chapter 6

Family ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae was reclining in his favourite chair watching the news channel with disinterest, they were going on about how a vehicle had crashed into a jewelry store. Hyukjae flipped the TV off and looked around at his room. The walls were a soft beige colour that had many pictures and clippings on them, the pictures and clippings reminded Hyukjae of his success at completing missions. Each of the clippings and pictures told a different story, a different mission, and a different challenge. The pictures wrapped around his room, they started to dissipate as they got closer to his computer. The only thing stopping them from going to his computer is that there was another wall filled with clippings and pictures as well but they were for missions that were still ongoing. He glanced at his computer it was filled with various files and programs. They had to make sure that nobody knew what they were up to and constantly used his computer to do checks on people, they used it as the main computer for spying as well.

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in.” called Hyukjae, he slowly rose to his feet as the door opened. Hyukjae moved to his bed and quickly made it so that he would have somewhere to sit while the other man dressed in his black dress clothes took the chair. Hyukjae finished making his bed and sat down, waiting for the other to speak. It was always like this, the waiting game. Hyukjae liked to think that he had gotten quite patient as the other had started doing, eyeing the walls each time they met, and observing Hyukjae while he was preparing to speak.

“Doesn’t look like you’ve added any more clippings to your walls Hyukjae.” The man said. He leaned against the chair waiting for the other to respond, it was a test to see if the other would take the bait or not.

“We haven’t moved forward with any of our plans, so why would I be putting more clippings up?” Hyukjae countered, the other man smirked. Hyukjae had answered correctly.

“You might’ve put the clippings up, hoping to advance the conundrums we’ve been having with several of our enterprises…But enough of that, I came to see about the report.” The man said, flashing his gums as he was genuinely interested in what Hyukjae had done during his absence.

“Well, shall I tell you the long version or the short version?” Hyukjae said.

“How about we save time, and you can just tell me the short version today. You will have to make a detailed account later of all the information but you already know that. So with that said, will you begin your story.” The former replied. Hyukjae resettled his position on the bed and got comfortable because even the short version was mildly long. He cracked his knu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter