Almost (3)

Almost

Previous Chapter

"Have you ever wondered what would it be like if the show didn't end?" Yonghwa asked.

"Oppa...what do you mean by that? The show ended already." Seohyun was still looking down at her hands and this time twisting knots because she didn't know where this conversation was heading towards.

"I mean if the show continued up till now, how will we be like? Will we still be the awkward couple? Will we be able to complete the list of things we listed our in our 'To Do List'? Will we still call each other to make sure that we update each other about our schedules and stuff?"

"Oppa....I..."

"We will never know right?" he sighed and looked into her eyes. "Sometimes I wished the show didn't have to end because it took away something precious away from me."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Oppa…what do you mean?”

Yonghwa turned and took Seohyun’s hand and held it tightly.

“What I meant was, I’ve missed you.” He made sure Seohyun was looking at him and continued speaking.

“I’ve missed you Seohyun ah. More than you ever know.”

“I miss the times where we were able to see each other for filming and when we were able to talk to each other. Although it was tiring and awkward in the past, I enjoyed every moment when I was with you. On screen and even more so off screen where I got to know the real you.”

“I… I…missed you too oppa.” her voice was soft, but for Yonghwa it was enough.

The fact that she was able to admit that she missed him too was enough for him.

“Thank you for missing me too.” he flashed a smile at her and was rewarded by her instant blush.

“Seohyun ah, just let me tell you one more thing.”

“Ne oppa”

“I love you.” There, he said it.

Those were the words that he was afraid to utter on the night their skit on WGM ended.

“I love you, Seo Joo Hyun. I loved you since the time when we were doing the show together. It was during the time when we were in Japan that I realised that I love you.”

Her heart started beating at an incredible speed, she couldn’t utter any words.

All she could do was to stare at him when he was talking.

“I was really thankful that you started opening up to me when we were doing the show. Was it after our 200th day? You started calling and texting me when you were free asking about me and my wellbeing. You were really caring but naggy at the same time like just like my Mom. But that’s what I liked most about you. Your caring nature and of course, you know….your eyes.” he chuckled and continued talking.

“I’m sorry that I did not tell you right away then when I realised that I love you. I wasn’t sure about my feelings and I just I was too scared. It was only after the show that I started regretting not telling you because we were drifting apart. I have never stopped loving you, even for a day or for a second.”

Her heart was beating really fast by then but she didn’t know what to say.

How should she start? Should she start by saying the three precious words first or what?

Sure enough Seohyun was aware of Yonghwa’s efforts when he started asking her out after the show but this was the first time Yonghwa was telling her that he love her.

She thought it was all because he missed having a constant someone to be with and that he was just bored as she was not there to nag at him like old times. She often thought that Yonghwa was just missing the times where he had someone to tease.

Say it! Say it now before it’s too late again!

 “I just wanted you to know. You don’t have to feel pressured or say anything else.” Yonghwa looked at her and smiled but she noticed that the smile didn’t reach his eyes at all.

Seohyun knew that look very well, she knew he was hurt that she didn’t reply his words. And she knew that he was anticipating for her answer.

“Let’s get back to practice, shall we?” Yonghwa said, he was trying his best to pretend that what happened before didn’t happen.

Yonghwa released Seohyun’s hands and stood up but Seohyun didn’t let go of Yonghwa’s hands.

“Oppa, listen to me first.”

 

 

Author’s Note:

Okay…I lied. This chapter is NOT the last chapter.

I wasn’t sure if I should post this part yet or not so I didn’t. But I realised the next part needs some time for some polish up so it might take some time.

In the meantime, I didn’t want people to wait for too long too!

So here’s chapter 3 and I hoped you liked it ^^ Next chapter will be more of Seohyun’s reply to Yonghwa’s words and stuff to conclude the story!

Please leave comments if you have read it and tell me if you like the story or not! :)