the intricacies of gift-giving

[EDITING] The Intricacies of Gift-Giving
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little sad, is all. Much like a child who’d just been told by her parents that Santa isn’t real.

"Damn it, Soojung!" Krystal cursed before a tear could even escape from the corner of her eye as she made it in time into a safe space which was their room. "You're not gonna cry, okay? This is such a stupid thing to cry about!”

She freaked out a little when she side-glanced and found the bedroom door still slightly ajar. She doesn’t want him to know that it kinda upset her. In fact, Krystal doesn’t even want to be upset. She nudged the door closed, carefully, so as to not give him an even worse idea that she’s mad. She wasn't. She shouldn't be. Because she knew that it kind of was her fault anyway, for not appreciating Chanyeol’s gifts in the past, the way they should have been appreciated. She usually even scolded him for spending too much on unnecessary things. There certainly was no logical reason why she should want him to give her one of those grand or extravagant presents again that day.

Briefly, Krystal intellectualized the situation and the need to move on and be mature about it. With a sigh and in a more hushed tone, “You get to be with him on your birthday, and that's all that effing matters." Krystal concluded her self- pep talk.

"Ugh. And just why the am I being all sensitive now, anyway? What’s wrong with me?" Krystal wondered as she aimlessly scanned an array of titles available. “Maybe I’m pregnant. Hah!” She laughed at the ridiculous idea, brushing it off completely, before grabbing a handful of random DVDs at the rack and leaving the room. “Nah.”

 

Chanyeol, bugged out of his wits, was only halted from repeatedly pacing back and forth in the living room when Soojung finally reappeared, bearing a couple of DVD cases. She scoffed amusedly when she noticed how she broke the tension Chanyeol had within himself because he practically shrieked and jumped a little in shock upon noticing her return.

Chanyeol only crossed his arms and cleared his throat at that, silently wishing he could undo the moment of utter unmanliness. He immediately turned serious as she came close and gracefully set the Blue-rays down the table beside him. He kept quiet as she watched her carefully, and he couldn't help but notice that despite her calm facial expression and the absence of fury or sadness in it, her mood fell a little.

Chanyeol sighed quietly.

"Oh, you didn't set the home theater up yet?" Her voice brought him back to his senses and before he knew it, Krystal was already squatted in front of the DVD player, plugging it in. Chanyeol bit his lip, and casted his gaze downwards, realizing today’s mishap number two as he stood there, feeling useless. The pile of tapes brought out by Krystal made him double-take though, and just like that, his attention was diverted to something else, only putting off his general dilemma. Just then, he found yet another concern. He shook his head when he discovered that the selection was comprised entirely of chick flicks.

Princess Diaries part one and two? Pretty Woman? Mean Girls? When In Rome, He's Just Not That Into You, Killers, As Good As It Ge-

"Chanyeol, could you get the snacks plea-"

"Krystal!" Chanyeol's pretty forehead made a little frown and Krystal turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter