Chasing Time with a Thousand Dreams

The boy asking the question looked at me curiously as he took a step forward. Do I look like some kind of foreign animal or something? The little boy, who I now knew as Muel looked up from stuffing his face and halted his chewing, looking between the two of us. He simply shrugged his shoulders as he said casually;

"I don't know, I found her asleep in the forest.' he stopped and thought for a minute, sniffing the air once more before looking at me again. 'She doesn't smell like us. There's something... different about her." I stared at them all dumbfounded as they all sniffed the air too, confusion written accross their faces as their eyes widened and they looked it each other in confirmation of... something? I'm different? Don't they know that I'm standing right here and can hear them!? Rude much!

The one who originally asked the question stepped forward again, getting a closer look at me. I moved back slightly trying to leave a large gap between myself and the strange boy. I examined him myself as he did the same to me. He had ashy-black hair that covered his forehead, it wasn't straight nor curely, ruffled is probably the best word to use. His eyes were captivating; hazel brown almost black pupils that bored into me as his vision switched from focusing on one of my eyes to the other. And his lips, slightly parted, were full and thick. He was definitely good looking in my own eyes.

Seemingly done with his observing for... whatever the heck he was looking for, he stepped back and said in shock something I was expecting.

"Human."

...

They all looked at me with that look of fascination again. This was beyond ridiculous.

"Of course I'm human! What else would I be? A dog! A cat!?" I shouted in frustration, flailing my arms about, not caring how stupid I may or may not have looked.

They all shrunk back in fear, surprised by my outburst. Even Muel had dropped his food and ran to hide behind one of the taller boys. The same one who had 'analysed' me was standing in front of the rest protectively with his arms spread like an eagle. He spoke carefully as to not 'provoke' me.

"You're not in the land of humans right now..."

Short update, I'm sorry! I just REALLY wanted to update and tell you that I am now on holiday and am free to update whenever~ *cheers* hopefully you'll be seeing more updates from me over the next two/three weeks. I will do my best to update as often as possible!

But for now~ enjoy! ^^