Chapter 6

One and Only You

ChanYeol watched from afar, his heart clenching in pain as he sees Jihoo's hand on Ri Na's waist. Their fingers intertwined to each other and they dance in the middle of the crowd, the guy laughing and obviously enjoying the moment while Ri Na... Ri Na's smiling too. Their eyes pinned together and ChanYeol wished he was him. He looked down, not having any apetite to eat.

"I told you. You should've make your move when you had the chance." Kris told him, he was seating next to ChanYeol and eating, his eyes looking at the pair on the dance floor.

ChanYeol heaved a sigh. He glance once more at Jihoo and Ri Na only to wide his eyes at the sight.

They're about to kiss.

Their faces so near, Jihoo was the one leaning towards her and before his lips could even touch hers, he stood up and walked away from the venue as fast as he can. He walked away from the hurt, he walked away with tears in his eyes.

 

 

"Jihoo!" Ri Na pushed him away, automatically glaring at the man who tried to steal her first kiss.

Jihoo chuckled. "What?" He offered his hand to take her hand but Ri Na took a step backward.

"You're not going to kiss me, Jihoo." She looked down, hands on her chest.

"C'mon. I know you want this too, Ri Na." Jihoo who thinks she was just playing hard-to-get said. He took a step forward to her and about to take her to him when Kris appears and hid Ri Na behind him.

"She said she doesn't want it." The taller of them three said, his eyes looking down on Jihoo with a cold stare. "C'mon Ri Na." He eyed Jihoo for a few seconds more before walking Ri Na back to their table.

"Are you alright?" Eun-Ji asked her quite worriedly and Ri Na nodded, looking around and finding for that one familiar face she wanted to leaned on right now. Unfortunately, he's no where to found.

"Where's ChanYeol?" Ri Na asked, looking at Eun-Ji.

"He's... Gone." Eun-Ji said, making her best friend frown. "Anyway, let's just eat. Go on. Try the fries, it tastes good!" She urged her, but Ri Na leaned down on her seat, hoping ChanYeol was there.

 

 

 

 

 

"What happened?" Dae-Ho asked and drives the car, he quickly went to their school when ChanYeol sent him a message that he couldn't drive right now. "Yeol, what happened?" He asked again, glancing at his grandson.

"I'm broken-hearted, grandpa." ChanYeol looked outside the window, he wished he could easily take away that scene inside his head but it feels like the memory's stuck in there forever. "She's with Jihoo now---"

"Hey hey hey." Dae-Ho stopped driving, looking at his grandson whose eyes are obviously hurt and pained. "Boys don't cry over girls, Yeol. Remember that number one rule."

ChanYeol looked at his grandfather, his eyes teary. "What should I do, grandpa?" He looked down, fist clenching. "I don't want to hurt like this anymore."

Dae-Ho patted him on the shoulder and looked at him quite sympathetically. "Then are you sure you're ready?"

ChanYeol meets eyes with his grandfather again and this time, his eyes looking curious. "Ready for what?"

Dae-Ho smirked, he leaned on his seat and starts the engine. "I'm going to teach you the Art of Spooning Women." And off they drove away into a bar where ChanYeol's grandfather shows him how to make a girl fall for their charms.

 

 

 

 

 

"Ri Na, are you alright there?" Eun-Ji asked, looking at Ri Na from the rearview mirror. She was seated next to Kris who is driving the car and ever since the Prom ended, Ri Na never spoke again.

The girl from the backseat looked back at Eun-Ji and forced her lips to form a small smile just to assure her friends that she's fine. She then looked back outside the window again, wondering where could ChanYeol be. She's been calling him for how many times but he isn't picking up his phone. She sent him countless messages but in the end, she was still rejected. She begins to worry about him, good thing a common friend told her that he saw ChanYeol rode the car with his grandfather. Ri Na pouts her lips, she always hated this kind of feeling. Feeling like she's not even important to ChanYeol to leave her just like that. Maybe he's with someone else right now. Her mind thought and she sighed, noticing that the car stopped.

"Take good care of Ri Na, okay?" She heard Eun-Ji saying goodbye to Kris as they were outside her house already. Eun-Ji took a glance at her before stepping out of the car. "Don't worry about ChanYeol. He'll call you when he gets home, I'm sure of that." She smiled at Ri Na and the latter unconsciously smiled back. It was a small smile, but quite a sincere one. "There. It's much better when you're smiling like that."

Ri Na sighed for the nth time and she nodded. Eun-Ji bid her goodbye to Kris once more and soon, the two left in the car was back in the road. "Why can't you just admit it to him, Ri Na?" She heard him ask, breaking the silence inside the car all of a sudden.

"Admit what?" Ri Na replied simply. She understands what is Kris trying to ask him and as much as she hates to talk about it, she knew she couldn't.

"You know what I'm talking about." Kris said, eyeing her from the rearview mirror. "ChanYeol couldn't do it. Why can't you?"

Ri Na scoffed, shaking her head. "Because I'm a girl?" She shots back, raising an eyebrow at the older guy.

"So?" Kris countered.

"So it means I'm the one who is supposed to be courted not the other way around." Ri Na looked down on her hands and Kris stayed silent as if waiting for her to finish whatever she has to say. "It is every girl's dream, you know. To have a guy knocking on your front door and asking your parent's permission to court you." She smiled sadly. "Maybe ChanYeol isn't really interested in me..."

"He is." Kris confirmed, making Ri Na blushed. "He's just scared." He stopped driving and that when Ri Na realized that they're already outside her house.

"Thank you for driving me home." She tried smiling at Kris and even before she can get out of the car, Kris spoke.

"I just hope you still believe that ChanYeol likes you. A lot."  Their eyes meet and Ri Na could see the sincerity in his voice. "You know me, Ri Na. I never lied when it comes to topics such as this and I know ChanYeol. He likes you."

"I actually hoped I'm going to hear those words from tonight..." Ri Na looked down, eyes sad. "But again, I was wrong." She sighed and thanked him again before completely stepping out of the house.

And neither one of them knew ChanYeol was just a few meters away, watching them. Misunderstanding things.


042314.

Author's Note:

Exciting chapters are about to unveil.

And oh, dearies! I'm going to enter a writing contest! Ehehehe. I'll be posting a blog about it. ^^,

PS.

I have a new facebook profile. It's exclusive for KPop stans only especially BABYZ and EXO stans. Add or follow!

My account on twitter got suspended for I dunno, third time? And I registered using SlyMatoki username once again. Follow me!

I also made new blogs on tumblr. Personal BlogKPop BlogRequest Blog and Photo Blog. Follow them!

And one last thing. I changed my ASKFM account too. Ask me anything!