Sneaky

Goodbye Summer

"Hey hyung!" Jungshin shouted as the boys from the basketball club were making their way to the bathroom to shower.

It's the last basketball practice before the start of summer break. The senior classes were advised by the school to stop all their co-curricular activities as college entrance examinations were approaching. The school wanted all their students to do well. Many seniors were given warning by their teachers to stop their co-curricular activities, especially Yonghwa.

With all due respect, Yonghwa isn't a stupid student. He is bright even though he doesn't ace his tests, he manages to pass decently with the minimum effort he puts into studying. He rather use his time playing basketball with his peers or strumming on his guitar instead of studying.

"Hey. What's up?" Yonghwa replied coldly.

"Well...you know, I just found out we were not the only ones that were given those warnings. The girls from the dance club got it too. The school's banning their practices by taking away the keys to the dance room! The school says it's because they were dancing too much and forgoing their schoolwork." Jungshin was busy spilling out what he just found out from Jessica.

"That's good to know. But where are the girls practicing today? They don't have their rooms anymore right?"

"Eyyyy.... Hyung!!! I didn't know you were this erted! You want to hide in a corner at wherever they are practicing and watch the girls dance right?" Jungshin teased. "I thought only Jonghyun hyung likes to do that!"

"Yah! Watch your mouth! I'm just curious because you said they don't have their dance rooms anymore!"

"Okay I'll tell you! Let's go see them after shower! Let's go hyung palli!"

All Yonghwa could think of inside his mind was Seohyun. She injured her toes a few days ago, would she still attend practice? Should he go and look at her while she is practicing?

She always look so studious with her uniform and books, he wonder how she would look like when she's dancing. He showered faster than usual curious how Seohyun would look like dancing and anticipating to see her out of her usual smart look.

When he was done, Jungshin was still inside the cubicle. He was impatient but managed to comb his hair neatly so that he looks presentable.

The two boys walked out of the bathroom at the sports building into the main school building and saw the girls dancing to Tell Me Your Wish (소원을 말해봐). The song that was popular at that time.

Oh god....

The both of them couldn't peel their eyes off the girls while they were dancing. 

Even though they were only students, their moves were crazy. They were good if not better than those girl groups all boys would ogle at when they turn on their TVs. 

Then he found the girl he was looking for, Seohyun. She was still practicing with the rest of the girls despite the injury on the feet. If not for the fact that he knew she was injured a few days back he would have thought she was perfectly fine.

The girls were tired too. They had to clear the dance practice rooms and move their equipment to a temporary storeroom, it was a long day they didn't want to skip practice.

So the boys got some drinks and sat a corner. Watching their mini performance that the girls were putting up and sipping their iced coke (One of Yonghwa's favourite beverage). 

When Taeyeon stopped the practice, all the girls went to grab some drinks and sat on the benches in the canteen. Seohyun was glued to her Unnies. 

"Hey guys, let's call it a day today. Everyone's tired already right? Let's finish our drinks and head back home!" Taeyeon said to the group of girls.

"Oh yay! Let's grab some food too. I'm starving." shouted Sooyoung, the tallest girl in the group.

"I want some chocolate bars!" Sunny commented.

As they were walking towards the vending machines, Jessica spotted her classmates.

"Eh Jung Yong! Why are you always stalking my friends and I!" shouted Jessica.

"Yah! Can you stop assuming things? I'm just hear with Jungshin to grab a drink."

"As if! You're a stalker! Always following me around!"

"What is this all about? Oh hi Yonghwa, Jungshin! Did you see us practice? How do you think we did?" Sunny asked.

"Ah ne... We saw you girls practicing. You girls are really good." Jungshin replied meekly. He was not sure if he should admit that he was actually ogling at the girls while they were practicing.

Just then Seohyun and Hyoyeon came into sight with their arms intertwined.

"See I knew you two were stalking me!"

"Sica Unnie, what are you doing?"

"Nah it's nothing. Let's grab some food!"

Just when the girls were busy grabbing some food for themselves, the other boys from the basketball team came and joined the two boys at the canteen.

