Chapter 5

One and Only You

Ri Na sighed, looking down. Her mother stopped combing her hair, feeling something isn't okay with her daughter.

"What is it, Ri Na?" Ae Sook asked, looking at her daughter from their reflection on the mirror.

Ri Na played with her fingers, a small sad smile now registering on her face. "I don't think I should go to Prom, umma." She said,  meeting her mother's eyes on the mirror. "No one asked me out."

Ae Sook wanted to ask more, but she held Ri Na's shoulders firmly and a gentle smile appeared on her lips instead. "Prom is not about couples, Ri Na. It's a time in your teenage years where you should enjoy one night with your friends without worrying about us scolding you even if you went home 2 in the morning." Ri Na was still looking unsure and so her mother chuckled lightly. "You should go, of course. Eun-Ji will be there and so are your other friends. ChanYeol too!" She insisted. "Oh, did ChanYeol got a date for himself? You two can go together." She even suggested, only to make Ri Na sigh even more.

"He'll pick me up but I don't know if he has a date." Ri Na sighed for the nth time before standing and picking up her things. She bit on her bottom lip as she walked out of the room, trying to suppress the sadness and disappointment of attending one of the few parties she really anticipated ever since she was a little girl.

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you really like this girl?" Dae-Ho, ChanYeol's grandfather asked him. The two of them are standing by the latter's car, outside the gates of their home.

ChanYeol smiled happily, nodding his head shyly. "I am sure of it."

Dae-Ho let out a laugh, eyeing his daughter and her husband. "Your son is a man now!" He patted his grandson on his shoulder, handing him the keys. "Then give her the best night of her life. Drive safely." ChanYeol took the keys and nod his head politely. He waved to his parents before buckling inside the driver's seat. "ChanYeol!" His grandfather called once more and the boy rolled down the windows.

"Neh~?"

"Always remember to use protection, arrasso?"

ChanYeol's cheeks went hot as soon as he realized what the old man meant. "Grandpa!" He whined, hearing her mother's whining too. His father was laughing, telling him to go now or else he and Ri Na will be late for the Prom. ChanYeol sighed, rolling the windows up and waved one last time before driving away.

 

 

 

 

 

Within a few minutes, ChanYeol parked the car in front of Ri Na's house and stopped the engine. He eyed himself on the rearview mirror, checking if he's still decent-looking. He breathes out, stepping out of the car only to be greeted by Hyun-Shik.

"ChanYeol's here!" He announced, opening the gates to let the boy in. "Ri Na is upstairs with her mother." He said, calling the two once more. Ae Sook replied back, saying they'll be downstairs in a minute. He gestured ChanYeol to sit down on the couch as he himself sat down on the chair adjacent to it. The boy obliged, sitting properly as he waits for Ri Na to come down. "I see your grandpa allowed you to drive his car?"

ChanYeol nodded his head politely, a small smile creeping out on his face. "I just got my driving license last summer, Sir."

"Drive safely, okay?" He reminded ChanYeol and was about to speak more when his wife walked down the stairs with a smile on her face.

"Here she is!" Ae Sook moved to the side and the two guys saw Ri Na on top of the stairs, a little smile was up on her lips. She waved shyly and started walking down the stairs.

ChanYeol on the other hand was stunned, his lips half apart from each other and admiration for her rushing on his entire body. His eyes were fixated on her, his heart beating fast.

"Oi?" It was the third time Ri Na called for his attention, but it seems like ChanYeol is still daydreaming. She blushed, tapping him harshly on his arm. "Yah! Park ChanYeol!"

​ChanYeol snapped back into reality and stood up almost immediately. "M-Mianhe..." He said, looking down on her. "You looked beautiful, Ri Na." He added, that made the girl's cheeks hot even more.

"Shut up." Ri Na replied, getting embarrassed as seconds passed by.

"You two." Ae Sook called, holding a camera on her hands. "Stand straight and close to each other. Let's take a picture of your First Prom." But the two remained standing a few inches away. "Come on! Just one shot. Move closer." She urged and even though ChanYeol was a bit hesitant, he stand an inch away from Ri Na, his arm wrapped around her shoulder in a very light manner. "There you go. Now smile... Ri Na! Smile!" Ri Na smiled a little, very uncomfortable in her place right now. She felt awkward, like this simple gestures are new to her. "There..." Ae Sook clicked on the button and a flash went on, capturing their first formal picture together. She smiled at the photo, realizing how years had been so fast and how it feels like everything just happened yesterday.

"Umma..." Ri Na walked to her mom with pouty lips. "Why are you crying?"

