CHAPTER 6 - help

A Gentleman's Dignity (Extended Version)

She was entering the class utterly hopeless.  She had her homework done, a complete sign that she was hopeless. 

Kibum greeted her excitingly when she passed him. She smiled and left. Kibum was kind, he was her friend, and she was happy with it. But, the fact that she couldn’t skip any class with him, he seemed so boring then.

As he promised before, Kibum sat on Collin’s seat and talked to her, he talked to her before the class started. As the teacher came in, he was silent in a second. As she had predicted. So, she’d rather follow Collin’s suggestion, sleep.

She laid her head on the desk and was about to close her eyes when the teacher said that he would check their homework.

Kibum asked Jamie her homework before she slept. She gave him her book so she could sleep without the teacher woke her up to ask for her homework.

She could hear the teacher commenting on other’s homework, he was still reaching the front row. It was right before she totally left her body and flew to dreamland when the door was opened.

A sudden mumbled  surrounded the class but left her not interested. She was about to (really) flew to dreamland when the teacher’s step faded away and now she could hear him exhaling.

 

“you’re late and you can leave now” the teacher shortly stated.

 

Her soul came back to her body right before she raised her head. She gasped to find Dong Hyeob walked out the class.

 

“that kid, why doesn’t he just leave this school if he doesn’t want to study” the teacher mumbled.

In a second, Jamie took her book back from Kibum.

“you ain’t sleep?” Kibum was startled when Jamie took her book.

“no. not now.” She said shortly.

“aissh, don’t say-“ kibum hadn’t finished his sentence when Jamie kept her book.

She smiled at Kibum.

“don’t do it” Kibum pledged.

“sorry Kibum” she once again, smiled.

 

A girl sat next to Collin’s seat talked to her friend,

“you’ll become a junk if you get along with junk, don’t you know that phrase?” the girl smirked.

“it means that you’re a junk if you get along with junk, no doubt” the friend embraced her phrase.

They laughed and turned her head a bit at Jamie.

Kibum starred at the girl and Jamie for a while. He was confused.

 

The teacher came to Jamie when he saw nothing on her desk.

“Jamie?”

“sorry sir, I haven’t done my homework” she politely apologize.

The teacher lowered his head before began to talk.

“Jamie, why? You know that you should walk out of the class-“ he hadn’t finished his sentence when Jamie nodded.

“okay then, hope this will be your last” he shortly said.

 

She passed the girl’s seat and peeked at the girl’s book.

“you’ll get maximum of B minus with it” Jamie whispered at the girl.

The girl was shocked and mad at Jamie, she was about to chase Jamie when the teacher came at her and marked B-  for her homework. She was stunned.

Jamie left the class.

Kibum was checking Jamie’s homework when he found his self amazed with it. Her homework was nearly perfection. He compared hers with him, and he found that it might be marked A, just like him. he was even amazed to the fact that she kept it so that she could skip the class.

---

 

Jamie was sneaking to the rooftop right before a teacher walked by. She found Dong Hyeob just as she had expected before.

She  sat next to him.

“so you come, wow, so kind of you, guess you’re not that lazy” she laughed at him right before she plugged her earphones and closed her eyes.

Dong Hyeob turned his head at her.

“aiiiissh, really, aren’t us enough with sleepyhead Collin, and this-“ he hadn’t finished his sentence and hit Jamie’s head with his book lightly.

“damn you” Jamie woke up irritated. She was about to close her eyes again,

“don’t disturb me, I’ve stayed up all night for the homework, in case none of you’re coming” she warned Dong Hyeob.

“oh, yes, I can see that panda eyes that make you look even uglier” he starred at her closed eyes.

 

She stayed still with her earphones plugged. Dong Hyeob bitterly smiled.

He unplugged one of her earphone and plugged into his ears.

“can’t you stop robbing me, sir?” she moved a bit.

“aigoo, what kind of song is this, all spoken in English!” Dong Hyeob complained.

“pretend that you know what are they talking about, listen to the rhythm  and you’ll find yourself enjoying it.” she talked while her eyes were closed.

Dong Hyeob laid his back on the wall and listened to her music.

 

OHMYGOD! WHY SO CHEESY ALL OF SUDDEN. WEW, SORRY.

 

You’re aching, You’re breaking, and I can see the pain in your eyes, says everybody’s changing, and I don’t know why~  Everybody’s Changing- Keane (ps: woobin-jinhyuk’s bgm in RM eps 166)

Dong Hyeob was about to really fall asleep when he heard a weird sound distracted the music he was listening to.

He opened his eyes and turned his head at Jamie, he found her was now really enjoying her sleep. He unplugged the earphone and gasped in a second he found the sound was Jamie’s snore.

“God! This , now she even snores. Let’s see if she would drool after this.” Dong Hyeob plugged his earphone back and turned his back at her.

How can a girl like her sleeps like that, God! Dong Hyeob talked to himself.

---

 

Jamie was stretching up after an enough sleep when she found her hand had just slapped Dong Hyeob’s face accidentally.

“Oh My!” she pulled her hand back in a second. “Sorry-Sorry, I didn’t see you” she apologized.

“you seemed to be really exhausted, and have just finished your very comforting sleep?” Dong Hyeob reluctantly turned his head at her.

