A Cold Winter

Cursed With A Blessing

"Tae Hyun~" Nabi whispered in an attempted to wake up her son. Tae Hyun slowly opened his eyes, rubbing them and hugged him mom.

 

"Morning mommy~" Tae Hyun said half asleep.

 

"Wake up my little prince, go get ready." Nabi told him as he quickly got off his bed and went to the bathroom. Nabi fixed his bed and went downstairs to prepare breakfast. Once she was done, Tae Hyun ran down all dressed.

 

"Tae Hyun? What are you wearing?" Nabi laughed as hi coordination was wrong. "Come here~" she said with a smile as she took him back into the room. Nabi picked out a shirt that matched well with his favorite pair of jeans. "There." She said fixing his hair a bit.

 

"Thanks mommy" Tae Hyun said as he kissed his mom.

 

"Come on, lets eat." Nabi said as they went down to have breakfast. As they ate, Nabi joked around with her son before they headed to the park, just as they had planned the weekend before. "You ready for the park?" Nabi smiled as Tae Hyun jumped up and down in excitement. Tae Hyun stood by he door as Nabi got their coats ready. She quickly put on hers and got Tae Hyun cozy in his winter coat. 

 

Once they were done, they walked down the busy street holding hands and into the park. The park was five minutes away from their home, so they often visited on Saturdays which was her free day. 

 

Tae Hyun ran around in the snow and played around after hearing his mothers request to stay where she could see him. Nabi sat at the bench, taking pictures, watching him grow. After minutes of watching him play, she placed her camera in her bag and played around with him. Tae Hyun threw snow in excitement and played tag with Nabi for hours, not running out of energy.

 

"Tae Hyun, how about we play hide and seek" Nabi asked, trying to take a rest from round around. Tae Hyun gladly agreed and went to hide while she counted. "Alright, 1...2..." Nabi counted as Tae Hyun ran to his hiding spot. "3...4...5..." She continued, peeping her eyes open to make sure he hasn't gone too far. "6...7..." Nabi nearly finished when Tae Hyun ran into someone, falling to the ground.

 

"Hey little dude~ you alright?" He asked as he picked up Tae Hyun into his arms, dusting him off.

 

"I'm alright, thank you." Tae Hyun said respectful, since the man was an adult.

 

"Where are you supposed to be?" The man asked, lolling around to see if anyone resembled a family.

 

"Shh, I'm supposed to be hiding!" Tae Hyun said, quickly getting along with him. At that moment, Nabi notices Tae Hyun in his arms and becomes alarmed. As she walked towards him, she saw them giggling and joking around.

 

"I'm sorry, we were playing hide and seek~" she explained as she bowed, taking Tae Hyun off his arms.

 

"It's alright, he's very polite." He praised Tae Hyun as he ruffled his hair.

 

"That's because mommy teaches me well!" Tae Hyun said truthfully as the mans gaze quickly became confused, wondering how someone so young could have a kid. Nabi smiled at Tae Hyun, but realized the affect of Tae Hyuns truthfulness had on the man.

 

"Mommy, can we play with ajeossi!" Tae Hyun said as Nabi put him down on his feet.

 

Nabi glared at Tae Hyun but shifted her attention to the ajeossi, who didn't look much older than her. "Only if he wants to." Nabi gave in, wanting to take this chance to relax but didn't know if she could trust him.

 

"I'm sure the guys won't mind." He said as he kneeled down to look at Tae Hyun. "What do you want to play?" He asked him. Tae Hyun rubbed his imaginay beard for a few seconds making the guy smile.

 

"Tag!" Tae Hyun said a he ran a way. The guy laughed to himself before running after him, purposely slowing down so that he let Tae Hyun win. Nabi smiled as she watched a grown man become a kid in just three seconds.

 

"He's so sweet~" she said to himself as he sat down next to an elderly on the bench.

 

"Your husband is so great with his son~" the elderly woman said in a sweet voice, catching Nabi by surprise

 

"Oh no, he's not..." Nabi tried to explain, bowing at the elderly who interrupted her explanation.

 

"I remember when my husband and I had our first child~" she continued, reminiscing in the past.

 

"No, we're not married." Nabi sweetly said, not realizing how vague her explanation was.

 

"Oh~" she said taking Nabi's hand in hers. "He's a keeper~" she whispered before being taken away by her husband. "You'll thank me later" she waved at Nabi, taking her husbands hand as they walked down the path.

 

Nabi froze as she couldn't believe the conversation she just had with the elderly woman. "I don't even know the guy.." Nabi mumbled to herself.

 

"What guy?" He asked holding onto Tae Hyuns small hand as he walked towards her direction, startling her.

 

"No one~" Nabi lied, cursing herself for thinking out lout. She took Tae Hyuns hand and bowed at him again. "Thanks for spending time with him." She said.

 

"No problem! I'm Kyung Soo by the way, D.O for short~" He introduced himself. Giving her a warm smile.