4

10 days

 

They’re laughing. What an interesting few-minutes-friendship they have and now they’re laughing. Unbelieveable.

 

“Interesting. Very interesting.” Kyungsoo took the spoon full with soup and shoved into his mouth. “Jongin, the way you talk about women, I don’t think you respect them.”

“Wrong. Absolutely wrong. Trust me, I respect women a lot. I keep them here, up.” Jongin raised his one hand up in the air.

Kyungsoo propped his head on his left palm. “That means you hang them in the air.”

“No, no. Up on the throne. But as I start getting to know them, the throne slowly starts coming down.”

“Yes, then it starts shaking, shivering. And then it falls down and turn into pieces. Right?” Kyungsoo smiles, testing Jongin with his words.

Jongin laughed.

“Right. Absolutely right.”

“You could break someone’s heart because of these pranks?”

He took a sip of his glass of wine and says. “Yes, many hearts have been broken. What can be done now?”

Kyungsoo’s smile slowly fades away.

“You’ve called me a friend, Jongin. So can I tell you something for the sake of friendship?” he paused.

Jongin shifted his gaze up and found Kyungsoo’s.

“You win people’s trust and then you break it. It is easy to win someone’s trust. It is even easier to break it. But it is difficult to keep that trust. A true man doesn’t breech trust, but insures its existence.” he paused again. “Don’t you think so? Mhhm?”

Jongin is lost for words. What Kyungsoo just have said was all true.

After a few seconds of silence, Kyungsoo said. “You didn’t answer my question, Jongin.”

Jongin blinks and looks away.

“We have talked a lot about me. Tell me something about yourself.” he smiles, trying to change the topic.

Kyungsoo chuckled.

“We will talk about me tomorrow.”

“Why tomorrow? We have the entire evening.”

“We also have the whole day tomorrow to do just that. Goodnight.”

Kyungsoo stands up and walks away.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good morning.” Jongin spoke.

“Morning.”

“How did you spend the night?”

“Nicely. After you stopped bothering me.”

 

Silence.

 

“Yes?” Kyungsoo asked.

“What?”

“Did you say something?”

“Nope. But I think you were about to say something about yourself.”

“Oh, but my story is not as interesting as yours.” he paused for a moments. “Well, I was 2 years old when my parents died in a car accident.”

Both of them walked slowly on the deck taking in the breeze cold air of the sea.

“I was raised in an orphanage in Ulsan. And when I grew up, I started teaching music and dance to the children there.” he looks away from Jongin and smiles. “One day, he came as a chief guest to one of our charity programmes.”

Jongin could see Kyungsoo showing his smile not using his mouth but his heart.

“Who is he? You’re talking about that person in the photo?”

“Yes. And after our programme, he proposed…”

“What? In the first meeting?” Jongin eyes widened.

“He proposed that we should open a music academy in Gyeonggi-do.”

“Oh, all right. Why you didn’t say that earlier.” Jongin coughs.

Rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo said. “You were the one who interrupted my words first.” he chuckles. “And I accepted. Then after a few days he proposed marriage. I even accepted that.” he paused. “ That’s it, Jongin. My life is now an open book.” he had his eyes glued on the floor.

Jongin walks closer to Kyungsoo, placing his hand lightly on Kyungsoo’s right shoulder and says. “Hey, that’s just one page.”

“Yes, Jongin. It’s a one paged book.” Kyungsoo looks up at Jongin, he smiles and looks away.

 

Silence.

 

“Hold it! Hold it! Statue. Smile!” a one fatty guy who looks kinda suits to call him an uncle already came with a camera digital on his hand.

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin froze. With Jongin’s hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, only a few inches distance separating Kyungsoo’s and Jongin’s face from touching.

 

Click!

Click! Click! Click!

 

Kyungsoo tilted his head towards Jongin’s ear a little. “Jongin, stop him.”

“Thank you!” the fatty guy said while smiling stupidly.

“Hi, fatty beauty.” Jongin said, patting the guy’s back with his hand, approaching him.

“Hi!”

“Your camera is very nice.” Jongin shoved the fatty guy slowly walking away from Kyungsoo.

“Yeah! It is imported. Made in Singapore! It costs me $500! It takes good pictures!” the fatty guy grinned, looking at his own camera.

“Oh really? Let me see.”

“Yes! Look! Look! Look!” the camera exchanged hands.

“All right. How does it open.”

“Oh, look here!” the fatty guy pointed at something on the camera.

“Like this?”

“Yes, like that!”

Jongin took out the memory card and the battery.

“Hey, there is nothing in it.” Jongin said, shaking the camera vigorously on his hand.

And then Jongin threw them into the sea.

“There is…hey! What are you doing! You’ve thrown the memory card and the battery!”

“Oh, I think I should have thrown the camera too.”

“Yes! I mean, what?! No!”

The camera followed after the memory card and the battery.

The fatty guy was all red and mad. “Yes, I know. I know why you’ve thrown my camera! So that people shouldn’t get to know that the two of you are having fun surreptitiously!” the fatty guy said while pointing his index finger at both Kyungsoo and Jongin. “But I will tell everyone about your four-day interlude!”

“Hey fool, watch it!” this time Jongin was the one pointed his index finger at the fatty mad guy.

“Don’t come forward!”

“Come on. Move it. Go away.” Jongin said, fanning his one hand in the air.

“I won’t spare you! I will defame you! I will tell the whole world!”

The fatty mad guy stomped his feet, walking away.

 

Kyungsoo’s face automatically changed after he heard what the fatty mad guy said. He started walking. Away from Jongin.

“Hey, Kyungsoo. Where are you going?”

“I have seen what happens when I’m with you.”

“But Kyungsoo, we’re just friends. Mr. Kim Jongin, even if you sit with a glass of milk at a bar, the world will think that you’re drinking a wine. That’s why i’ll go my way, and you go your way.”

“But Kyungsoo—”

“Jongin, please.”

 

And with that, Kyungsoo walks away leaving Jongin behind. Jongin turned around to see Kyungsoo walking away again from him, he sighed.

“Come on Kai, go your own way.” he said to himself.

He looks away, and something caught on his eyes.

A one pretty woman wearing with only a bikini standing alone at the side.

“Wow, I have found my path.”

He took out his shades, wears it and walks towards the said woman.

“Hi.” he said, trying to cover his voice so that he may sounds as macho as he could.

The woman looks surprised yet still very excited to see him approaching her. “Hi!”

“I just remembered a sonnet seeing you, pretty.” he said. “You beautiful, not because of your sparkling brown eyes. Your beautiful, not because of your flawless hair. Your beautiful, not because of the clothes you wear. Your beautiful, not because of what I tell you but just the way you are.” Jongin proudly said that loud till could reach Kyungsoo’s hearing.

 

Kyungsoo’s steps stopped.

Hey I think I’ve heard that somewhere else before….

Kyungsoo looks back and……

. It was him.

Kyungsoo laughs. And walks away.

 

“What did you think, pretty? By the way, I am known as Kai.”

The woman chuckles.

The woman lost for words. “I- I know that.”

“By the way, what are you doing in the evening?”

“Nothing.”

“Very good.”

“I’ve got something that you will enjoy.”

“Really?”

“Yes! I bet you will like it.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N : cuz of the urge to update was inviting. and exo comeback lmao i just died. sorry for this poop lol bye.