Almost (4)

Almost
"Oppa, I love you too. You don't know how much I have missed you especially when I felt that we were drifting apart. I was scared really scared that you didn't feel that same. I was scared that if I were to say those words, you might not reciprocate."
 
She looked up at Yonghwa and said "I love you oppa"
 
The words that she held on to for the longest time. From the time they were together filming for the show, those words that she was afraid to utter...for the first time she felt her heart beating so fast.
 
Yonghwa stayed still.
 
Did he heard her correctly? She really said that she love him too right?
 
A few seconds passed. For Seohyun those few seconds felt like hours. She just bared her heart to the man she love and have been thinking about for the longest time and all she got was silence.
 
True enough, he already said he loves her just now...but why is he not answering her now?
 
Him not answering made her feel humiliated. 
 
Was it all just a joke? Maybe he was just kidding earlier when he said that he loves her and did she just made herself look like a fool in front of him?
 
All those negative thoughts floating around in her mind. She felt the need to run away, out of this practice room, for she couldn't stand being in this close proximity with him. 
 
Her tears were threatening to fall as she stood up from her chair and ran towards the door and bolted through the hallway.
 
Yonghwa was still in a daze. He couldn't believe she said those three words to him. 
 
She said it. She finally said it. I'm not the only one that feel this way!
 
Oh my god she really said it!!!!
 
When Yonghwa finally come back to earth from his trance, he turned and look at the door that was left opened.
 
"!" he muttered under his breath and chased after Seohyun.
 
She left her belongings inside the practice room and dashed forward not knowing where her feet was bringing her. The tears that were threatening to fall earlier had fallen while she ran out the room.
 
How could she be so stupid? Of course he was just kidding. 
 
The talented, popular Jung Yonghwa wouldn't just fall for her. It's true that she was the maknae of the world's reknown Girls' Generation but she was plain, boring and not a social butterfly like Yonghwa. 
 
Maybe he has fallen for another girl during the time when they were not talking to each other. He must have thought that it was funny to crack a joke on her, maybe to get back at her for drifting apart. Who knows? That must be his choding self acting up again and a way to get them back to their chummy relationship back when they were still filming WGM.
 
"Arghhhhhh! How stupid can I get?" she said loudly and banged into the doors that linked to the stairway.
 
"You're not stupid. Don't say that" Yonghwa had caught up with her, standing behind her and holding the doors.
 
"Don't run away from me again. Please?" pleaded Yonghwa softly.
 
With that, he close the distance between the both of them and gave her a hug. The distance made Seohyun feel giddy. 
 
"Why did you run away? Was I not clear about my feelings for you? Or were you embarrassed because you said you love me? Wait..." Yonghwa looked down at Seohyun who was in his arms with a smile.
 
Seohyun had her eyes looking at him the whole time he was talking.
 
"You said you love me? Is that all past tense after you confessed?" 
 
"Oppa... I meant what I said earlier. And no it not past tense. I..I love you oppa."
 
"Good." Yonghwa said and closed the distance between their lips and gave her a soft peck on her lips.
 
 
They had returned to the practice room after all the drama. Except now, they have their fingers entwined.
 
"You really have no idea how much I missed you. Do you?"
 
"Oppa..you said it already. I know you missed me and I missed you too. I think we should get back to practice now before the performance in a few days."
 
He had repeated his "you really have no idea how much I missed you" speech twice so far and Seohyun was finding him amusing.
 
"I'm gonna have to let you know how much. You know, the song 그리워서 (Because I Miss You) is for you too. I thought you would listen to it and know that I'm talking about you. But you didn't even call me to ask about it!"
 
"I really didn't think that you would write that song for me. It's an OST for your drama so I thought it was made just for the show."
 
"Not only that...I actually made a lot of emo songs during the past few months. All about missing you and still loving someone after she left." he scratched his head and looked at her "I don't think I need that now, since my Joohyun just said she love me too."
 
"Oppa, I'm sorry for all that hard times I put the both of us in. But it's over now. Thank you for waiting for me."
 
"It's nothing...I just want to make sure though. We are really together now right, girlfriend?"
 
 
 
They went back to practicing for the Niigata concert and their special performance.
 
Both of them shined brightly on stage during the day of the duet, singing the song that meant so much to the both of them. 
 
They looked like lovers, and Yonghwa couldn't stop his cheeks from bursting whenever he sang the words 사랑해 (saranghae). 
 
It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a responsibility toward that love. Although they were first time lovers, they were hopelessly in love with each other. 
 
-The End-
 
 
Author's note:
 
Thank you for those if you are reading this. :) So sorry I couldn't post this up sooner because I was too caught up with school and the celebrations at the end of 2013. But I'll be graduating from school coming February and I'm really excited!
 
This is the last part of Almost. Do give me some comments after the story of you've read it. (^з^)-☆