Stolen and Replaced 4: Even Eternity Ends

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Notes: If you didn't see the update in the foreword page or in the previous chapter, here it is again :) I've edited the main title of this fic and changed it to Files of The Dead because I've decided to post all the cases/short chaptered stories in a single thread. This is so you wouldn't have a hard time backtracking/reading the older cases should the need arise.

Rest assured, the chapters will all be labeled properly with the appropriate titles

 

 

As it got deeper and deeper into the night, windows, curtains and doors remained closed in Honey’s Bed and Breakfast.

Seohyun had woken three hours after the séance and it was only after she had herself checked by Kris and she had waved off the well-meaning but slightly annoying twins that she declared herself ready to help Heechul and Jessica with the cleansing rituals in the other places they hadn’t gone to, save for the backyard. As it were, the two priestesses and the shaman were dispersed all around Honey’s Bed and Breakfast; the trio having rejected multiple offers for other members to come with them, much to Kyuhyun and Changmin’s displeasure.

Before they left, it was decided that Heechul, being the eldest and most senior, was going to be the one to exorcise Eunseo.

Sooyoung had woken up much more quickly than the priestess did, having only been out cold for half an hour or so. She had the painful task of recalling each and every exact detail of her latest vision; Amber scribbling them down on her notepad before she tore off the page and handed it to Kris, who had been monitoring the backyard since then.

“Here.” Kris’s firm, serious tone snapped everyone left in the base out of their individual activities and they all huddled around the monitors; their eyes following the direction he was pointing at on one of the screens. “I’m pretty sure this was where Eunseo pushed Honey.”

Sooyoung blanched as the vision played itself once more in her mind. “That’s the place.” She whispered.

“Are you sure?” Changmin asked.

She nodded. “I’m sure.”

“Kris, zoom in one the area and try to get a glimpse of the ground beneath.” Kyuhyun waited while Kris worked his way with the cameras; the desired view soon coming into sight. “There we have it. That’s where she died.”

Amber shuddered. “I feel so sorry for her.”

“It’s almost midnight.” Yunho said after a quick glance at his watch. “You guys should get going.”

“Right.” Changmin rose from his seat; a concerned look soon sent to his childhood friend. “Sooyoung, are you sure?”

Sooyoung merely nodded again. “I have to be there.”

Yunho, Amber and Yoona stood off to the side as those coming for the exorcism got ready; Kris giving last minute instructions to Amber before he completely left the care of the equipment to them. Unusually so, Changmin and Kyuhyun kept their mouths shut; both twins paying close attention to Sooyoung as she reassured both Yoona and Yunho that she would be fine, rolling her eyes at the raven haired man when he still seemed unconvinced of the necessity of her being there.

Yoona sighed as Kris, Sooyoung, Changmin and Kyuhyun headed for the door. “Be safe, guys.”

They nodded and waved goodbye; Kris holding the door open for Sooyoung and the twins. Once they were in the empty hallway, Changmin gave the next set of instructions. Kris was to wait by the sliding door that led to the spacious backyard while the other three went to collect Heechul, Seohyun and Jessica. A short, quick game of rock, paper, scissors, much to the mild annoyance and even greater amusement of Kris, determined who was getting who. With reminders of keeping safe sent from Kris, the four dispersed to different parts of the bed and breakfast. Kyuhyun headed off to the indoor parking area to get Heechul, Changmin went to the storage room where Jessica was and Sooyoung was on her way to the laundry room to collect Seohyun.

Sooyoung let out a shaky breath of relief, grateful that Changmin and Kyuhyun had allowed to keep the lights throughout the building. She was lucky, too, that the laundry room wasn’t that far, just a hallway away. The faster that she was able to get Seohyun, provided the younger female was done with her ritual, the faster they could get to the backyard and end the case.

She had barely entered the hallway of the laundry room when she felt another vision coming.

`~`~`~`~`~`

Sooyoung found herself standing under an old, large tree in the backyard. The air was cold and it made her shiver violently, but not as much as the loud, and painfully familiar scream that reached her ears did.

She whipped her head towards the direction the direction of the scream and a horrified look made its way to her face.

The scream was hers.

Sooyoung could only watch in horror as her other self fell off the same cliff Honey was pushed from. It all seemed like it happened in slow motion. No one else was around. It was just her. It was liked she was pushed off by some invisible force.

Her other self fell to the bottom with a terrifying thud.

`~`~`~`~`~`

A sharp gasp escaped as she leaned heavily against the wall, regaining her bearings as she barely kept herself up on her feet. Her hand flew up to to stifle the sob that threatened to escape. Realization dawned in, slowly and painfully. The visions she had so far all happened in reality, whether in the past or the future; the latter she was able to avoid in her desire to save Jessica. This latest vision meant something, she knew, and it broke her in two.

She was going to die, just like Honey.

Gingerly getting up on her feet, she waited until she was somehow steady before she began walking again. Would she be able to tell everyone what she saw? Would she be able to say goodbye? Would she be able to stop it from happening? But stopping it from happening might mean that someone else would get hurt. Sooyoung shook her head. That simply couldn’t be. Not if she could help it.

Finally reaching the laundry room, she took in a deep breath to calm down her nerves. She had a job to finish and if making sure that the team succeeded was the last thing she’d ever do before she died, she was going to make sure it happened. Reaching a closed fist up, she gently knocked on the door, introducing herself when Seohyun cautiously asked who it was, adding that it was time to meet up in the backyard.

Sooyoung stepped back as the door swung open; Seohyun appearing in the doorway. The younger woman frowned at the sight of her pale friend. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I am.” She flashed her the best smile she could muster. “I’m just nervous, I guess.”

“Don’t worry.” Seohyun reached a hand out to hold one of hers, wincing slightly when the latter w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter