Chapter Three

Into Your World

 

CHAPTER THREE

 

EMERALD’S POV

 

            I spotted Christine at the far side of the canteen, opposite from where I was. I was about to approach her but someone blocked my way.

 

Some random girl: You’re Emerald, right?

 

            I nodded reluctantly.

 

Random girl: Someone asked me to give you this.

           

            She handed me a blue-colored envelope. I accepted it, not sure with how to react.

 

Emerald: Umm…thanks?

 

            The girl shrugged and went away. I opened the envelope and looked at what’s inside it. After reading its contents, I put it back and continued my way towards Christine.

 

Emerald: *with a smile* Hey.

Christine: Hi, Emerald.

Emerald: I’ve got some news.

Christine: *raises an eyebrow* Surprise me.

Emerald: *grins* We’re going to a party?

Christine: *eyes Emerald* Party?

Emerald: *nods* Did you forget? It’s Yixing’s birthday.

 

            Realization dawned on Christine’s face with a mixture of surprise.

 

Christine: HE invited us to HIS birthday party?

Emerald: Yeah…I’m quite surprised myself, but here’s the evidence. *hands the blue envelope*

 

            Christine read the invitation then she reread it for almost like, four times? It seemed that us being invited to a birthday party was the impossible. Well, the fact that the celebrant is an EXO member, maybe it really is impossible.

 

Christine: H-How did this happen? O_O

Emerald: I don’t even know. But, shouldn’t we be happy? We’re going to Lay’s party!

 

            I was waiting for her to agree and spazz out with me but she looked far from happy.

 

Emerald: What’s wrong? Did some—

 

            I was cut short when I saw my best friend coming our way looking devastated.

 

Emerald: What happened? *rushes to Astrid* What did they do to you?!

 

            I was literally screaming at her face. I didn’t care, all the thoughts in my head awhile ago came back.

 

Astrid: They—

Emerald: What did they do?! Oh God, I should’ve followed my gut feeling! I knew those EXO members bring nothing but trouble!

 

            I’m glad that my voice wasn’t that loud, or else fan girls would be burning me alive by now.

 

Christine: Stop it right there, drama queen.You wouldn’t want to be heard by their fans, do you? She hasn’t even talked yet. And aren’t you the one who were just fangirling for being invited to one of their member’s party?

 

        Well, yeah, she has a point. I always get carried away by my feelings that I forget about certain things.

 

Astrid: Yeah, calm down, Emerald. They only let me dance since I was caught inside their practice room.

Emerald: Mwo? What kind of dance?

Astrid: *laughs* I danced to one of their songs. You know, Growl. The thing is,it was just so embarrassing. You know, dancing in front of people who are so talented with it. My dancing must’ve made them laugh.

Christine: Tell me about it...

Astrid: So, about this party…you got invited?

Christine: WE got invited. Your name’s written in the invitation, too.

Astrid: Jinjja?

 

            Both Chris and I nodded.

 

Astrid: And so we’re going?

 

            I thought about it for a while. I admit, I’ve got mixed feelings for the EXO members but EXO members are still E-X-O members. And what if there are other idols who’ll go there? It would be a waste of opportunity if we don’t go.

 

Emerald: I’m going.

Astrid: Well, if my best friend will go then I’ll go, too.

 

            We both looked at Christine.

 

Christine: *shrugs* I’ll think about it.

Astrid: *pouts* Aww~C’mon, you should come with us, too~

Christine: *rolls her eyes* Fine, I’ll go.

Astrid: Yippie~!*squeals in delight*

Emerald: *grins* Hwaiting~!

 

 

ASTRID’S POV

 

            Here we are. It’s now or never.

            This party isn’t the best decision but if you try to weigh things, I’d have more advantages than disadvantages.The advantages are: (1) meet idols, (2) meet talent scouts, (3) acquire lots of opportunities, and (4) make a lot of friends, while the disadvantage is: be a laughing stock again.

            See, there’s a lot more advantages than disadvantages. Best party ever, right?

            Lay’s (oooh, food!) house was big. I would rather call it a mansion. If his house is this big, then how big is Suho’s? Maybe it’s a palace.

 

Unknown: Thank you for coming to my son’s birthday party.

Astrid: Hi, my name’s Astrid and these are my friends, Emerald and Christine.

Emerald and Chris: Hello.

Unknown: Oh, hi. I’m Mr. Chips.

Astrid: *blinks* Umm…nice to meet you?

Mr. Chips: *chuckles* That joke never gets old! I’m actually my son’s father.

Astrid: *laughs nervously* Yeah, that’s noticeable.

Mr. Chips: Make yourselves at home.

 

            The three of us bowed down and went in. That guy was awkward.

            The living room was full of people chatting and dancing. Some of them were idols. I know because I’ve seen them on TV. Duh!

 

Lay: Hey! You came.*winks*

 

            He was walking towards us. I’m sure he hasn’t met me yet so I looked at my friends. Emerald was as dumbstruck as I was and Christine, she looks flushed. She was red all over. She was looking around the room but at Lay. She was also biting her lip and playing with her fingers. What’s wrong with her? 

            Lay just passed by us and talked to Christine. They were on talking terms? I looked at Emerald and she’s still a stone.

 

Astrid: Hey, close your mouth. You look funny.  *giggles*

Emerald: *rolls her eyes* I’m hungry! *grunts*

Astrid: You’re always hungry! Go grab some food, I’ll wait for you here.

 

            Emerald left me while rubbing her stomach. Sometimes, I think she’s pregnant. She eats a meal good for  two people.

            I looked for a quiet place around the house and found the backyard. That’s odd. It’s so spacious yet there’s no one here. I can’t even hear the music here.

 

Kai: And here you are, entering another prohibited area.

 

            I turned around and found Kai standing behind me. He looked bored.

 

Kai: What’s your alibi this time? *raises a brow*

Astrid: I-I was just…

Kai: Do you always do that?

Astrid: Do what?

Kai: Stutter. Do you always do that to make yourself look pitiable?

Astrid: I do not!

Kai: See, you could actually talk properly!

 

            I turned speechless. I was frustrated. What would I tell him? That I hate how handsome and lovable he is?

            I found my confidence again and pointed his fault. “The fault in out stars.”
 

Astrid: It’s not actually prohibited since there’s no sign to keep off!

Kai: There is.

Astrid: T-There is?

Kai: *sighs* Behind you.

 

            I turned around and bit my lip. There it was, the cause of my misfortune. How could I miss such a big sign? But I was not backing down. I turned around and smiled nervously.

 

Astrid: Sorry about that. *kicks his shin* JERK!

Kai: Ow! You—

 

            I ran inside and locked the glass door. Good for him. Die in the cold, jerk!

 

Emerald: Where were you? I was looking for you. *annoyed*

Astrid: *smirks* From the planet called “Kai is a jerk”. *winks*

 

 

CHRISTINE’S POV

 

Chris: You invited us? *raises an eyebrow*

Yixing: Obviously.

Chris: That was a rhetorical question, stupid.

Yixing: *chuckles* I just wanted to. Consolation prize.

 

            Er…what? Consolation prize? What’s so consoling about our—mine, especially—situation right now? And if he meant a consolation prize for my loss yesterday, then he’s a jerk. Yes, you heard it right. I lost yesterday. I could’ve won if Ms. Bae wasn’t so biased (TURNOFF!!!)…liar, liar pants on fire.

            Fine, so he dances really well. He’s still a jerk, though.

 

Chris: *scoffs* Yeah, right. Thanks for the “concern” *makes air quotes* but I’m perfectly fine. You were just simply lucky.

Yixing: *chuckles* Then I guess becoming an EXO member was pure luck.

Chris: *rolls eyes* Of course, plus your“pretty” face right there.

 

            My fugging mouth…Unfortunately, he seemed to like my comment. He came closer and put his arm on my shoulders.

 

Yixing: You like me,don’t you?

 

            Immediately, I pushed him away. I know he’s handsome and all, but skinship pisses me off big time.

 

Chris: What the hell? I’d never like a person like you.

Yixing: Someone who’s handsome, talented and well-mannered like me?

Chris: Please. You call someone, who initiates skinship with someone he barely knows, a well-mannered person?

Yixing: Admit it though, you liked it.

