Chapter 39: The Key

Sky is the Limit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 39: The Key

 

Bom and Tabi were standing behind Dara on Jiyong's secret place. Dara's body felt numb. Her eyes stuck on the ocean waves as her hair and graduation gown were blown by the breeze. She's hardly breathing. It feels like all her energy drained.

She closed her eyes and released another batch of tears. "Jiyong." She weakly mumbled.

 

"It when you want to do something for someone but all you can do is watch them crumbled." Bom said and started to tear up too. She wanted to help Dara, if she can, she'll take her pain instantly. She felt useless as her bestfriend, she knew that there's nothing she can do to ease her pain.

 

Tabi's jaw clenched. He understand Bom, he also wanted to help Jiyong. He had always witnessed Jiyong suffer everytime his sickness strikes. And he can do nothing but to witness him in pain. Tabi swallowed hard. He didn't know it was this hard, if he only knew, he would have not allowed Jiyong to runaway.

 

Tabi stepped forward and walked beside Dara. He shoved his hand to his pocket and fished out something. He silently offered his hand to Dara. Dara felt Tabi's presence and looked at Tabi's hand with a key on top of his palm. Dara stared at it and looked up to Tabi confusely.

 

"Jiyong left this. It was his locker's key." Dara looked back longingly at the key and slowly reached it with her hands. She then slowly grabbed it and clutched it on top her chest. She started to cry again.

Bom approached the two figures infront of her and wrapped her hands around Dara's shoulders. She gently rubbed her hands to her back to comfort her, somehow.

 

"Can't I follow him in Japan?" Dara weakly cried between sobs. "I don't care if he'd only live for two months. I just want to spend my time with him." She continued.

 

Tabi swallowed hard again. He hated to say this but she must know. "I'm sorry Dara. I don't know where to find him on Japan." Bom and Dara looked shockingly at him.

 

"What?! What do you mean you don't know?! You are his bestfriend! You would know it!" Bom asked, confused.

 

Tabi sighed and looked away. "More than a year ago, Jiyong was diagnosed with brain tumor, it was still on its early stage so he immediately undergo surgery, hoping that it will cure him. At first, we thought it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter