01

Blink of an eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love that moment, when you’re on a long car ride, or listening to the music, or reading, and you went completely zone out. You’d forget your troubles, and everyone around you, because you’re too focusing on that one thing and that one thing only. You’re content, and everything seems peaceful.

 

Until something distracted you from zoning out and you’re back to stupid reality where everything could easily pissed you off. Letting out one long heavy sigh, I choose to go out for a while and take some fresh air, when suddenly I remembered about tonight’s firework show at aunt’s famous café.

 

“I’m going out!” but my dad just waved at me and tell me to come home before dinner.

 

“I’ll try to make it before midnight, bye!”,

 

I left the house as soon as I said that, and jumped on my bicycle rushed through the buildings and finally stopped at my favorite spot. If I didn’t leave immediately, surely my dad won’t let me out and forced to just stay at home like little girls usually do…

 

“You’re here early today.”, exclaimed the lady at the counter. “Can’t wait for tonight?”, that smile of hers never gets me tired of coming here every day.

 

“It’s the last day of holiday…”, I grabbed my drink, “I wouldn’t want it to go to waste by just staying at home…”,

 

“Like little girls usually does…”, we said it in sync, “Or forced to.”, I continued some more.

 

Yeah, she know the phrase since we’re close, cause it’s what dad always say and I told her about it, she just get used to and happened to memorize it later on.

 

“You’re here for the fireworks or the boys?”, Sticking out her tongue and gave me a short wink while cleaning and drying the serving dishes.

 

“Well, maybe I might just go for both later.”, I ended the joke with another joke, she already knew that I have a boyfriend so I’m sure she was only messing around with that question, as I started to dive in to the pool of people at the back of that place, where people were already getting busy preparing for the event tonight.

 

“Heads up!”, The guy nearby shouted to the guy behind me, throwing some things that I believe was not supposed to be thrown recklessly like that.

 

“Stop playing around guys, we have less than three hours to wrap things up here!”, I heard that old lady giving them a warning, I’m guessing she’s the one in charge by the way she’s behaving as she walked back inside with her hands crossed behind her back.

 

I took a short look at the place, and a little tour around, I’m aware that outsiders are not allowed to be wandering off here like this, but since they already know that I’m the niece’s owner of this place, they just ignored me and continue with their individual works.

 

“Isn’t it amazing?”, A sudden voice appeared out of the blue making me jumped a little.

 

“Aunty!”, I groaned in frustration. “I nearly dropped my heart, you need to stop doing this…”,

 

“I’m sorry dear. Come here…”, She pulled me into her arms and patted my head gently.

 

I gave her a peek on her cheek that shethen she put her arm on my shoulder and dragged me everywhere and started to explain to me detail about tonight’s upcoming event.

 

“Does your dad know that you’re coming here?”,

 

I simply shook my head as an answer to her question.

 

“Why not?”,

 

“At first I was thinking on taking a short walk, but then I remembered that you’re celebrating your 2nd anniversary with this place, so I just told him that I’ll be back before midnight…”,

 

“You know your dad are not going to let you go home that late…”,

 

“I know, that’s why I ran off first before he could say anything to prevent me from going…”,

 

“And you do realize that he will ground you for this…”,

 

“I know…”, I sighed. “But can’t you at least be on my side this time? It’s the last day of holiday and you’re having a party…”, I pouted with puppy eyes, “I just can’t let it slide, please just let me be here tonight… Pleaseeee..”, I begged with my hands together.

 

“Alright fine!”, She scoffed. “But promise to tell him that you’re here safe with me, I wouldn’t want him to go worry for no reason and ‘BAM’!”, she suddenly clapped her hands, “he’s gone mad.”,

 

I jumped into her arms and hugged her tightly. I knew she would give in… Now, I just have to tell dad.

 

-------

 

“Hello? Dad?”,

 

“Where are you? Why aren’t you coming home?”,

 

“I’m still outside, and I just call to tell you-“,

 

“I told you to be back before dinner.”,

 

“I know, but aunty is celebrating her 2nd anniversary after she opened her café. It’s tonight…”,

 

“You’re at your aunt’s place?”,

 

“Yes.”,

 

“Fine then, make sure you’ll be back before 10.”,

 

And the line was cut off. That sudden reaction made me lose my interest on being here any longer. I knew he wouldn’t like it that much if he knows, but if I don’t let him know, then he’ll be twice as upset as he is now. I was having second thoughts. I was torn between whether I should just bail and go home or stay here and ignore dad’s remark.

 

“How are you enjoying the night breeze?”, She asked from behind.

 

“It’s getting cold, but its good thing I found your jacket earlier, can I like borrow it for a while? Just to bear with the night…”,

 

“Sure dear…”, She help me put on her jacket onto my frozen-cold shive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter