The Beginning: Visions

Deep Violet Secrets

 

 

Click. Saved.

 

Sora sighed as she massaged her temples, her glasses hanging on the tip of her nose. She had just finished her paper works containing her reports about the case that she just investigated. She breathed out in relief knowing that her homework are now gone – for the day – though she knows that more work will come the next day and the day after that. Well not exactly the next day and the day after that because today is Friday.

 

Despite being the smartass and scholarship student that she is, she still complains about it, which was something that she knows she shouldn’t do. But then again she’s a scholarship student, she should be thankful and do her work rather than being an ungrateful little like every other rich kids in her college.

 

After putting her glasses back in its case, she swivels around on her chair with a pout on her face to take a breather. 

 

Report papers take the most work in her opinion, especially when she is in the forensics department. From the complete background information, information about each of the victim and reason of death, statements from police and government, evidences (all kinds of it including experimental and textual evidences), her own assumptions of what killed the person, and evidences for her own assumptions. Oh, not forgetting the conclusions of course.

 

This particular case or project was in fact her favorite, despite her complaints. Simply because only a few of the many students from the entire city could actually be a real forensic and work in the lab – you know, with the real blood, evidence, and other stuff from the actual crime scene. And of course being a scholarship student qualifies her to be one of those special students.

 

As she lean back on her chair and closed her eyes, she remembered her first day working in the real lab. She smiled and let her memories fill her mind. The real evidences, the real forensics, the computers, the microscopes, all of them were new to her there. The people around her may have not noticed it but she was actually very ecstatic when she first came to the lab that she was assigned to. She acted professionally at that time as they were instructed too and was quick to focus back on her work before she gets kicked out of the lab, that’s why.

 

A few minutes after fantasizing about the lab tools, she grimaced at the memory of the real blood on the victims’ shirts. She shuddered and opened her eyes. That thought of the blood ruined her fantasy of being a real forensic. Not wanting to think about the blood and the other eerie stuff that she saw back then, she glanced at her digital clock on her desk.

 

12:43, not like I have anything to do tomorrow anyways, she thought as she put back her reading glasses and re-read her report before going back to her computer and randomly surf the internet for recommended books in some bookstore near where she lives.

 

Nope, not bad, nope, uh definitely not, scroll down, scroll down, dunno about this one, nope, next page, nope, nope, nope…. Oh? This sounds interesting. I should go to the bookstore tomorrow.

 

She took her phone and went to notes, jotting down the title and the author of her chosen book. Satisfied, Sora smiled and took off her glasses for the nth time and took out her brown contact lenses. Her violet eyes then shone in the dark room.

 

Thinking that there was nothing else to do, she got up from her chair and plopped down to her bed. She pulled up her covers and hugged her one and only teddy bear.  Her only possession that reminds her of her mother that was murdered mysteriously when she was in the first year of middle school, making her live independently ever since then.

 

“Mother, are you happy there in heaven?”

 

Silence.

 

“What am I thinking? Of course you are, there’s everything there,” She smiled. “Me? I’m about to accomplish my dream. The professor and the test are the only thing in the way right now!” She snickers lightly; these ‘conversations’ were normal to her since she does this every night to relief herself from her tiring life of a scholarship student with a part time job.

 

“My part time job is very fun, honestly mom. I mean, looking after beautiful flowers and arranging them after a tiring day at college is very calming. Wouldn’t you say?” Silence. A yawn then escaped from Sora’s mouth. “Hm I think should sleep now, thanks for listening to me mom,” She closed her eyes.

 

“Good night.”

 

She smiled in hope that her parents heard her.

 

But without her knowing, a flash of blue shone right outside of her window, followed by a chuckle.

 

Pant pant.

 

The girl ran and ran. Not looking back. Not even once. Trees by trees she passed by in a blur. Her tears seems to be flowing down her cheeks, but never made it to her collar bone as it was swept by the wind because of her speed.

 

Her tears were dwelling up in her eyes and seemed to blur her vision, making her trip on the rock beneath her. She winced and caressed her scraped knee; blood is starting to flow out of it. She gasped and remembered. She stood up and staggered her way to the end of the forest. Since her speed was deteriorating, she could already hear the trees behind her moving, making a whish sound. She looked back as she heard a snicker.

 

“Stop it please!” She cried out to no one in particular – except for those bastards that were chasing her.

 

“What do you want from me? Stop it please…”

 

Tap. Tap. Tap.

 

The steps were getting louder and her legs were too weak from running and her wound. The girl collapsed to the ground and sobbed. She’s done.

 

“Revenge completed.” The mysterious voice chuckled rather evilly and walked up to her, hovering her fragile body. The girl stopped with her sobs and looked up, her eyes widened.

 

Crystal-blue eyes.

 

Theta.

 

A scream was then heard.

“AAAACK!”

 

Sora’s eyes shot opened and her hands immediately flew up to her heart, trying to calm her down. “What the heck was up with that dream!?”