Almost (1)

Almost

"I missed the times that we almost shared
I miss the love that was almost there
I miss the times that we use to kiss
At least in my dreams
Just let me take my time and reminisce
I miss the times that we never had
What happened to us we were almost there
Whoever said it's impossible to miss when you never had
Never almost had you"


Drops of rain fell from the sky onto the windows. Seohyun was sitting in the living room of soshi's dorm. It was raining outside and she sat there along on the sofa thinking.

For many times she wondered if she had made the right decision. The decision to ignore all of Yonghwa's approaches to woo her to become his girlfriend for real.

Was it right to do this to him? After all his hard work during the time when they were a couple on WGM and all his efforts after the show?

"He tried his best right? But why am I like this? We like each other, but why can't I accept him?"

Every time she asked herself, her reply would be "Because it's not time yet. We both have our careers. We are still young and I haven't completed my students. We should work hard without disappointing our fans."

But she knew very well those were just excuses. Deep inside her heart she always felt a part of her being empty.

She missed the times where they would meet for filming, even when the crew was following them.

She missed his jokes and him being himself, not overly cautious about what he is saying in front of her.

She missed thinking of what she should get him whenever soshi went overseas for concerts or events.

She missed coming up with ways to surprise him such as singing to his song, coming up with Yongseo Story and knitting him a scarf.

She missed the times where he would say cheesy lines that made her go all crimson.

She missed his texts and phone calls even when he would forget to reply sometimes.

She missed those times when he would hold her hand even though it was just for filming. 

Those moments with him made her go crazy just by remembering them. If she said she didn't miss him being her 'husband' she must be lying.

She missed him, everything about him.

Although they remained as good friends, their relationship was awkward. Their texts and calls to each other became less frequent, and were kept to mere pleasantries.

On stage (or on TV), they had to keep their hearts in check even when there were butterflies in their stomach whenever their eyes met.

But eyes don't lie. You just know without having to ask a million and one questions. Fans were able to tell from they way they behaved around one another.

If it was so obvious to us what more for the two of them who are so in love with one another?

"Seohyun ah, in two weeks time there will be a joint concert in Niigata. You are aware of it right?" Soshi'a manager asked.

"Ne! Why? Is there a problem with the schedules manager oppa?" Seohyun replied.

"Oh no it's not like that. You know this concert is to be broadcasted on MBC and you were on that show before so..." her manager was afraid to continue.

"Huh? Oppa what do you mean?" Seohyun was curious about what kind o arrangement was made without her knowing.

"Well...the producers were hoping that you and Yonghwa would agree to do a duet as a special stage. You know you have a lot of fans in Japan....."her manager continue.

But she wasn't listening anymore. She was surprised for sure but now she wanted to know if her Yonghwa oppa has agreed to the idea of the duet or not.

"Oppa, has Yonghwa oppa agreed to do it?" she asked in a small voice.

"Ne?! Oh ya...I didn't check with the PDs if FNC agreed or not. But well I think they would agree." Her manager answered.

Seohyun was thinking that after all her ignoring, Yonghwa might refuse to be on the same stage together and what more, doing a duet.

The day passed with her worrying and thinking about the possible duet.

Meanwhile...at CNBLUE's dorm.

"Hey Yonghwa, you heard about the duet right? What song are you going to sing with Seohyun?" Jungshin asked.

"Duet? Hahaha! I'm not too sure either. I don't even know if Seohyun or her management would agree to let her do it or not." Yonghwa replied dejectedly.

"What do you mean you don't know if Seohyun would agree or not! You guys are close! Why would she not want to do it?" Jungshin was confused.

"Well I don't know. But I'm hoping she would agree to do it. I think she would agree." Yonghwa replied sounding like he was trying to convince himself.

2 days later, they found themselves in one of FNC's practice rooms. Seohyun and Yonghwa had agreed to do a duet together. They texted each other during the 2 days and asked each other what song the other would prefer to sing. In the end banmal song (For First Time Lovers, 처음 사랑하는 연인들을 위해 ) was chosen because it was written during their time together in WGM.

"Let's start by dividing the parts then oppa. Should we?"

"Yeah sure. I think it will be good if you would start the song first." Yonghwa said. Actually he had already divided the song beforehand in his dorm. The song replaying itself a million times with Seohyun's sweet and melodious voice. He couldn't wait to hear her sing to his song again, the song that meant so much to him and so much to them.

Their practice went smoothly. No one said much, only talking about their performance and how they would execute it on the actual stage in Niigata. But some words don't need to be said, they both felt something inside them. After not seeing each other for months, they miss each other.

They miss the time where they were filming and would have meals together even though it was with a bunch of people from the crew. 

They miss the time where they considered themselves as someone's other half and did not need to hold any reservation about their status.

If only they were brave enough.

"That's it, I think we are good to go. We have practiced enough today Seohyun ah. Let's meet again a few days before the actual performance for a final practice?"

"Yea sure oppa."

And with that they ended practice that day.


 

-To be continued-