"Hyung! Why didn't you wait for us!" Minhyuk shouted when he saw Yonghwa and Jungshin sitting at the corner of the canteen. "Oh hi Seohyun! You have practice today too?" He asked when he almost knocked into her.

"Yes, we have our practice today. It's our last practice before summer break!" Seohyun replied, holding a few bottles of can drinks that her unnies have chosen.

"Ah I see! We just finished washing up! It's our last practice today before the break too. Care to join us for some drinks?" asked the boy with his signature eye smile and used his chin to point to where his friends are.

"Hmm...I don't think..."

"Oh Minhyuk! You just ended practice too? Let's grab a drink together!" said Sunny while pulling Minhyuk's arm.

Sunny was pretty well known in school. The most obvious reason was because she's the niece of Principal Lee, so everyone respected her. Minhyuk was in the same overseas exchange progrmamme in Japan with Sunny a few months back hence they knew each other well.

"Let's get our friends together. We should get them to know each other! The basketball team and dance club! Sounds really exciting right?" beamed Sunny. 

As expected of Sunny, she managed to get the girls and boys gathered around 2 tables in the canteen. And somehow Yonghwa and Seohyun were seated at the same table.

The other girls and boys were chatting animatedly. Some of them just got to know each other and some were classmates or knew each other in school.

But...Seohyun and Yonghwa were quiet.

Even before she sat down on the table, she knew that Yonghwa was there. She kept wondering if he had saw her dancing or not.

Who is he here to see? Sica Unnie? Taeyeon Unnnie?

He on the other hand was feeling really self conscious. He was always confident around girls. But in front of Seohyun, he couldn't even say a proper sentence or utter a word without carefully thinking about what he should say.

"Hmm..are you feeling better already?" he started asking shyly.

"You mean my injury? Ah ne..it's better already." She hoped she could be less shy like her Unnies. 

Arghhhh...why is she always so awkward around guys? Especially in front of Jung Yonghwa!

"I'm glad it's better. Actually I saw you all practicing earlier and.." Yonghwa replied. But stopped after he realized that he might be labelled as a stalker.

Oh god, Yonghwa thought. Why mouth why? Can't you stop blabbering nonsense!

On the other hand Seohyun was feeling really shy.

"Does that mean that he was watching her dance?" thought Seohyun. Eyyyy...that's not possible. He must be crushing on one of her unnies!

"Ah ne. You were watching us earlier?" she asked politely.

"Yeah." Yonghwa answered feeling embarrassed.

"OKAY GUYS! Enough small talks! I have invited the boys to watch our performance at the mall during the summer break!" shouted Sunny.

Minhyuk and the other guys from the basketball team were the ones to agree with the arrangements. Who could regret Sunny and the rest of the dance team?

Just then Seohyun's phone vibrated.

"Hey sweetheart, Daddy can't pick you up in school today. I'm having a meeting that will end late. Please take care on your way home!" 

It was Seohyun's father. Just like Yonghwa's parents, her parents would take turns to send her home from school. She was by no means pampered but rather, her parents feel that sending her home was what they could do to spend more time with her amidst of their busy schedule. 

"Oh Seohyun, your dad's here to send you home already?" Jessica asked when she saw Seohyun holding on to her phone.

"Aniyo. My appa just texted me to tell me that he will be having a meeting tonight."

"Hmmm...I was still thinking of getting a free ride home! It had been such a long day today." Jessica replied.

"I'm sorry unnie. I guess we have to wait for the bus together later."

"Hm...actually I will be having tuition later. My mum is picking me up. Do you girls want a lift?" asked Yonghwa cheekily, while looking at the two girls.

"Oh no it's alri-" Seohyun was cut off even before she could finish her sentence. 

"Yay! That's my fellow Jung! Thank Yonghwa! Now I don't need to squeeze in the bus with other people!" cheered Jessica.

Author's note: 

Sorry if this chapter is boring and short. :( I'm done with school this Friday! I promise I'll update soon! Still in time here at my part of the world for Yongseo's 4th year! #OnlyHappyThings4Yongseo :)