Cursed With A Blessing

Cursed With A Blessing

Lee Na Bi came home after a long day at work. Being the owner of her fathers restaurant/chef gives her enough time to spend with Tae Hyun. He was her life, the reason why she lived each day. As she made her way to the kitchen, she prepares dinner, his favorite: kimchi stew, bowl of rice, and a glass of homemade apple juice. Tae Hyun enjoyed her food, after all, he shared her love of food, even at such a young age.

 

  "Umma!" Tae Hyun yelled as he ran towards his mother.

 

 "How's my little prince?" She smiled as bend down to hug her son.

 

"Umma~I'm hungry." Tae Hyun whined as he pulled on her skirt.

 

"I know, Umma's almost done. Won't you help mommy set up the table?" She said as she gave him a kiss before he ran off, setting up the table. Nabi smiled as she watched her two year old son set up the table. With the money she saved, she was able to decorate her home to fit his needs but he was growing fast, becoming more mature each day. The food was done and Nabi began to serve two bowls of rice and the side dishes.

 

"Umma! I'm done!" Tae Hyun said as he pulled her by her arm, showing her the already set up table.

 

"Alright, take your bowl of rice. But be careful okay?" Nabi said as she took her bowl and the stew to the table.

 

"Nae umma~ I'm a big boy now, I can do it" Tae Hyun said as he held onto his bowl with both hands. Nabi smiled, and went back to the get the rest. As they ate, she listened to him rant about his day in school and how he helped this girl who was called ugly.

 

"And and and he said 'you ugly' so I told him I said 'my mommy says every girl is beautiful and they should be treated like princesses" Tae Hyun explained as he pointed his finger to his glass of juice pretending he was telling the little kid off again.

 

"Really! I'm so proud of you!"  She said as she leaned over, kissing his forehead.

 

Once they were done eating, Nabi and Tae Hyun  cleaned up and washed the dishes together. "Umma, can I watch some tv please?" Tae Hyun asked as they dried the last of the dishes.

 

"Yes, but after that its night night okay?" She said as Tae Hyun ran to the living room. Nabi went to her office, that enabled her to watch Tae Hyun, so she could get some work done. Her restaurant was preparing for an expansion and she needed to finalize any last minute works before continuing on with the plan. As she worked, she occasionally stole glances at Tae Hyun when she saw he was asleep. Nabi got up and organized her finished paperwork into her folders and picked up Tae Hyun. She went up to his room and tucked him in kissing him on the forehead. Once she was done, she took a shower and jumped into bed. As she laid there, her thoughts trailed off finally putting her into a deep sleep.

 

Nabi walked home late after school, finishing up some work she missed after attending her grandmothers funeral. Her brother worked late tonight, so she sought out to walk home alone. As she walked through the busy streets of Seoul, Nabi took a shortcut that left her in front of her brothers apartment. "Hey there, you seem lonely tonight" a drunkard said after spotting Nabi. Nabi continued to walk, remembering her brother always told her to keep a pen in her hand for emergencies. As her feet speed up, she felt the man catch up to her an pushed her against the wall. Nabi, defending herself, went to stab the guy with her pen when he caught her hand midway slapping her. "You think these little tricks will save you?" he snarled as he watched Nabi fall on the ground, dropping her books. The guy kneeled down, leaning his face closer to hers as Nabi spit in his face. He rubbed his face clean and chuckled "You shouldn’t have done that." he said as he began to tug and pull at her uniform. Nabi struggled as much as she could, but the man was much stronger. As he hovered over her, pulling at her clothing, Nabi attempted to call her brother when the man took her phone and threw it forgetting to hang up, but close enough for whoever was on the other line to hear. Nabi cried as her body was violently possessed by the drunkard, feeling her life was no longer hers. "Hello, Hello? Nabi?..." her Brother said through the phone as he heard the cries. After a long moment of hearing cries and struggling noises, Her brother realizes she's in danger. Nabi laid helplessly on the cold floor as the man grew tired of her struggling and pulled out a knife. He held it pressed against her stomach, threatening to scar her as he roughly engulfed himself in her. Through her muffled cries, no one came to aid and Nabi's 18 year old life will never be the same as the drunkard pulled out after he's been fully pleased. "That’s a good girl~" he whispered in her ear, as fixed his pants, walking off leaving no trace behind. Nabi laid in pain, fully exposed for the next person to see. As she laid on the cold concrete floor, moments passed by, feeling like years when brother shows up, regret spread all over his face. "I'm so sorry Nabi-ah"