Chapter 5

Family ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The breath on the back of his neck should have warned him, but he was still in his dream land thinking about a certain blond. The blankets being removed from his body and the figure laying flush against him should have all been clear indicators that something was off.

            “Donghae, my little pet~ there’s work to be done.” Heechul purred as he was lying on top of the younger boy. “Don’t make me get you dressed... I could have some fun with that you know.”

            “mhhhg.” mumbled Donghae. He started to wiggle and move around trying to get rid of the fatigue he had accumulated while sleeping. “Can’t we take a break today hyung?” Donghae asked with his morning voice.  Heechul looked at his dongsaeng and chuckled.

            “Who do you think you’re? You little punk, trying to sass me as I woke you up politely and then you go and ask if you can have a day off.” Heechul said without any fight in his voice. Donghae cracked open his eye and looked up at his hyung who was staring intensely back. “We have work to do, and actually there’s a field trip involved! Isn’t that fun? “Heechul said as he started getting off Donghae so the younger could get up and ready.

            “What the hell are you talking about hyung? Why do we have to go on a field trip? Asked Donghae as he was getting up from the chaotic mess on the bed. He moved over to the dusty set of drawers, grabbed the handle of the third shelf and removed from it a decently cleaned shirt, he turned and smelled it as he looked at his hyung with curiosity in his eyes. The only hint that he got from the stare was mischief. “Why are you staring at me like that? Get out ert!” Donghae said and pushed Heechul out of the room while he finished dressing. “I hope we do something fun, Heechul doesn’t usually wake me up when there’s field work that he could handle himself. Donghae shrugged and glanced in the partially cracked mirror that stood vertically against the wall, he sighed at his reflection, the bags under his eyes were getting worse and he looked like he was aging.

            “Hyung, I know I’ve asked this before but how did you end up talking in such a weird way?” asked Donghae as they headed out of the shabby building they called their home. The breeze of the autumn winds had them zipping their coats as they headed down the busy streets of the city, they were heading to their local café, it served as a place to relax but also a place where they could take time and devise a plan about the upcoming “fieldtrip”.

            Heechul glanced at Donghae who was somewhat trudging beside him, he felt guilty because he knew that if he told Donghae why he spoke differently, it would make the poor kid cry and make him feel weak and pathetic, unfortunately that’s what drunken and abusive parents make you feel like anyway. He felt anger towards them, not because of the way they treated him but because he couldn’t tell his favourite dongsaeng the truth about his life without the other crying and feeling sorry and mad. He didn’t want the other to feel anything about his past because it was the past and that’s all it will ever be. Heechul thought. “You know, I won’t ever tell you, if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter