Chapter Two

Into Your World

 

CHAPTER TWO

 

ASTRID’S POV

 

            And here I am, walking in the hallway, devastated. Oh, gods! Strike me with lightning or just drag me to hell.

 

Kyungsoo: Hey, you okay?

Astrid: I mean,  I’m literally a walking dead! Like, how couldI—

 

            Wait, isn’t this Do Kyungsoo? My jaw dropped. He raised his eyebrow at me but still had concern in his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo: You should…probably close your mouth.

Astrid: Yah! Y-yah! K-kyungs-soo!

 

            Oh gosh! Can I say something other than his name? I bit my lower lip and looked around. Everyone was looking at me. Okay, too much attention. Dangerous! I ran to the dance room and locked the doors. I was having a panic attack.

 

            Dance. Dancing is my only way to calm down. I took my bag and sweater off. All I was wearing was a half tube, skinny jeans and my worn-out sneakers. Okay, not really in-style for dancing, but I need this. I looked around and found a stereo. I plugged my iPod and played Growl by EXO. The music filled the room and I started dancing to the beat.

 

Sehun: You got that wrong.

 

            I stumbled and fell -first to the ground. I scratched my and looked up. He was walking towards me so I instantly grabbed my sweater and covered my upper half.

 

Astrid: H-how d-did you come in?*stutters*

Sehun: You do realize that this is EXO’s exclusive practice room. I have keys.

 

            My jaw dropped and my heart was beating it’s way out of my rib cage. If there was a record for the “Most Jaw-dropping Experience”, I’d win it.

 

            Suddenly, the door slammed open and then two members came in. Kyungsoo wasn’t there. I didn’t see him anywhere. That’s a good sign, right? No! Can’t I even sense sarcasm in my own words? I still have three guys seeing me topless. Well, not really.

            When Luhan saw me holding my sweater and Sehun just in front of me, he instantly covered his eyes, but Kai didn’t. I turned around, not caring if they were peeking or not, and wore my sweater. I turned back at them only to see Kai checking me out. I swear, if he won’t stop staring at me, I’ll melt.

            I was about to run for my bag when…

 

Kai: You’re not going to leave, are you?

Astrid: Uhh… *scratches head*

Sehun: Why don’t you show them your dance?

Astrid: NO! I-I don’t dance.

Luhan: And she speaks! The girl talks.

Sehun: I just saw you dance.

Kyungsoo: Oh, so you dance! Hey, guys!

 

            Great! Can this day get any worster? Is that even a word? Whatever. I still have these guys to deal with. They want me to dance in front of them. T_T

 

Luhan: What was she dancing to?

Sehun: Growl.

Luhan: Oooh. I want to see! But why is she topless?

Astrid: *blushed* T-That was—

Sehun: Don’t know. I guess she didn’t want to dance with a top on.

Kai: Or…*walks towards Astrid* she wants to seduce us.

Astrid: Aniyo! No!

Kai: Then you better take off that top off ‘cause you’re going to dance.

 

            Superman, please save me! T__T

 

 

EMERALD’SPOV

 

            Dance class is over and now I’m looking for my best friend. Just where the heck is that girl? I swear I won’t ever talk to her the whole day if she won’t show up.I was still wishing for Astrid to magically appear in front of me when I bumped into someone, like literally “bumped into someone”. His chest hit hard at my face.

 

Both of us: Ow!

 

            It took us a second before composing ourselves again. I looked up to see his face and…SURPRISE! It’s none other than Kris. What a lucky day for me. This time, he's with his fellow member and fellow leader, Kim Joonmyun.

 

Emerald: *bows* I’m s-sorry…I wasn’t looking.

Kris: It’s okay…It was also my bad.

 

            I can’t stop myself from blushing so I just kept my head down. God, don’t let me go through this again. T__T My thoughts were interrupted by a clicking of a tongue. Joonmyun, or more known as “Suho”, shook his head and looked at Kris with a smirk.

 

Suho: Did I really hear what I just heard? Kris, the cold-hearted BEAST, actually apologized for his fault? *still with a smirk*

Kris: *rolls his eyes* Yes, unless you’re deaf, you old man.

Suho: *laughs* That’s such a mean remark, Kris. You didn’t have to go THAT far.

Kris: That far? You weren’t the one who were just called a “cold-hearted beast”.

 

            Suho laughed harder and I just stared at the both of them. I mean, what else could I do? How would you react to two guys just being mean to each other? Suddenly, Suho stopped laughing and looked at me with serious eyes.

            My brows furrowed because of confusion. What did I do now? What’s so good about it is that it seems like Kris and I are on the same boat since he threw his friend a questioning look.

 

Suho: You’re best friends with that girl,right?

Kris & Emerald: *in unison* Which girl?

Suho: *chuckles* I don’t really know her but she’s obviously a part of Kai’s fandom.

 

            Obviously a part of Kai’s fandom? Yup, that’s my best friend, alright.

 

Emerald: Why do you ask? Do you know where she is?

Kris: He probably doesn’t know where she is. He just wants to mess with other people’s business. *glares at Suho*

Suho: Too bad, Kris, ‘cause I do know where she is. *smirks again*

Kris: *raised his eyebrows*

Emerald: Really? Where?

Suho: I saw her get inside our practice room. I decided to just ignore the fact that she’s breaking a rule by doing so, getting inside EXO’s practice room, but then I guess Kai and some other members thought the other way.

Emerald: What do you exactly mean?

Suho: They followed her inside. But I don’t think they’re there to shoo her out. I think they’re in to break more rules.

 

            It took me a moment before what he said sank in. My skin turned completely white and my eyes widened at my realization. Inside my head, I was thinking of all the possible things that they’ll do to Astrid or much worse, the things that they are already doing to her. Oh, God, are the EXO members really this erted?

Without another word,I quickly walked away to go find my best friend. I passed by other people, not caring whether I hit them or anything. I was focused in finding Astrid.

            I was walking with much speed when a hand grabbed my wrist from the back. I stopped and turned around, and I swear, I almost collapsed right then and there if I haven’t been thinking of my best friend and the possible danger she’s in.

 

Emerald: W-what are y-you doing?

Kris: Stopping you.

Emerald: W-why?

Kris: *lets out an exasperated sigh* Do you really think that my members are going to harass your best friend?

Emerald: Um…yes?

Kris: *rolls his eyes* Well, then you’re not using your brain so well.

 

            Ouch. What an inspiring thing to say.

 

Kris: *continues his “lecture”* The members and I have a reputation and image to protect. We’ll not just go around and do things that’ll ruin our image even in the smallest possible way. So stop overreacting to what Suho said.

Emerald: Oh, yeah, right. You’re certainly right, Kris. I’m so sorry for not using my already dysfunctional brain very well. But, is it really my fault? They say people get really stupid when they’re in love, and that’s exactly what’s happening to me right now. I’m getting more and more of an idiot everyday ‘cause I’m so damn in love with you.

 

            Okay, I didn’t really say that out loud. I keep my thoughts to myself. Like, how embarrassing would that be? But seriously, since when did Kris and I become THIS close? We never had any conversation before and, does he even know my name? I just stood speechless.

 

Kris: You shouldn’t waste your time with this, you know. We’re not even sure if what Kim Joonmyun had said is actually true.

Emerald: But…Astrid…

Kris: Your best friend’s alright and you should better go to your next class now.

 

            I nodded reluctantly and bowed my head to say that I’m leaving because I think it was the proper time to do so. Aside from the fact that out talk had obviously come to a conclusion, people were starting to stare at us, at me, like they were about to bury me alive. So much for a “short” conversation with EXO-M’s Kris -_-“ I turned my back at him and started walking.

 

Kris: Emerald.

 

            I looked back I saw Kris open his mouth to say something but then decided against it.  He shook his head to tell me that it was nothing. I bowed once again before walking away.

           I was already at our classroom when I realized something. Kris, my freaking crush, knows my freaking name? Am I supposed to dance my happy dance now? Because I feel like him knowing my name isn’t really a good thing… I don’t really trust my gut feeling so I decided to text Christine and Astrid to talk about it. Oh God, now I’m convinced that I’m really dumb after all. Why didn’t I just text Astrid and ask her where she is in the first place? Life would’ve been so much easier -.-“

 

 

 

CHRISTINE’S POV

 

            Wake me up when dance class ends. How can I dislike this class when I love dancing? Ugh. Did I mention we still had 50 minutes to go?

 

Ms. Bae: Okay, guys. Gather up!

 

            We did as we were told by our dance instructor, sitting on the floor. She’s young—Ms. Bae—and pretty, if I may add. I wouldn’t be surprised if all the hormone-induced guys in this room were in love with her. And to add up, she dances really well. Major turn-on, if you ask me.

 

Ms. Bae: So, for today, we’ll have showdowns. Ladies versus gentlemen, guys.

 

            I heard the girls and some boys, but mostly girls, shout words of excitement. They actually like this? This is gender discrimination! Oh, wait. Right. I rolled my eyes. Haughty people like attention. And actually, this is a great way for them to show off, especially to some EXO members.

 

Ms. Bae: Woah~

 

            She chuckled, and I swear, if I werea boy I would’ve felt my heart flutter.

 

Ms. Bae: Simmer down. *looks at us* So here are the pairs.

 

            She read the pairs off from the list on her notebook, while people were having mixed reactions. I smirked victoriously. You really can’t have everything.

 

Ms. Bae: Christine and Lay.

 

            Lay? The name sounds familiar. I’ve heard it before. The problem is: where?

 

Chris:Who the fck is Lay?

 

            I muttered in curiosity. Lay. Lay. Lay. Wait! Lay! As in, Lay’s! You know, the chips? Yeah, okay. So, I’m gonna be dancing with chips? Obviously not, Brain. I smiled to myself.

 

Anonymous: I am.

 

            OHMY!!! That voice! How can someone sound so—dare I say it—y with those two words? Okay, Chris. Stop it. You’resounding like a . Slowly, I turned to the back to face the y-voiced person.

            Holy mother…

 

Anonymous: You know, you really shouldn’t curse so casually like that.

 

            Two words: Zhang Yixing. When did he change his name? And…Fug. Was I dead? Why was I hearing an angel’s voice? Not only that, but he looked like one, too. Someone please help me. I’m gonna die in suffocation.

            Slowly, he walked towards me, leaving a foot of air between us. Ohmygahd what is he doing?! I’m still too young!!! He raised his hand, slowly moving it near my face. !

            …And he touched my chin, gently pushing it up, as if to…oh my. My mouth was open for how long?! What. Is. Embarrassment.

 

Yixing: You looked like a fish out of water.

 

            He whispered near my ear. As soon as he did, a wave of fresh scent invaded my nose. He smelled good, too. Heavens help me not to faint in front of this guy.

 

Chris: Y-yah!

 

            I pushed him away, making him look stunned. Fug…his chest…

 

Chris: What are you doing? We’re supposed to be dancing not…

 

Talking? What the hell was I blabbering about? Someone please shut my frigging mouth.

 

Yixing: Flirting?

 

            He suggested, his exotic eyes looking cryptic.

 

Chris: Yes. *eyes went wide* I-I mean, N-NO!

 

            He chuckled at my stupidity. Kill me now. Play it cool, Chris. This guy’s making fun of you.

 

Chris: Yah! Be serious!

Yixing: You’re the one who isn’t, though.

Chris: Because you…argh!! This is ing frustrating!

Yixing: Yah! Stop cursing!

Chris: I don’t know you, so why should I listen to you? My mom told me not to listen to strangers.

 

            I crossed my arms and put my tongue out, just to frustrate him.

            He tilted his head to stare at me, as if scrutinizing me. I was starting to get uncomfortable with it, so I looked the other way.

 

Chris: What’re you looking at?

Yixing: I never thought you were cute.

Chris: *cool…scoffs* Nice try, Chips.

Yixing: *confused look* Chips?

Chris: Aw! You look so adorable! *smirks*

 

            I turned away from him and started stretching near the bars. I looked at the mirror and saw that he was approaching me. He just stood there, watching me. It was starting to get on my nerves. Seriously.

 

Chris:*sighs* What do you want?

Yixing:*smirks* Nothing.

 

            With that, he walked away. I stood up straight and put my hands on my waist, looking at his retreating back. Weird. If this is what popularity has done to him, then I’d better forget my dream of becoming an idol someday.

            It’s crazy how one person can make you go bipolar.