General, Semi-AU, and AU

A Guide to Tumblr KRP

Chapter Vocabulary

General - this universe; the Muse is an Idol, and may be approached as one
Semi-AU - may be this universe or an alternate one; the Muse may or may not be an Idol
AU - alternate universe; the Muse is not an Idol and may not be approached as one

 

Now that you've got a Muse, you're ready to choose their universe! Is your Muse an Idol, the same as the ones we see on stage? Did they used to be an Idol, or maybe they're looking to become one? Is your Muse something totally different than the Idol that portrays them? Do they have a different name, or are they supernatural? These are all things to consider when deciding on a universe.

Your universe will point other roleplayers in the right direction when looking to roleplay with you. If you are a General (or Idol) roleplayer, you may be approached by other roleplayers (General, Semi-AU, and AU alike!) looking to speak with the Idol you are playing as. Remember to keep close to how the actual Idol may act. Semi-AU and AU are similar in that sense. Let's have a look at that, shall we?

Try answering these questions about your Muse to help you choose the right universe:

 

  • - Is your Muse an Idol? You may be General!
  • - Did your Muse used to be an Idol, until something in their past stopped them? You may be Semi-AU!
  • - Does your Muse aspire to be an Idol? You may be Semi-AU!
  • - Is your Muse an Idol, with a second life on the side? Is being an Idol not all they do? You may be Semi-AU!
  • - Is your Muse very different from the actual Idol you're playing? Do they do something other than make music, act, or something to entertain? You may be AU!
  • - Is your Muse supernatural? Can they do things that people normally can't? You may be AU!

 

Of course, every Muse is different, so the above are only guidelines to get you thinking. You can be whatever you want to be, but take into account what other roleplayers will think when they see your universe.