Clumsiness

Goodbye Summer

It was a sunny afternoon, Seohyun was in the library picking up books to read for herself to read during her free time. It's a habit of hers to go to the library at least once a week to borrow some books home to read and today was no exception.

She was in the fiction section browsing through the tall bookshelves. Well, usually Seohyun will be in the self help section browsing through her self help books. 

"It's good for ourselves. We learn about the world that we don't know about when we read books from that genre. People our age don't usually know such things!" That's her usual reply whenever the girls from the dance club call her boring for reading such books.

But today was different. Seohyun wanted to read books that her friends recommended her. Well...let's just say the books that she felt comfortable reading because "Fifty Shades of Grey" which the other girls  recommended strongly is not to her taste at all.

 

Just then a group of guys just entered the library. What were they here for? To be honest...they were just there for the air conditioning.

The group of boys from the basketball team in school just ended their practice and of course they have all showered to avoid smelling sweaty and gross. The leader suggested for the group of them to stay back in school for awhile more to 'chill' because there won't be practice for a whole month after today as the all students need to prepare for their upcoming examinations.

So there they were in the library.

From the moment they stepped into the library many girls lost interest in what they were doing. The girls that were there to gossip stopped chattering and the other girls that were studying in the library were just blatantly staring at the boys.

The boys settled down at a corner filled with sofas and tables meant for students who were having group discussions. 

 

"Hyung! Why are we here? Why can't we go to the cafe next to school?" Jungshin whined.

"That's right hyung, the cafe would be a better place to chill as compared to the library." Minhyuk whispered softly, afraid of being caught in the library for talking too loudly.

"Yah you two! Stop complaining will you! We are going to have our exams soon! Shouldn't you all be worried?" Yonghwa chided.

Of course we all know that the mighty Jung Yong Hwa doesn't like studying. To be fair, his results weren't atrocious. It was only average. He wasn't the study type, he prefers sports and playing his guitar whenever he has free time.

Studying? Reading? 

Those were not really his thing. In his group of friends, Minhyuk was probably the one with the best results but...his results weren't all that fantastic either.

 

"Hyung stop bluffing. You're here to enjoy the air con right?" Jonghyun said.

"Please am I that kind of person?" he replied.

The three other boys looked at each other and shared the same look.

 

"Ah! I found it! Finally!" Seohyun cheered for herself. 

She spent 15 whole minutes trying to find the last book her Unnies recommended her. In total there were 4 romance books. Seohyun pray that those books were good as they were really heavy. 

She was supposed to meet Jessica in the library to borrow some books together. But Jessica was late as usual.

 

Jessica walked into the library and saw her classmates at a corner and walked towards them.

"What are you guys doing here? Don't tell me you're here to revise for the examinations because you all don't even have your notes or textbooks with you." Jessica asked.

"I don't know. Ask Yonghwa hyung. He was the one that dragged all of us here." Jungshin replied.

"You don't need to know!" replied Yonghwa while looking around.

 

All of a sudden there was a loud noise that came from the direction where all the shelves were.

Yonghwa and the boys all looked at each other and walked towards the shelves while Jessica followed slowly behind.

 

"Ouch..."

Somehow while trying to reach for the last book, Seohyun accidentally hit onto the books on the shelf and she fell as she lost her balance. The books that fell landed on her toes which caused her to be in pain.

When Yonghwa and the boys reached her side, she was wincing in pain. Not one but three heavy books fell and hit her toes.

"Seohyun! Are you alright?" Minhyuk asked.

 

Wait what? Minhyuk knows her? How come Minhyuk didn't mentioned her to the group of friends before? How did they got to know each other? Are they close? 

Without knowing, Yonghwa was jealous of Minhyuk. How come he got to know such a pretty girl. What more the girl of his dreams. He will have to get to the bottom of this soon!

 

"Ah...ne I'm alright!" 

She looked up and saw a group of boys in front of her. Yes...and this reminded her so much of the F4 from boys over flowers except she's not Jandi. 

