Coincidence

Goodbye Summer

She would be lying if she said that Yonghwa had no effect on her. 

Let's all face it, Yonghwa is not Yonghwa for nothing. He is well known in school she have to acknowledge.

He was also charming and polite to teachers in school, unlike most boys who were always making fun of teachers by calling them names. All in all, Yonghwa was a good person in her books. 


However she never thought she would be attracted to him as much as she is now. 

Somehow after she caught him looking at her and herself looking at him, she found that she kinda like him.

But then, she would deny it if anybody ask her about it because...it's THE Jung Yong Hwa we are talking talking about. She would also reason to herself that she was only attracted to his looks and all those were superficial, right?




"Ah! Wait up!" a boyish voice broke her away from her reverie.

She was in her lift in her apartment complex, heading towards the fourth level where her place was located.

She looked up to find the source of the voice and was shocked at who she saw.

"Oh!" Yonghwa blurted out.

"Crap...what did I just do? She doesn't even know me." Yonghwa thought to himself.

"Ah... Ne?" that was the only reply that she could come up with. She was mentally chiding herself for not being able to come up with a better reply.

"Ahh...you were the girl at the basketball court right? I saw you that day. Do you live here?"

Yonghwa wanted to dig a hole and bury himself in it. Why on earth was her asking a girl if she lived in the apartment building when she's obviously going home, now she's gonna think that he's some kind of creepy stalker.

"Ne... Do you live here too?" 

"No I don't live here. I'm having tuition here in one of the apartments here." Yonghwa smiled while replying her question.

"Ah ne. Hmmm... Which level are you going to?" She asked awkwardly.

"Same level as you!"

Wow, what a pleasant coincidence!

After that whole incident at the basketball court, Yonghwa went around snooping and trying to find out which class she belongs to.

He found out that she belonged to the freshman class. He also learnt that she had a lot of suitors, but she always shrugged it off saying that she didn't like them or that they were just her friends. 

Why surprised him most what that everyone he asked told him that she never had a boyfriend before. That was a weird thought, because why would such a pretty girl be single and for the record had absolutely no boyfriends before. 

The class that she belonged to was the first class meant for all the elites in school. Thinking about it made his head hurt and his ego was affected too. Not only was she pretty, she has the brains too. 

*ding*

They reached the fourth level. 

Yonghwa was thinking of standing inside the lift first and letting the girl out first but he realized that she was not moving at all. He turned back a little and noticed that she was looking on the floor.

"We're here." Yonghwa announced. 

"Ah ne." her voice was soft.

None of them moved. Seohyun was waiting for Yonghwa to move out of the lift first because he was standing nearer to the doors but Yonghwa was waiting for her to get out first.

It was a habit of Yonghwa to take good care of girls, for example, holding the lift for them and letting them exit first like now, opening the doors for them, letting them walk inside of the sidewalk. Those were little habits that he picked up from his parents' interaction. In short, he was raised to be a gentleman.

"You should exit the lift first. A guy should wait for the girl to exit first." he said out loud.

Seohyun was embarrassed. It was the first time a guy said something like that to her and she wouldn't deny, she felt good. Someone as popular as Yonghwa was actually holding the elevator doors for her! 

Slowly, she walked out of the elevator and Yonghwa followed. 

"Thank you Sunbaenim" her feminine voice sounded really sweet in his ears. 

"You're welcomed. Bye! See you around in school, Seohyun." he flashed a smile at her.

"Ne, see you Sunbaenim." and she smiled too.

They slowly parted as the apartment that as their destinations were in different directions.


 

"Wow! If I had knew earlier, I would be even more hardworking and come to have more tuitions!" he thought.

Now he knew where she stays. That thought excites him more and all he could think of was how to create more chances to bump into her again in school and outside school.

He was not able to pay attention to his tutor that day, because all he could think of was Seohyun, Seohyun and more Seohyun. 

"How about creating more chances for himself to bump into her coincidentally again?"

 

 

Author’s Note:

I’m sorry if this story is not up to standard, this is my very first time writing something like that! I am not an experienced writer so I hope you all can bear with me :)

Do leave a comment to let me know what you think about my writing. Comments good or bad are all welcomed.

Last but not least, thank you for taking out time to read this! ^^