3

10 days

Kyungsoo was walking around alone, intention of wanting to see the slow rise was inviting. But suddenly he was getting stopped by two cute kids holding a large card board each one of them.

 

“I was wrong.”

“Forgive me, please.”

 

That were what the card boards said.

 

Kyungsoo sighed at the sight appeared suddenly in front of him. It was Kai.

“I am very sorry for what happened last night, Kyungsoo. Actually I—” he was about to continue his words but it was being cut off by Kyungsoo.

“Wait. Why are you telling me all this? I don’t want to talk to you. Okay.”

“Actually I got carried away because of the situation. And the torn on your tuxedo, I’m really sorry. That’s why I brought this new tuxedo for you.” Kai took out the tuxedo that he had wrapped nicely using a wrapper with extra soft pink ribbon on top them.

“Stop bothering me, please. And for your information, I don’t need any tuxedo.”

“Look, I will never bother you again if you take this tuxedo. I promise.”

Kyungsoo sighed while he looked away.

“Okay.” the tuxedo exchanged hands and that resulted Kai showing his wide grin.

“Then today evening at 7 o’clock in your room or mine?” Kai took out his shades and started to wear it.

“What?” Kyungsoo creased his brows together.

“Today evening at 7 o’clock in your room or mine?” he repeated his question without any guilt on his face.

Kyungsoo tried to act cool and wanted to play along with what Kai just invited him into.

“Oh, 7 o’clock in my room then.” Kyungsoo smirked.

Kai let out a laughed before he spoke, “You better believe that I’ll be there.” and then he smiled before he walked away.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Kai was searching for the room at where Kyungsoo stays. His hands were holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers specially bought it for Kyungsoo.

“21B…..21B….Oh, here it is.” his steps stopped at the door. Running his fingers in his hair before he took moments to knock on the door. He waited patiently for Kyungsoo to open the door for him.

It only took a few seconds for him waiting right before the door wide opened. He saw Kyungsoo right in front of his eyes looking great and handsome wearing tuxedo that he gave earlier that day.

“Your beautiful, not because of your sparkling brown eyes. Your beautiful, not because of your flawless hair. Your beautiful, not because of the clothes you wear. Your beautiful, not because of what I tell you but just the way you are.”

Without being told, Kai made himself walking into Kyungsoo’s cabin.

 

“Wow, you have recited a nice verse.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Thank you.”

“It seems you have told it to a lot of girls or maybe guys included too. And you have also been very successful with it, right?” Kyungsoo said sarcastically.

“What are you saying? I thought of a poem right now, just by looking at you.” he paused for a brief moment, taking Kyungsoo’s hand, gripping it hard and put it on his chest. “Swear on you.” he dropped a few kisses on Kyungsoo’s hand.

Kyungsoo’s mouth making an “O” shape while clearing his throat. He struggled to let go of his grip and after he managed, he turned around, walking away from Kai.

“It seems you are in a great hurry.” Kyungsoo said nervously.

While he was walking away slowly from Kai, Kai fastened his steps and quickly grabbed on Kyungsoo’s shoulder making the latter turned around facing him once again.

Holding hard on both of Kyungsoo’s shoulder, he said.  “What can I do, Kyungsoo? The ship is moving very fast. And time is moving faster than that. We shouldn’t waste a single moment.” he shoved Kyungsoo slowly, making the latter walking awkwardly backwards.

Kai couldn’t tear his gaze away from Kyungsoo. He studied the latter’s face very well, making Kyungsoo stuttered at his own words. “I—I uhm.”

Kai had cut himself off before he could even continue. “Come. Let us merge within each other.” he moved closer towards Kyungsoo, eyes still locked looking straight into Kyungsoo’s eyes.

He moved closer and closer, while closing his eyes shut, their noses touched with each other. As soon as Kai was about to land his plump pink lips on Kyungsoo’s, the latter blocked it with a magazine that he doesn’t even aware when did he took the thing.

Kai opened his eyes, surprised when Kyungsoo pointed his index finger towards something. He shifted his eyes at the way where Kyungsoo pointed before, and found a rectangular woody frame standing neatly on the bedside table. There was a picture of two people standing next to each other, smiling winsomely while both of their hands rested lightly on each other’s shoulders.

It was Kyungsoo with someone. And that someone is a guy.

