CHAPTER 5 - troublemakers

A Gentleman's Dignity (Extended Version)

Kibum and Jamie were sitting on a bench. Both of them kept looking at their phone and the turning. Waited.

“God! Waiting drives me crazy.” Jamie mumbled.

Kibum stood up and sat again.

“it’s been an hour now” Jamie looked at her watch.

Kibum took a glance at his own watch.

“how long they’ve usually been like this?” Jamie asked Kibum.

“not more than an hour. An extra hours mean they may be in the police station right now” Kibum carefully stated.

“what?” Jamie gasped.

“okay-okay. let’s give them another 30 minutes before we go check for them” Kibum reassured her.

She nodded.

 

30 minutes later.

They arrived at the former space they had left them, but they found nothing. The crowd was completely gone. The street musician and his friends were gone, so were their friends.

“did they go for another place?” Jamie asked Kibum.

He shook his head.

Kibum found a girl he remembered to see when Collin played the guitar. He walked at her.

“em, sorry, did you see my friends? One of them whose played the guitar here.” Kibum gently asked her.

“oh, yes. The police took them with the street musicians after they happened to be fighting somewhere near here.” she awkwardly answered his question.

“holy .” Jamie mumbled.

“thank you.” Kibum thanked the girl, Jamie smiled at her before they left to the police station. 

---

 

They reached The Police station when Jamie’s phone rang.

“great! My brother’s calling.” She mumbled.

“hoh? Then? Would you tell him you’re in a police station right now?” Kibum asked her.

She shook her shoulder reluctantly.

They entered the building with her talking on the phone.

“I’ll be home in an hour.” She assured her brother.

“what’s wrong?” her brother asked on the phone.

“I’m fine. I’m still with my friends. It’s Friday nite, and tomorrow school’s off.” She stated hardly.

“if you’re fine, then, why you should go to the police station oh?” her brother startled her with his question.

She paused and looked around her.

“why? What’s wrong?” Kibum asked her when they found a seat to settle down.

She shook his head.

“where are you?” Jamie asked her brother.

“let’s go home before I get into the police station.” Her brother was getting harder.

“I can’t. I still have something to be done” she insisted.

“okay then. You make me to do this” he hung up the call.

She starred at Kibum, “I’ll surely die”.

“oh, why? They’re who now in trouble.” Kibum asked her cluelessly.

“my brother will come, and he’s even more troublesome than the police right now.” She hopelessly answered him.

Kibum was about to open his mouth when he stood up, Jamie turned her head and found Collin’s father and Seo Il Su Sonsaengnim were entering the building.

Kibum and Jamie greeted them in a second.

“oh, you must be Jamie.” Collin’s father greeted Jamie.

She smiled.

“are you both okay?” Seo Il Su asked Kibum and Jamie.

They nodded.

“they told us to wait” Kibum answered her.

“okay then you’d better stay here, I’ll talk to the police then, this kid.“ Collin’s father asked Seo Il Su to wait while he was talking to the officer.

“why didn’t you hold them back?” Seo Il Su asked Kibum and Jamie.

They remained in silence.

Kibum was about to answered when he saw an extremely good looking guy entered the building, he suddenly looked at Jamie right before Jamie stood up.

“saem, sorry, I think I need to talk with my brother-“ Jamie hadn’t finished her sentence when Seo Il Su turned her head at her brother.

“Oh, yes, no problem, go ahead. And, maybe I need to talk to him too” Seo Il Su said gently.

Jamie smiled before left them.

“who’s that?” Jamie’s brother asked her.

“my friend and my teacher” Jamie answered shortly.

“great then, I need to talk to your teacher.” Her brother gently smiled at Seo Il Su.

“what? Why?” Jamie insisted.

“because you’ve done a shame, again.” He answered shortly.

Jamie introduced her brother to Seo Il Su and Kibum before Seo Il Su and Jamie’s brother left them and talked at the corner.

 

It had been a while before Collin, Dong Hyeob, Jong In and Collin’s father came. Collin’s father startled to find Seo Il Su was talking to an extremely good looking guy.

“ya! What is she doing?” Collin’s father mumbled before Jamie stood up.

“ahjeossi, he’s my brother.” Jamie shortly explained the thing to him.

“oh, I see” Collin’s father calmed down.

Dong Hyeob and Jong In were amazed by Jamie’s brother.

“it’s been so long since the last time I saw him.” Collin gently talked to Jamie. Jamie smiled.

“but he’s still the same.” Jamie mumbled.

Collin’s father was curious yet suspicious.

“um, Jamie, Come to our house if you have time, you all are invited too.” Collin’s father asked Jamie and the others to come to their house.

“I’d be glad ahjeossi, thank you” Jamie smiled at Collin’s father.

 

Seo Il Su and Jamie’s brother were back when Collin’s father smiled at them.

“he’s Jamie’s older brother, Brian Lee. And this is my husband, Collin’s father, Kim Do Jin” Seo Il Su introduced both of them. Collin’s father and Brian greeted each other.

“sorry to burden you with my sister sir.” Brian bowed at Do Jin.

Jamie and Do Jin were both surprised.

“me?” Jamie mumbled.

“oh, no, not at all.” Do Jin assured Brian.

He smiled.

“do you mind if I take my sister home first sir?” Brian asked Dojin gently.

“oh, it’s okay. go on then. Sorry that they get your sister in trouble, it’s not her fault anyway.” Do Jin assured him again.

Brian bowed at them. Jamie bitterly smiled and bowed at Do Jin and Seo Il su before she left with his brother.

she waved her hand at her friends before she told them to call them as soon as she reached home.

“is her brother a hallyu star somehow?” Do Jin was asking when Collin laughed.

“Oh My God, I’d been talking to a hallyu star then, I should have asked his autograph.” Seo Il Su mumbled right before Do Jin sharply starred at her.

“it was the first time I saw her in such a frightened face. Is he the only person she’s afraid of?” Dong Hyeob asked Collin.

“short of” Collin answered shortly.

---

 

Jamie’s earphone was plugged when her brother kept talking. Somehow, Brian kept talking even though Jamie never said a word. 

They had passed many turnings, traffic lights, shops, and crowds in this Friday nite. Jamie was looking outside the car’s window and saw a girl was crying to her mom, she might want something that her mom didn’t let her to have. Jamie thought. What would Brian do if she did something like that? He would surely left her anyway.

She bitterly smiled.

Then now, if she cried to him to let her still with those bastards. Would he left her anyway? Or would he moved her to another school, another country (again) or another space if he could. She barely imagined it. she took a look at her brother, he was talking, didn’t know what he was talking about. He was focused on his driving he wouldn’t look at her.

Ah, this guy. Why isn’t he just be a hallyu star so he won’t have time to take care of me like this. I will surely be his number one fan, oh no, sasaeng. kekekekekeke

Jamie was talking to her self before her brother turned his head to shock her up.

He was talking AT HER now, but she barely heard his words before she unplugged her earphone.

“as I thought, you weren’t listening to me” he shortly talked.

“um, sorry, but, what were you talking about actually, suddenly I want to hear it, really” she assured him.

“no. I’m not talking to you yet. I was singing. It’s been a long time since the last time I heard some trot songs.” He said shortly.

Jamie was listening to the car’s audio.  It was Rokkugo. Then another trot songs she didn’t know, but had distracted her mind already.

Damn you Brian, your taste of music is still as bad as your snore. She cursed her brother.

“you won’t have any girlfriend if you still listening to these songs. You’ll get an ahjumma to interested at you.” Jamie reluctantly stated.

“oh, really? Trot isn’t cool nowadays? Only ahjummas who listen to it?” he hesitated.

“Don’t know. Don’t care. Then why don’t you have a try. Go to some Trot song audition and prove it yourself. I’ll be glad if you do it.” she bitterly smiled.

He lightly slapped her head.

“don’t you think your friends look like these trot singers huh?” he  . “and you are their MV’s model.” He wildly laughed.

Suddenly she thought of it. Those bastards were singing a trot song, wearing those sparkling yet eyes hurting colored suits, dancing like crazy, and she was appearing with the same sparkling yet eyes hurting colored dress.

“OH MY GOD! I SEE HELL!” she gasped.

Brian’s laughter was even louder now.

“so you’re not mad at me?” Jamie carefully asked him.

“oh? Why should I? you weren’t the one who fought.” He said shortly.

“was it Saem who told you not to be mad at me?” she asked again.

“No. she only said that she wanted to meet me again at School, and we made an appointment.” He explained.

“oh,” what a relief . she smiled at him.

---

Jamie was taking her shirt off when her phone beeped.

Collin : is everything okay?

Beep.

Dong Hyeob : are you okay?

Beep.

Kibum : is he mad at you?

Beep

Jong In : how’s your brother?

 

She had just put her pants on and laid on the bed holding her phone.

These kids, being kind to me, they must have been hit on the head. Jamie talked to herself.

Jamie : I’m all fine. He’s just chill out.  Read by 4

Jamie : are you guys were hit on your head? Reading your chat make me wanna throw up. Read by 4

Jong In : ya, shut up! It hurts so bad you know.

Kibum : Thanks God. My parents aren’t mad at me too.

Jamie : congratz our Kibum. Read by 4

Jong In : actually, I’m asking to ensure that your brother is mad at you, it will be the best healer for my pain now.

Jamie : Damn. Read by 4

Dong Hyeob : the first time I saw your frightening face, it was that funny to heal my pain either.

Collin : Good then.

Jamie : ya! Dong Hyeob, I’ll make you pay for enjoying it. Read by 4

Jamie : don’t throw up. I’m just asking. How’s your pain? Were they hurt that bad? Read by 4

Jong In : nothing.

Collin : get used to it. we’re just fine.

Dong Hyeob : I’ve just thrown up.

Jamie : you won’t be at school tomorrow oh? Read by 4

Dong Hyeob : why

Jamie : should I stay in the whole class? Great! Read by 4

Kibum : I’ll sit on Collin’s seat so we can talk.

Jamie : that’s so kind of you Kibum, but I’m not sure you want to talk to me. Read by 4

Collin : just sleep then.

Jamie : I will. Read by 4

Jamie : okay then. I’ll sign off. Good night. Read by 4