"Why am I so clumsy! Now all of them are staring at me. They. It's be thinking that I'm such an idiot for dropping the books and for hurting myself. Seohyun ah neomu pabo yah!" she was mentally scolding herself for being an embarrassment.

Minhyuk and Yonghwa walked to her side to see if she was injured. 

"Can you walk?" Yonghwa asked.

 

"Yah what's going on? Oh my god! Seohyun! Are you okay?" Jessica's voice was heard even before Seohyun could answer Yonghwa's question.

"Ne Unnie, I'm okay. I just lost my balance and accidentally dropped  the books from the shelves onto my toes." she replied calmly.

"Really? Can you stand up?"

Seohyun tried standing up and held onto the shelves.

"Are you really okay Seohyun?" Minhyuk asked.

"Ah I think so."

"Seohyun I think we need to see the school nurse to make sure you didn't break your toes! Let's go to the nurse now!" Jessica commented.

Seohyun nodded her head and started limping. Jessica held on to her shoulders and walked together with her.

 

"Gomawoyo Minhyuk and your friends for helping me. Tell Aunty that I said hi too!" Seohyun turned back and said to Minhyuk.

What Aunty? This is getting more and more confusing. So Minhyuk and Seohyun were close? How come he didn't know anything about it? 

"Ne I'll tell her. You take care of yourself!" 

Seohyun smiled to Minhyuk and his friends and turned back limping away to the sick bay to look for the nurse. 

However when she smiled at Yonghwa she realised that he look a little distant unlike the Yonghwa that she bumped into in the lift the other day.

 

Twenty minutes later, Seohyun and Jessica were done at the sick bay. The nurse had put on some cream and plasters on Seohyun's toes that were injured to make sure that they don't swell too much.

"Yah pabo! You should have waited for me to come before searching for the books! Look what happened! How are you going for dance practice tomorrow!" 

"Unnie...I'm sorry. Please don't be mad! I'll still go to practice tomorrow! Actually I think it's perfectly fine for me to dance tomorrow too. I won't skip practice I promise!"

"Are you crazy? I'm not asking you to go for practice! I'm just saying that you should be more careful and not be so clumsy."

 

In front of the school gate, Yonghwa and his group of  friends were bidding each other goodbye. Jonghyun and Jungshin were leaving home first because they had dinner at home. Minhyuk and Yonghwa were just hanging around in school when Yonghwa was waiting for his dad to pick him up from school. 

 

"You know her?" Yonghwa asked.

"What are you talking about hyung? Know who?"

"That girl just now, Seohyun."

"Oh hyung you know her too?"

"Ya... sort of. You still haven't answered my question. You know her? Are you two close?"

"Yes I know her. Close? I don't know. Our mothers know each other. We were from the same music school when we were in elementary school. So yea I guess you can call us friends? Why are you asking me about her out of the blue?"

"Ah ni... I'm just curious. Yeah I'm just curious that's all."

"I see. She's a really cute girl! And she's smart too. I heard she's from the first freshman class! Her results are awesome. And she's talented too."

"Yeah I know. She looks cute." Yonghwa commented while smiling to himself.

"Hyung! Are you by any chance smitten by her?"

"Yah this punk! What are you talking about! I only said she's cute!"

"Hyung don't be shy! If you want to know her better I can introduce her to you!" Minhyuk teased.

"I don't need your help! Besides, she already knows me. I saw her in the lift when I was on my way for tuition." he was feeling smug because he already got the chance to talk to her in the lift a few days ago.

"Well okay. Tell me if you need any help then. Oh look your Dad is here. Bye hyung see you next week." Minhyuk said. 

 

Ah...Jung Yong Hwa. You have already fallen for Seohyun right?

 

Author's Note:

Yay finally done with this chapter. So...Yonghwa has fallen for Seohyun! ^^

Already the third chapter and not much interation for the two main characters, I'm really sorry readers! :(

Please bear with me! They will have more interactions in the next chapters I promise!

Thank you to those who have subscribed and left comments! I say it a lot but it really means a lot to me. I'm only a new writer so I really didn't expect people to like and read my stories to THANK YOU ALL *hugs*. ^^

Leave a comment and subcribe if you like the story. :)