Chasing Time with a Thousand Dreams

Shuffling stirred me from the darkness of sleep. As the senses in my body came back to me, my eyes fluttered open, taking a few seconds to adjust to the light. Pain struck through my left arm as I tried to move causing me to wince in pain and shut my eyes once more. What the hell? I thought.

More shuffling and mumbling distracted me from my pain and I finally looked up into the bright blue eyes of a little boy. Upon his eyes meeting mine, he gasped and scrambled away – looking absolutely petrified... of me?

Using my good arm, I pushed myself into more of a sitting position and glanced at the young boy once again. He stared at me with scared eyes before carefully speaking.

“Y-you’re awake...” I looked at him in confusion and then scanned my surroundings. Opposed to the dark night I last remembered, there was warm sunshine beaming down on green grass and the once bare trees were flourishing with rich, very much alive, leaves.

“Where am I?” I asked panicked, completely ignoring his statement. He looked at me as if I had just said the most dumbest thing ever.

“What do you mean where are you? You’re on Crescent Island, of course.” Crescent Island? How did I end up in a place that, I’m pretty sure, doesn’t exist? I wondered.

“What is this place though? It certainly doesn’t seem... normal.” I finished reluctantly, not sure if I would offend the poor boy who looked no older than ten. But to my surprise, he laughed instead.

“Well of course it’s not normal... it’s the magical jungle, what did you expect?” He said, grinning at me like a Cheshire cat. Actually, looking at him closer... I noticed that he had almost cat like features, his canine teeth were slightly pointed, and he had faint lines that represented whiskers on his face. Strange, I thought. He interrupted my trail of thoughts by standing up and looking behind him. From the angle I was looking at him from, it seemed like he was sniffing the air... again, like a cat.

He spun around with an excited look on his face and bounced up and down on the spot, his eyes shining as bright as ever.

“Hyungs have finished dinner! Come on, you should eat too!” He shouted enthusiastically before grabbing my good arm and pulling me off of the ground before I even had the chance to answer. He ran surprisingly fast, jolting my bad arm slightly, making the pain worse but soon enough we came to a sudden halt.

Gripping onto my arm and panting, I looked up to gaze at what I thought was the most amazing thing ever. Right in front of me, stood the most enormous and beautiful tree house. I stared in wonder at the piece of structure in front of me, my jaw dropped in disbelief.

“Come on!” The boy ushered as he ran up the first set of stairs, leading to a seemingly open door. I hesitated before following him but my curiosity got the better of me and I soon found myself following him into the large house. As I entered I was met with the eyes of fourteen other boys, who all froze in their place upon seeing me. That is, until someone finally spoke up and broke the silence.

“Uhh... Muel, who is that?”

I know I said you'd find out the OC's name in this chapter but it just worked out like it did, sorry! You will definitely find out in the next chapter! Please feel free to comment and subscribe! ^^