 

            I laughed really hard that it started to get the attention of some of Yixing’s guests despite the loud music.Suddenly, I saw my two friends approaching us. Emerald put her hand on my shoulder while openly staring at Yixing.

 

Astrid: Why are you laughing? What’s so funny?

Chris: *stops*Er…nothing! Just being schizophrenic and…all.

 

            I chuckled dryly. What else could I do? -,- But I knew I had to get out of this situation. Fast. So I faced Yixing and…

 

Chris: You know, Chips, *smirks* it was really nice of you to invite us, but we’re really hungry now. Hmm…hope you prepared a lot, though. We might just devour everything. Bye!

 

            I smiled widely and turned back,grabbing my friends in the process. They’re already weirded out, trust me :/

            I abruptly stopped and turned to where Yixing was, still staring at us.

 

Chris: Had fun talking to you, babe! *flies a kiss*

 

            The moment I faced Emerald and Astrid, I swear, their eyeballs looked like it was gonna fall out of its sockets anytime. It reminded me of a particular EXO member…

 

Chris: *clasps hands* So…anyone hungry?

 

~o0oOo0o~

 

Astrid: I never knew you were on a nickname basis with Lay.

 

            Astrid asked as we were eating on a table (no , Sherlock). Thank God nobody dared to bother us as we devour these heavenly food in front of us.

 

Chris: Who? *puzzled face*

Astrid: Yixing.

Chris: Oh, him. That was nothing.

Emerald: You call “chips” & “babe” nothing? For ordinary people, maybe nothing. But he’s an EXO member. It isn’t nothing.

 

            I rolled my eyes. Here we go again. So what if he’s an EXO member? Jongdae’s one, too, but they didn’t make a big fuss when they found out we’re best friends. What’s so special with Zhang Yixing? He only has a very deep dimple, that’s all.

 

Emerald: I smell something fishy.

Chris: It’s the salmon belly, I guess. You should try it. It’s surprisingly light to the taste, and it’s smoky.

 

            I took another bite and I wasn’t bluffing with what I said. It’s so delicious~! I was savoring its taste when Emerald and Astrid gave me pointed looks. Fine…I sighed, then chuckled.

 

Chris: Really, it’s nothing. I was just teasing him. No biggie.

Astrid: Right…

Chris: Really!!*scoffs*

 

            Suddenly, an idea popped in my head.

 

Chris: Unless…*points Astrid with a spoon* you’re jealous! HA!

Astrid: Seriously? Why’d—

Chris: Oh, wait…nah, you aren’t. You already have Kai.

 

            I continued eating happily like nothing happened, only to find Astrid blushing. So not innocent…gotcha!

 

Emerald: What?! *faces Astrid* You’re dating Kai and you didn’t tell me? ME, YOUR BESTFRIEND?! I had so much trust in you and here you are, keeping secrets from me! Not just any secret, but you’re dating a celebrity?! Young lady—

Astrid: SHUT UP!!!!!!

 

            With Astrid’s sudden outburst, a few people turned their heads toward us. They immediately looked away, though. That’s right, mind your own business…

            But boy…WHAT ASCENE! Hahahaha! I love my life :D

 

Astrid: YOU!!! *points at me*

Chris: Me?

 

            I pointed to myself and pouted as if I was innocent.

 

Astrid: What the hell are you talking about?

Chris: Uh…salmon belly and its heavenly taste?

Astrid: *rolls her eyes* Stop. There’s no “Kai & Astrid”, okay? It’s simply “Kai…Astrid” or “Astrid…Kai”.

Chris: *rolls eyes* Whatever.

Emerald: God, you almost gave me a heart attack. Why’d you say that, though?

 

            Heh, why’d I say that, really? This is all Jongdae’s fault. He keeps on feeding me with rubbish EXO information, just like Kai’s—nevermind. But quick, think of a way out of this.

 

Chris: Huh? *looks away* I mean, you’re gonna have a kissing scene with him, right?

Emerald: *faces Astrid* You have?! Oh my! This is grand!

Astrid: *face palms herself* I’m gonna kill you one day, Christine Kang.

Chris: *chuckles* Why not today? LOL, you should kill Jongdae, too. That son of a bi—female dog spills everything.

Emerald: And you’re one lucky bish.

 

Chris: *feigns shock* I know, right?!