Ch. 1

The Arcade

Later on in the story

One minute I was taking lead of the group, then, within a split second, the ground completely vanished beneath my feat. This was it, it was the end. I closed my eyes to prepare for the long trip down to my death when I felt a tug on my shirt. I opened my eyes and just to my luck, my shirt had gotten caught on a chunk of rock sticking out of the ledge. I was so relieved yet so terrified at the same time, I was too afraid to move in fear that the rock would give in and I'd begin to fall again. I began to hear shreiks and gasps from above as the whole group began to sink in what had just happened. The sounds of footsteps became clear as they all rushed to the ledge.

"Guys! Do you see her!? She's just there!"

"How far down do you think she is?" I didn't even know this myself...

"Probably a good 15 or 20 feet down I reckon!" I heard somebody yell. It's not what I was hoping for but I guess it could be worse...

"So who's going down there to get her?" After that question, it fell completely silent. I was hanging for a while, waiting for somebody to be a man and save me from my peril like the damsel in distress i had become. My ears perked up when someone finally said something. 

"I'll do it."

Present Day|| Minahs POV

"Yah! Eunji hurry up we're going to be late for school!" I yelled as I banged on the window to my friends room.

Sitting outside my friends window impatiently, constantly looking at my watch till my friend came out through the front door, I rolled my eyes at her when she finally came out through her front door.

"Could you have taken any longer..?" I said with a scoff.

"Sorry Minah... I was so close to reaching the next level in spaceoids! If it wasn't for that demon spacecraft I would have beat my new high score..." Eunji replied, balling up her hands into a fist.

"Calm down hulk, lets just go quickly, we don't want to be any later than we already are."

The two of us walked to school and suffered through yet another boring day in prison.

[During Lunch]

"Ick. Is this food even real!?" Eunji declared, probably loud enough for the entire school to hear. I just laughed and nodded with agreement. Apparently it was supposed to be bulgogi but its more like chopped up raw meat chunks than a 5 star cuisine that we were promised. This cooking makes me want to grow up to be a better person, future job: lunch lady. I will be the best lunch lady Korea has ever seen. 

A group of boys sat at the table right next to us and began talking obnoxiously loud. I could tell Eunji was about to say something by the constant glances she gave to them, but they were too engrossed in their conversation to notice the death glares. Eunji finally had enough and stood up out of her seat but instantly stopped whatever she was about to say because the boys then mentioned the old arcade down Olympic avenue. Eunji sat down and eased dropped in on their conversation closley.

"Yeah they're finally reopening the place! It's going to be such a hit, we should go there tomorrow bro."

"Seriously? But didn't like a bunch a kids get murdered there years ago...?"

"Nah, it was just a rumor, to get the business booming but instead that's what lead to it closing down."

"That's lame. If it was just a rumor it should've been kept open, my dad says that place was the hang out spot when he was younger, he claims that the murdered were real since some of the kids he went to school with dissapeared!"

By this time, Eunji had been drowning in her own drool. I had to nudge her to snap out of the daze she was in.

"MINAH! DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS!? I can finally visit the arcade my parents met at, I can live in video game central! PARADISE HAS BEEN REOPENED!!" Eunji basically screamed as she shoock me back and forth. I had to regain my life values after the earthquake I just experienced. The bell rang to go to our class and that's what me and Eunji did.

The rest of the day, she couldn't sit still. Tapping her pencil, tapping her feat, messing with her hair, rocking her chair back and forth, Eunji was going nuts. The inner video-gamer in her was trying to break free but there isn't exactly an xbox hooked up in History class. When the dissmesal bell rang to go home, I was dragged out, by the arm, all the way home... Well, to Eunji's house. She tossed aside her bag and began to game. Over the sounds of her gun blasting away zombies, she happened to actually get out a sentence without taking 5 minute pauses in between.

"Minah. We are going there tomorrow. Viva la Arcade."

Knowing Eunji, looks like I don't really have a say in this.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

authors note:

HAI GUYS. sorry if this is kinda short uh ive never been good at writing/completing fanfics xD so just bare with me here -w- I'll definitally try to improve my writing skills~ Thank you for taking the time to check out my story :3 I'll try to update soon!! <3