 

He shifted his eyes back to Kyungsoo and asked. “Elder brother?” he guessed.

Kyungsoo smiled at Kai before he chuckled. He shook his head.

“Father?” Kai tried to guess again.

“No.” Kyungsoo chuckled again.

“Uncle.” another try.

“Absolutely not.” he burst out laughing for a moment, gasping for air before he spoke. “My future husband.”

Kai’s smiles dropped.

“Is he alive?”

Rolling his eyes, he proudly spoke.  “He is alive and also healthy. And if he sees you in such a condition—” Kyungsoo looked up and down at Kai (which Kai was still at his position on Kyungsoo), “—it may be fatal for your health.”

Kai looked down at where he is currently at. He stood up from Kyungsoo, fixing his crumpled tuxedo before he walked towards the bedside table and took the frame out.

Kai looked at the picture intensely for a few moments. He shifted his gaze from the picture to Kyungsoo, then went back to the picture. “I’m sorry but it seems like it isn’t a good fit.”

His brows creased while he spoke, “Hey.” he pointed his finger at Kai, giving him a warning.

“Well, this is my opinion.”

Kyungsoo snatched the frame from Kai, walking towards the bedside table. “Keep your opinion to yourself.” he said before he put the frame back at where it was standing before. “Everyone seems to think that it’s a perfect fit. Do you understand?”

Kai rubbed his hand at the back of his neck while stuffing his other hand in the pocket. “I have nearly understood.” he paused. “Have you ever cheated? A small mistake maybe? It took three or days—” he continued when Kyungsoo didn’t answer him. “—or maybe three or four hours.”

“No. I haven’t. And I have no intentions to either.” Kyungsoo replied. Harshly.

“Alright. Typical korean guy.” he murmured to himself.

“Yes? What did you say?” Kyungsoo frowned.

“No, no. I wanted to say that I am very happy to meet an honourable korean guy like you. Goodnight.” he said almost sounded sarcastically before walking away.

Kyungsoo crossed his hands while he spoke, “Where are you going? We were about to spend the entire night together.” he smirked.

“I was thought so but suddenly I remembered my mother. And I want to sit in front of her picture and cry.” Kai grinned idiotically, trying to find excuses.

Kyungsoo tsked. “Was it your mother or your grandma?” he rolled his eyes.

“What did you say?” Kai’s face turned serious.

“I said, so sad.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes again. “Come, I will see you to the door.”

“No, no. It’s okay. I will manage.”

“How can that be? It is the duty of every host to see their guest till the door.” he chuckled. “Come. Come.”

Kyungsoo opened the door, waiting for Kai to make his steps.

As Kai walking out from his cabin through the door, he said. “Okay, good night. Sleep tight.”

Before Kai could even continue his words, a thud was heard as he realised Kyungsoo had already closed the door shut.

Kai sighed. “You got into a no entry zone. Come on Kai, take a U-turn.” he said to himself.

 

He really did the U-turn though, but only to find the earlier kids sitting on the floor looking at him boredly.

One of them took out a large card board saying,

 

“Sorry for the break, try your luck elsewhere.”

 

Then another kid took out his,

 

“Your game plan is not going to work here.”

 

He laughed at the words, before Kyungsoo opened the door back again. He found Kyungsoo stood there, behind him smiling.

“Did you get hurt? Is your small ego wounded, Mr. Kim Jongin?” he said.

Kai chuckled, eyes looking straight at Kyungsoo. “Oh, no no. I enjoyed it in fact. For the first time I had met someone equal to me.” Kyungsoo smiled at Kai, proud at his words being thrown to him.

“Shall I tell you one thing?”

Kyungsoo replied him with a hummed.

“Can we at least be friends?”

“Hm?”

“I mean to say that, no hanky-panky. No pranks. Only hundred per cent pure friendship.”

“Pure friendship?”

“I swear on all the pretty ladies and hot guys.” Kai said while raising his hand.

Both Kyungsoo and Kai laughed.

“Agreed?” he took out his hand for a handshake, waiting for Kyungsoo to receive it.

“Agreed.” Kyungsoo received it and he spoke. “Friend, I am very hungry. Will you treat me to dinner?”

“Why not? My pleasure.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

"By the way, call me Jongin instead." and then both of them made their way to the restaurant.