She laughed, “did it appear so obvious?” she asked him.

He nodded.

“Oh My! Am I drooling again?” she was checking up her face and smiled, “no. wow, my really first time not  drooling-“ she hadn’t finished her sentence when he laughed out loud.

“why? Why?” she was puzzled.

He shook his head.

“you didn’t sleep?” she asked him.

“how could I sleep if you kept snoring” He laughed even louder.

“oh, so I snored. I must be that exhausted to snore.” She shook her head.

“what? You’re not shamed with it?” Dong Hyeob stopped laughing and now was puzzled.

“why should I? isn’t that normal if you’re exhausted?” she asked him back.

“but,” he hadn’t finished his sentence when a voice was approaching.

 

“Who’s there?” sounded like one of the teacher’s voice.

Dong Hyeob and Jamie lowered their head behind the wall.

The voice was getting closer right before another voice was approaching. Both voice then were fading away.

Dong Hyeob and Jamie fell on their feet.

“what a relief!” Jamie exhaled.

 

Dong Hyeob ran to the door in a second and found it was locked already. He turned his head at Jamie. “it’s locked”

“what! Then how can we come back to the class?” Jamie was panic.

“class? You’re being so diligent all of sudden?” he bitterly smiled at her.

“just unlock it so we can out from here” she demanded.

 

Dong Hyeob was checking the door when Jamie texted Kibum.

 

“we should climb down the building if we want out from here” Dong Hyeob shortly explained.

“are you even sane now? Climb down this building?” Jamie’s eyes widened.

“you said you want to be out of here now, it will be the only choice then.” Dong Hyeob explained.

“why don’t we just knock on the door so that-“ she hadn’t finished her sentence when Dong Hyeob talked,

“so that the teachers will know that we usually hide here.” he shortly said.

Jamie exhaled.

“okay then, let’s try to climb down to the lower floor and find an opened window” Jamie walked away.

They reached the edge of the rooftop and looked down the building.

“it seems too high for us to climb down” Jamie mumbled.

“hope we can find an opened window  before we reach the first floor” Dong Hyeob shortly said.

In a second, Dong Hyeob started to climb down and stepped on the lower floor’s canopy.

Jamie was still stunned on the edge before Dong Hyeob reached out at her.

“come on, I’ll get you here” he assured Jamie.

Jamie looked at her skirt and moved her eyes to Dong Hyeob.

“close your eyes” she demanded.

Dong Hyeob was startled to hear her command before he got what she meant.

“but, how am I supposed to see where you are if I closed my eyes?” he asked Jamie.

“shut up and close your eyes, I’m enough with the ert Jong In.” she demanded harder.

“okay-okay, let’s go” Dong Hyeob closed his eyes right before she took his hand and jumped at him clumsily.

 

“ouch!” both of them fell on the canopy.

“ya! Can’t you do it right oh?” Jamie complained right before she stood up.

“ya! Isn’t it me who should ask you that, can’t you just jump gracefully oh?” Dong Hyeob raised his voice.

“okay, sorry, then?” Jamie looked down to the floor’s windows and none of them was opened.

“let’s climb down another floor” Dong Hyeob said shortly before he (again) jumped swiftly to the lower floor and reached for her hand again.

“no, I’ll do it my own way, just see” she called Kibum.

“help me open the 4th floor window, any window that you can open” she said shortly on the phone.

“thank you” she hang up the phone.

She smiled at Dong Hyeob.

Dong Hyeob bitterly smiled back at her.

 

“okay then, now your turn to help me up.” He demanded.

“here” she reached out her hand to him.

He was up in a second.

---

Jamie was walking with Kibum and Dong Hyeob when the girl Jamie teased this morning, Eun Shang, came from the opposite direction with her friends. They passed each other when Kibum accidentally dropped his paper. Eun Shang stepped on it and left Kibum starring at his messed paper. Dong Hyeob was about to call Eun Shang when Jamie called her first.

“YA! B MINUS!” Jamie shouted at Eun Shang with Shocked Kibum and Dong Hyeob behind her.

Eun Shang was stunned before turned her head at Jamie.

“who do you think you called B minus?” Eun Shang was approaching when Jamie threw a sarcastic look at her.

“apologize to him for stepping on his paper” Jamie sharply demanded.

 

Eun Shang starred at Kibum and his messed paper, then  she starred back at Jamie.

“wasn’t it your friend’s fault to drop his paper?” Eun Shang skeptically insisted.

“I said apologize to him” Jamie took a step forward with her blazing eyes at Eun Shang.

“why should I apologize to a fool like him” Eun Shang was getting even more skeptical.

“Jamie, let her-“ Kibum was about to hold Jamie back when Dong Hyeob pulled him back instead.

“you-deserve-an-apology-from-her” Dong Hyeob whispered at Kibum.

 

“should I make you apologize to him then?” Jamie now was right in front of Eun Shang.

“just apologize to him Eun Shang, don’t mess up with her” Eun Shang’s friend tried to hold her back.

“Ya! Jamie! let her do whatever she wants now. We can finish this after school” Dong Hyeob now tried to hold Jamie back.

“you should know that you’re just as appalling as your score, B MINUS!” Jamie turned her back at Eun Shang and left with Dong Hyeob and Kibum.

Eun Shang was kicking the empty space  when her friends took her away