Almost (2)

Almost

During the time when she missed him, she wanted to text him to tell him she was glad their comeback was a success. She wanted him to know that she was happy for him as his dreams of releasing a self-composed track for the group’s major debut in Japan was a success. 

But she wasn’t able to express herself fully during the time when they couldn't see each other. Words to him no longer fit right in or texts. She was sincerely happy for him and his group but was worried that her words would sound insincere to his ears.

He would never know what he missed, because she was too afraid to take the first step.

Calling him, that was something that came to her mind. 

She did call him a few times but those calls didn't last too long as she didn't say all that she wanted to or that time simply did not permit them to. Those calls were simply just greetings as asking each other what they had been up to. 

No one dared to pop the question, "What are we?”

When they saw each other at music shows or when they have schedules which allowed them to bump into one another, others where present and it was awkward to talk to each other.

They couldn’t say all that they wanted to for they didn't know how to start. 

Not forgetting the fact that there were in the eyes of the public and others would see them if they were too close to one another. They couldn't risk their careers right?


But now, both of them decided that that shouldn't be the case anymore. 

They would be braver now and tell the other person how they felt. If anything happens, at least he or she tried. Then there will be no regrets right?



*3 days before Niigata concert at FNC's practice room*

"Annyeong Yonghwa oppa." Seohyun greeted.

"Oh you're here. Put down your things first. Let's start the practice by going through the parts again."

"Ah ne…" 

Seohyun settled down and sat beside Yonghwa on a chair.

"You know, this feels a lot like déjà vu." Yonghwa chuckled.

"Yeah! We've done this before, haven't we? Feels like the time when we were preparing for our special performance for Dream Concert." 

"That was our 200th day."

"Yeah...our 200th day." Seohyun replied looking down on at her hands.

"Have you ever wondered what would it be like if the show didn't end?" Yonghwa asked.

"Oppa...what do you mean by that? The show ended already." Seohyun was still looking down at her hands and this time twisting knots because she didn't know where this conversation was heading towards.

"I mean if the show continued up till now, how will we be like? Will we still be the awkward couple? Will we be able to complete the list of things we listed our in our 'To Do List'? Will we still call each other to make sure that we update each other about our schedules and stuff?"

"Oppa....I..."

"We will never know right?" he sighed and looked into her eyes. "Sometimes I wished the show didn't have to end because it took away something precious away from me."



Author's Note:

Hi to all those who are reading this!

Initially I wanted to finished this story before I went to BLUEMOON in KL but time didn't permit.

I had many commitments such as school, projects and a part time job during my semester break that ate up all my time. So I'm happy that I am able to update this story now! ^^

Do leave a comment after you have read this story! 

Next chapter will be the last chapter for this short story, so stay tuned! :)