FOUR

CHESS

 

            I wonder what is inside the envelope. Curiously, I open the envelope with my shivering fingers and read the letter inside. “My Love” was written at the tope left corner of the page. So it is for me but why have he prepared it? As curiosity grows more and more, I continue to read the letter.

 

   My Love,

By the time you are reading this letter mean I am dead already. I am so sorry for leaving you alone in this complex world but I have to. I couldn’t help but love you so much and tried so hard to become your husband although I already known this outcome. I think it is rational for me to end my life because of you and in your hand.

In fact, I really hated your dad. My whole family life was messed up because of him. Yep, because of him my older sister (his employee) lost her ity and hanged herself. My mum was killed by that depression and lastly my dad spent all his life in jail for the reason he set your house on fire with the help from me, as you may already know. Although I wasn’t sent to jail, I end up my teenage life in youth detention center for 5 years. To be honest our (me and my dad) strategy was only to kill your dad as a revenge for my mum and sister. We actually thought that he was alone in that house as we assumed his wife and his children were visiting somewhere else, just to find out in the next day that not only your dad but also your mum and your little sister were killed in fire. The good thing in the worse is you weren’t there although we didn’t know where you were. My dad did looked for you (a young teenage girl) just to give you a helping hand and say sorry that’s what all he could do at that time, however the law didn’t give a chance to do so.

1 year ago when I first met you in that evening party, I couldn’t tell if that is love but I hadn't been able to stop thinking about you since that day. I can still remember you looked simply gorgeous, wearing that red dress. Your long, soft and shiny brown hair lying on your gentle shoulders, I couldn’t stay without fallen in love with that. You know what? Even the sliver foot chain you were wearing on your right foot was attracted me at that time.

Later when we met again and had a chance to become closer to you was my longing wish. 5 months ago, did you know how happy I was when you reply me that you love me as well on my proposal to you? Though it didn’t last long; I found out that you are form Bae family and it was a nightmare for me. I decided to marry you although I already guessed that your approach to me must have a plan. I do have to admit that it’s all because of LOVE why I couldn’t let you go away from me until my last breath.

My love, now you win this game … with the help of love.

                                                                                                                        Your love,

                                                                                                            Kim Myungsoo.

 

···· ·