artist. I'm sorry I can't choose just one! I'm gonna get so much crap from the other artists its not even funny.They're all really awesome in their own way."

What is your biggest fear?

  "I'm scared of bees, snakes, mice, spiders and some other stuff, you know the typical stuff. But I'm really terrified of E.T, that alien thing from that one movie." Cameron answered. "Everyone is like "he's so cute and so sweet" but I had nightmares about that little extraterrestrial creep as a child which I can't unsee. I'm scarred."

What is your biggest aspirations for the future?

 " Aww, this the last question but it's a really good one! My goal is to become a CEO for my own label. I want to be as or even more respected than Pharell Williams, Quincy Jones or Barry Gordy when I get older in age. I want to be a true legend in the world of music. Maybe not like the original greats of classical music but up there." Cameron answered, determined. "Well now you guys officially have enough information about me to put on a Wikipedia page so that's all for today. Next up should've been Nam Hee but it'll be Rowan. Nam Hee's so busy right now but it will come eventually. So until next time, ciao!"

  She smiled and waved goodbye before turning off the camera.