Chapter 4

One and Only You

Ri Na stopped in front of the gates of her house, taking the paper bag ChanYeol handed to her. She looked at his eyes, silently hoping that deep inside this boy, is a question she wanted to hear from him so badly. That maybe, he really have intentions on taking her to the Prom as his date. Because if there's none, she wouldn't feel as if she's special to him a while ago.

Jang Ri Na can still remember it clearly. She can still remember the smile that appeared on ChanYeol's face, the warmth of his touch on her shoulders as he spun her around to look at herself on the mirror and of course, the soft voice that let out the words that made her heart beat rapidly. "You look perfect, Ri Na." She unconsciously smiled at the memory and ChanYeol waved a hand in front of her, distracting her thoughts about him. "Ri Na? Are you... Okay?" He asked, raising his brows at her.

Ri Na slapped back into reality and meets his gaze, blushing at the close distance of their faces. "H-Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Thank you for accompanying me in buying clothes for the... Prom." Her lips formed a thin line as her heart starts beating fast once again.

ChanYeol brought his hand at the back of his neck, lightly scratching it. "Well... I needed to buy one too so..." What are you doing, Park ChanYeol? Go and ask her now. He gulped, his whole system getting nervous as he look up to meet her eyes. "You don't have a date for the Prom yet?" . This is way too hard.

Ri Na's eyes screams hope at his question. She tried acting cool though, shaking her head slowly as an answer. "Unfortunately." She lets out an awkward laugh, looking away.

"Oh..." I can't do it right now. I just can't do it right now.

Ri Na waited for minutes to passed, but ChanYeol still didn't drop any question that she's wishing to hear from him. Sighing, she slowly turned to the gate. "Alright. I'll go inside now. Take care, Channie.."

"Good night, Ri Na."

 

 

 

 

 

"Omo! Jinjja?" Eun-Ji lied down on her bed, her phone on her ear as she talks to Ri Na that night. The latter called her after she took a warm bath, telling her how did the shopping go.

A small smile appeared on Ri Na's lips, nodding her head as if Eun-Ji can see her. "What do you think that means?"

"Well duh?! ChanYeol obviously admires you!" Eun-Ji rolled her eyes, but a smile flashing out on her lips too. She's just happy to know that finally, Ri Na's first crush, first puppy love and first love is now making a move.

"But he still didn't ask me, Eun-Ji." Ri Na's smile was then changed into a frown. She sighed inwardly, listening to every words her best friends advices her.

"Oh you just have to wait because ChanYeol probably is just too shy to ask you out. Maybe before this week ends, you'll find yourself nodding at his question. Just keep calm and wait patiently, okay?" Eun-Ji says and Ri Na thought about it, agreeing. "At least you know you're special to him, Ri Na."

Ri Na's frown was then brought back into a smile again. "Yeah. Thank you, Eun-Ji. Without you, I might have been crying and sulking all my life."

"Shut up. What are best friends for, anyway?" Eun-Ji giggled. "Oh and I want you to know that I already have a date for the Prom."

"Jinjja? Who is it?"

Eun-Ji fell silent for a few seconds, a blush on her cheeks as she answers. "Kris."

 

 

 

 

 

Days passed by and as much as Ri Na hates to admit it, she's slowly losing faith in Eun-Ji's words. There would be times when ChanYeol would make her feel special but still, he never attempt on bringing up the topic about Prom anymore.

She tried to wait patiently, tried to understand that ChanYeol maybe is just shy. Too shy to ask her a simple question.

Sometimes she thought about asking him instead. And yes. That's how desperate she's starting to be.

And Ri Na wakes up on a Saturday morning, broken at the thought that she'll attend the Prom without a date.


122113.

Author's Note:

Ooohhh. What do you think will happen on the next chapter? Yes yes, Prom scene on the next update! ^^,

Plugging:

Click.

EXO's Girlfriends - EXO | OCs

My Boyfriend is a Gangster - Yongguk | Eun Hee

EXO's Girlfriends (Deleted Scenes) - EXO | Ocs