Four: Sugar and salt

Thirty days

"YOU WHAT?!" Aunt Kim raged in anger, her eyes burned with fury. 

"I..i" Sulli's voice came out like a whimper, her hands fumbled on the edges of her uniform. She tried to think of a valid reason to explain, but as expected, nothing. 

"Enough!! Get out of my house now, GET OUT!" 

Sulli pleaded for a second chance, but she was in no luck. She even resorted to kneeling down and beg for forgiveness but her aunt showed no mercy. 

From the corner of her eye, Sulli could see Miyoung smirking. Miyoung was more than pleased to have Sulli out of the house. Money wasn't a problem in the Kim's family, they only forced Sulli to do all the labour for the sake of it. They never liked her from the start. 

Sulli could only wish for the sky not to cry, she would be at her wits end if it did. The cold wind sliced through her delicate skin as she roamed around only to have a small luggage to accompany her. Sulli could feel tears swelling up in her eyes once again, she didn't want to cry for she knew this was all brought upon herself. Theres nobody she can blame.

Unfamiliar with the roads, Sulli was lost. She spotted a little play ground from her spot and decided that it shall be her shelter for the night. Suddenly remembering she still had the umbrella from the stranger with her, she sat down on one of the steps and took it out.

Sulli started scanning the umbrella, it was simple yet sophisticated. It was pale green on the outside and rose coloured on the inside. She the edges of the umbrella carefully, "Will i see him again? I should return this to him the next time we meet..but when will the day come.." Sulli thought aloud. 

Her eyes were getting heavy, all she needed was a good night rest, she has to restore her batteries for her life battle tomorrow. Using her luggage as a pillow, Sulli positioned herself comfortable and hugged the umbrella. With a loud sigh, she drifted of in a deep sleep. She didn't mind sleeping by the playground, considering she had to use a store room the size of a matchbox at her  aunt's made the cold hard ground seem like a soft warm carpet. 

-

It was half past midnight when they've reached Taemin's mansion. He glanced over only to find Hyesung sound asleep. She was so mesmerizing and stunningly beautiful, the way she sleeps resemble an angel. Taemin could not stop himself from staring her, let alone waking her up. 

Taemin removed Hyesung's seat belt and very carefully lifted her off the seat, as if handling a fragile glass from the box. He carried her bridal style in to the hallway and placed her on a huge king sized bed in one of the guest rooms. Taemin had done it easily for Hyesung was as light as a feather.

But the minute Hyesung's head touched hit the bed, her eyes fluttered open.

"Oh Taemin ah, when did we get here?" She looked at her surroundings while rubbing her eyes.

"Barely a few minutes ago, you looked so peaceful sleeping and i didn't want to wake you up. So i carried you here" Taemin emphasized on the word carry.

"You didn't have to..you could ju-" Before she Hyesung could finish, Taemin interrupted 

"Noona! Did you gain weight? You are SO heavy!" He announced cheekily. "Ahh my back hurts, i thought i was carrying a cow." Taemin made a face and pretended to groan in pain.

"Why you.. little!" She threw herself on Taemin and they started a mini war. It was all fun and giggles until Hyesung lost her balance and almost fell of the bed. Lucky for her, Taemin reacted quick enough and caught her just in time. Her cheek brushed against his, if they were any closer, they would've kissed.  

Taemin's face grew serious, the smile he had a few seconds ago was complete wiped off. "Noona you should be careful, you know how precious those beautiful pair of legs are to you and your parents, not to mention your fans. Do you know what could happen if you break them?! This accident could cost you your dreams and career!" He was on the verge of tears

The tension was too much for him to handle. Taemin took a deep breath and placed Hyesung on the bed. 

"I'm sorry Taemin ah.. I -" Hyesung whispered.

"No, you don't have to be. I should be the one apologizing. Sorry for being so harsh on you, i mean, i was so worried that i couldn't control myself." He said apologetically, not turning around.

Hyesung understood Taemin, she knew it was for her own good. A pair of legs are the most important possession to any ballerina. She was thankful that Taemin cared so much for her, it made her feel protected. 

In the past, he would listen to everything she says. He wouldn't even think of rejecting her requests and give way to her in everything. When they were kids, while playing hide-and-seek, he would always pretend to hide in an open space and let her find him. He would always let her win at any game. When they were teenagers, he would always pack lunch boxes made by himself and give it to her during break time at school. She still regrets that she did not made it through high school with him, maybe everything now would be a whole different story. 

Taemin is always nice to her, by her side and appreciate her for who she is. It was the first time he exploded like this towards her, she liked it. Hyesung decided she shouldn't treat him like a child anymore, she wanted to view Taemin more than just a younger brother starting from now.

"Its getting late, i'm sure you're tired from sitting in a plane for hours. Take a bath and go to sleep." Taemin smiled and gestured her to go prepare for bed. "The bathroom is over there and i will instruct a servant to bring in your clothes in a minute"

Hyesung stared a Taemin, not moving an inch.

"Well? Get moving, come on noona ~" He pulled Hyesung easily of the bed. "I'm not leaving till i hear the showers"

Hyesung embraced Taemin tightly all of a sudden. He stiffened in his position as he did not expect the hug at all. But soon accepted it as he wrapped his hands around her slim waist. 

"Taemin ah, lets stay in this position for awhile." She said as she rested her head on his shoulder. He wanted so much to caress her face and kiss her cherry lips but he knew it would spoil the whole relationship between them. Somehow, he managed to fight his temptation and remain in that hug.

"Thank you for everything" He hear her say as he the back of her long, silky hair.

-

After making sure Hyesung was tucked in bed and off to dreamland, Taemin quietly left the room. He himself was dead beat from all the excitement today. The house felt so empty without his parents around, they're all somewhere around the globe doing some business for the super market and attending meetings. 

Before hitting the hay, he wanted to take a stroll around the park near his mansion and reminisce the childhood times where him and Hyesung used to play and hang out all the time. 

Taemin grabbed his coat make his way to the playground. As he gets nearer to his destination, he spotted a lady lying on the highest steps, clutching onto her stomach due to the chilly wind.  

So its a young girl, she seems familiar, he thought. Taemin scoots closer to get a better view of her face.

"How come i feel like i've seen this face before?" He rub his temple while he wreak his brain. It was not long before Taemin realize it was the girl he almost ran over earlier. 

"Yah, what are you doing here?!" He harshly nudge Sulli awake. "Didn't i told you to go home? Get up, this place is my property."

"Appa.. Is that you?" He heard her mumble 

-

 

Please, do comment :-) Alrighty

2 9/8/10'