Gardenia

Deep Violet Secrets

 

“What did you do to her?”

 

“I just played with her dreams, nothing bad, nothing bad,” The man who was just right outside of her windows replied.

 

The other sighed, “Well try not to play too much with her,”

 

The man looked at his friend and gaped, “You’re scared of them?”

 

The other just shook his head and leaned back to Sora’s window. It is 3 a.m. in the morning and their blue eyes shines brighter than the moon.

 

“It’s not like I’m scared of them, it’s more to-“

 

“What she will think of us?” The man who is still looking at Sora caught him off and answered it for him.

 

“Well that too…” The other bit his lip.

 

His friend stared at him for a couple of seconds and chuckled out of nowhere, leaving the other with a confused face.

 

“You are one messed up kid, Z.”

The sounds of the bird chirping can be heard from Sora’s rooftop room.

 

Yes, in order to survive life, she has to bear living in a small rooftop room, which she finds comfy and calming. But to others, they would probably think that rooftop room is a hassle because of its lack of space.

 

Her eyes shot open as she lets her violet eyes shine in the room. She lazily got up from her bed and went straight towards her bathroom to shower. Sora always thinks that shower before breakfast has a good feeling to it. It would be nice to start a day with a nice mood. Oh, and to forget that nightmare that she had earlier.

 

In the shower, Sora kept thinking about the dream that she had earlier at night. All this time, her nightmares have always been about her mother. It was always about their happy memories together and then her mother suddenly being taken away from her in her childhood.

 

But now, why is her nightmare in the form of an unknown girl running away in the middle of the woods? Chased by a man with bright blue eyes and with a mark of the alphabet theta on his neck.

 

From there, she wonders again, she has seen those greek alphabets as a tattoo when she walks through her college hallway. Was it a guy or a girl? She thought. She could vaguely remember the tattoos and the faces of the people since she had no time to worry about those types of things because of her scholarship life. But one thing that she did remember was the alphabet itself. She has seen lower case alpha and delta tattoos walking around her college. Could there be more?

 

Shrugging off those thoughts, she quickly got off from her shower and stared at her closet that has a limited amount of clothes, but enough for her to live for. It is almost summer and it was not chilly nor was it too hot, so she figured she could wear a blue checked pattern plaid blouse that has three-fourths sleeves and a pair of shorts.

 

Truthfully, Sora doesn’t like to wear revealing clothes either so most of her clothes don’t go to the extent of revealing her chest. She finds those clothes disgusting and uncomfortable.

 

And another reason is because she has that ‘birth-mark’ of hers just right above her chest, below her collarbones. It was not too big nor to small for people to see, but she tends to avoid questions regarding her mark because of its shape.

 

Her hair was next, and figured that it was almost summer, she knows that the weather will get pretty annoying so she tied her hair into a normal braid and put it on the side of her shoulder.

 

Satisfied with her choice of clothing and hair, she goes to her desk and plopped her brown contact lenses to her eyes.

 

Blink, blink.

 

Done.

 

Right after that, she goes to her fridge to find something that she could make for breakfast, which was nothing.

 

“Seriously? I thought I bought something a few days ago,” She frowned

 

Silence.

 

“Oh well, that means I ate it all,”

 

Sighing, she took a look at her cabinets to find bread, jam, and nutella, which were a few of her favorites.

 

“Assa!”

 

Away Sora goes to her fantasy world of bread, jam, and nutella. And yes, that was basically her weekend routine.

It was 7:30 a.m when she figured that she could help out at her part time job even though she doesn’t have a shift on Saturday. The ahjumma for her flower shop was very nice to her and usually calls her ‘angel’ because of the good deeds that she had done to the shop.

 

Before she goes to the flower shop, she cleaned up her table (that was full of bread crumbs) and her messy bed. After she’s done with that, she quickly grab her bag that’s filled with her wallet and other necessities, and wore her pair of old sneakers that still fits her even after many years.

 

Oh, another thing that she likes about the flower shop is its distance from her home. It was not too far to walk by feet so every Sunday, which was her actual shift for work, she would always walk by feet and enjoy the busy street that’s full of people and their gadgets.

 

“Ahjumma!” Sora chirped as she excuse herself in the shop.

 

The ahjumma looked up from watering the flowers and smiled, “Oh, Sora! What brings you here?”

 

“I figured that I could help out today since I have nothing to do,”

 

“But your shift is tomorrow, get some rest kid… you have school and this… you must be tired…” The ahjumma talked to Sora who is now crouching down besides her, watching her water the flowers.

 

“Ei, I can’t let you handle all of these flowers and the customers though! Besides, I’ve finished all of my work for this week!”

 

The ahjumma just stared at her and smiled, knowing that she wouldn’t win this argument against her.

 

“Well then, I’ll take care of the flowers and you’ll take care of the customers,”

 

Sora’s ears perked up, “Thank you, ahjumma!” And there she goes to wear her apron.

 

“I’m the one who should be thanking you,” The ahjumma giggled. “What an angel.”

 

“Floral Sense is now open!”

“Woah, the daffodils are on fire today, there’s only a few batch left.” Sora said as she looked to the direction of the daffodils while arranging a batch of mixes flowers.

 

“Daffodils mean a new beginning, right ahjumma?”

 

“Yes, but if someone only bought one then it means misfortune.”

 

Sora stopped arranging her bouquet for a second, “Well it’s a good thing no one bought a single daffodil then.”

 

The sounds of the doorbell chimed right after Sora finished talking, indicating that another customer is here. Sora didn’t look up though, since she was too busy arranging the flowers. She figured that ahjumma would take care of the customer as she takes care of the flowers.

 

“Excuse me, are there any gardenias here?” The man asked but was greeted by silence. Curious about who the voice belongs to, Sora finally looks up from her flowers and stare at the man.

 

A man who is much taller then her came to her view then. He has a tan face that can surely be compared to Sora’s milky white skin. He also looks somewhat her age and very good-looking. But, Looks like a player, Sora thought as she frowned. “Ahjumma, this man is asking for gardenias.”

 

The man raised an eyebrow.

 

“Ah yes they are right here, would you like it to be wrapped and decorated?” Ahjumma asked the man, which he quickly responded to.

 

“Just like this is fine, and do you perhaps have an envelope and a card?”

 

Ahjumma gestured towards the rack full of cards to write on, “There are a few selections from there, pick whichever one that you like.”

 

A thank you was then heard from the man as he walked down to pick his card and envelope. He then gave his chosen envelope and card to Sora, who was the cashier for the day. Then she noticed, an alpha mark on the insides of his wrist.

 

“Uh, the total would be $20, sir…”

 

The man smirked and gave her the $20 before he left the shop, leaving Sora unmoving.

 

Another one of those, is it just me or does those tattoo’s have more meanings than other normal tattoo’s?

Thank you for the comment, subscription, and upvote! Thank you thank you thank you~

Oh, and try to guess the three people that appeared in this chapter!

Keke, Thank you for reading~