Ae Sook shook her head, wiping the few tears that escaped her eyes. "I'm just happy..." She held her husband's arm. "You and ChanYeol grew up so fast..." She smiled, caressing her daughter's cheek lightly.

Ri Na sighed, holding her mother's hand in hers. "Umma, ChanYeol and I should go now or else we're going to be late. But I can't leave with you crying like this."

"Stop with your excuses, young lady." Ae Sook almost shoved the two outside the house, Ri Na couldn't do anything but just buckle up inside the car.

"Remember what I told you, ChanYeol." Hyun-Shik reminded him for the second time and ChanYeol can only nod his head in assurance.

"Enjoy the night, you two!" Ae Sook waved, smiling at the two of them.

ChanYeol opened the door of the car and went in, he waved back before driving to the venue of their school's Junior-Senior Promenade.

 

 

Come on, ChanYeol. What are you waiting for? Ask her now! Park ChanYeol's mind shouted at him but he was too deaf to make a move. He was a step behind Ri Na, eyeing her from the back, his heart tensed in mixed emotions. "Ri---"

"Ri Na!" ChanYeol shifted his gaze from Ri Na to the owner of the voice that called her name. It was no doubt, Hwang Eun-Ji with Kris trailing behind her. "Hi ChanYeol!" She greeted him too, she even smiled at him and he was about to speak when her eyes turned to Ri Na almost immediately. Excitement was painted on her face based on the huge smiles plastered on her lips. "You don't have a date yet, right?" She asked and Ri Na didn't know what to say. "Please tell me you don't have a date yet, Ri Na! Please please please!"

"Better ask her now, ChanYeol." Kris stood beside his friend, the two of them watching the girls especially Eun-Ji obviously spazzing. "Ask her to be your date." He held ChanYeol on both of his shoulders and pushed him a step closer to Ri Na.

ChanYeol took a series of gulp, feeling nervous and he was sure his heart will bounce sooner or later. "...R-Ri Na---"

"Why?" Ri Na asked. But it was not directed to ChanYeol. She was looking at Eun-Ji, wondering why her best friend is so hyper right now.

"Because!" Eun-Ji breathes in and smiles widely, her hands holding Ri Na's and swaying it from side to side. "You know the soccer team's captain Han Jihoo?"

"Umm... Yeah. He's my classmate a year ago---"

"He said he wants you to be his date!" Eun-Ji blurted out. It made Ri Na speechless as a smile went on her lips.

Wow. Someone is actually wanting me to be their date for tonight? Her mind silently thought.

"Look!" Eun-Ji pointed over a group of guys from the table near the stage. Ri Na felt her cheeks blushing when she realized that Han Jihoo was actually smiling back at her. "He's good-looking, isn't he?" Eun-Ji sighed dreamily and turned to look at her. "So what are you waiting for, Jang Ri Na? Go get that guy---"

"Excuse me." Eun-Ji's words were distracted when Kris barged in. He looked at Ri Na and tapped the ChanYeol's shoulder. "ChanYeol's wants to tell you something."

ChanYeol's eyes widened, he looked back at Ri Na and opened his mouth to speak but unfortunately, no words came out of his lips. He saw the look on her eyes. It screamed hope and ChanYeol didn't understand why he couldn't just say the words. He was nervous, scared and---

"Alright."

ChanYeol heard it loud and clear. He felt his heart slowly tearing apart. He wanted to follow her and stopped her from taking steps away from him.

But ChanYeol did nothing.


022514.

Author's Note:

Finally managed to update this! Hah! It's been ages, I know. And I'm truly sorry for the lack of updates, dearies. I've been busy with school and office plus I'm having this terrible writer's block. I hope it would fade away already.

Oh, and I'm not sure if I can update regularly from now on because I'm losing inspiration to write. I admit, I don't have any motivation left in me anymore... Are you dearies still there? I want to feel if you're still there... TT

Plugging:

Like what I said, I'm losing inspiration to write EXO fanfictions anymore. I'm so into BAP right now I even released a new story starring my two ultimate bias! It's Yongguk versus Jong In, dearies! Tell me which pair are you going to ship. Read and subscribe ~ Forever You (Yongguk x Eun Hye x Jong In). ^^,

Oh, and for those who would like to read One and Only You's original version, click here. I'm still working on the links for a much better read. Going to notify you dearies when it's up. ^^,

PS.

My twitter account got suspended and so I made a new one. Follow me @SlyMatoki. For questions, ask me @ShootAnonymous27. That's all for now! <3