Chapter One

Into Your World

CHAPTER ONE

ASTRID’S POV

 

            It all started with a wink or rather the escalator, or maybe that very awkward moment where you’re standing behind your crush for like forever.

            Here’s the thing: what do you do when Kim Jongin aka Kai, a very famous member of a very famous twelve-member boy band, looks your way while riding an escalator and suddenly shines that dazzling smile of his? Well, first, I’d think it’s a dream. Second, slap and pinch myself to make sure. And third, watch him laugh as I make a fool of myself in front of him (Now I really wish that it was a dream). And lastly, drop my jaw to the floor after being winked at.

            Well, not really me, but rather, to his fans. How do I know this? Well, I’d be too stupid if I didn’t. After being trampled nearly to my death by swarm of girls.

 

Emerald: Hello? Earth to Astrid!(annoyed) Were you even listening?

Astrid: Yeah! Of course, I was.

Emerald: Really? What did I say?

Astrid: Uh…what did you say?

 

            Emerald raised her eyebrow and gritted her teeth. She was mad. Just then, the bell rang. Saved by the bell. I sighed in relief. She gave me a we’re-not-yet-done glare and I squirmed. This was the very first time in “History” (>_

 

~oOo0oOo~

 

Mr. Beddingfield: Okay, class, this comes as a surprise to me, but Kim Jongin will be filming with us for the next two weeks for his drama.

 

            All the girls in our class leaped up in excitement. Well, who could blame them? I would, too, if I wasn’t feeling so squeamish inside. Oh, God! I hope he doesn’t remember me. No, I wish he’d never recognize me. That would be too embarrassing.

            Being in a drama is actually possible since this is an arts academy, but being in a drama with him (even if it’s just a cameo) is one out of a million possibilities. It is possible since he’s studying here, but why our class?

 

Kai: Hi, everyone! I’m Kai from EXO. I hope we’ll have a great time working together.

 

            Idols have to be humble. It’s not their nature, but rather an occupational package.

 

Kai: Oh, and I’d like to choose three people to say some speaking lines. You, you, and…you.

 

            My jaw dropped and my eyes grew wide. Okay, so he chose two people—no big deal.The problem is, I’m the third. And he totally was smirking at me. This time, I’m sure.

 

_______: Here’s your script. Your role is to be Kai’s secret admirer. You’d have other cameos so please prepare for filming, and another thing: You’ll have to kiss him.

 

            Now this is a total atomic bomb. His secret admirer? I can act that out pretty well, but kiss him? That would be too cliché, right? Is this some kind of novel? ‘Cause if it was, the author better not be messing with me.

 

Kai: Hi, I’m Kai.

Astrid: Astrid. (reluctant)

Kai: (laughs) It’s funny how we end up together.

Astrid: I don’t know what you’re talking about. (squirming)

Kai: You’re that girl from the escalator, right? (laughs) That was hilarious!

 

            Dear floor, please eat me up and swallow me whole. Right now!

 

 

EMERALD’S POV

 

            I walked in the corridors and watched my fellow students rush to their first period class. Most of them don’t want to be late, but for me, it’s the opposite thing. I hate my first period class. What made me hate it? My first class is DANCE class. And what’s worse? My best friend, Astrid (whom I’m still slightly mad at) isn’t there to teach me all those difficult dance steps. -_-“ The good thing is; Christine is with me (kekeke). I mean, aside from Astrid, she’s like,my only friend here in school. And we’re both silent freaks.

            So, as I was saying; I was walking slowly towards my first class on purpose. That was when I saw HIM. Who? The person whom I’m crazily in love with, Kris. Sounds cheesy but it’s true, I REALLY am “crazily in love” with this guy. I’m one of those girls who fell for his vicious charms and as time flew by, my feelings just grew even more. It seems that I can’t stop myself from this thing.

            So now, I’m getting really nervous. I have to pass by him to get to the practice room and even if he’s surrounded by a lot of fan girls squealing and spazzing over him, I’m still conscious about my appearance, afraid that he’ll see my messy hair and unfashionable clothes. Oh, God, help me go through this >,

 

Unknown girl: Excuse me, miss!

 

            I stopped in my tracks. Is she referring to me? I wasn’t so sure if she was referring to me, but I turned around anyway. I guess it’s really me since the few people in the hallway including Kris and his “admirers” had their attention on me, and a girl who must’ve been the one to call my attention (and whose voice was so loud that it got everyone’s attention -_-“)

 

Emerald: Y-yes?

Unknown girl: *points to the floor* Your things.

 

            I looked down. OH. MY. FREAKING. GAWD. My notebooks, books, papers and pretty much everything that was inside my bag were now scattered on the floor. I was so busy with hiding myself from Kris that I forgot that the zipper of my backpack is broken and it opens by itself. . And now I’m not the only one looking down, but also the rest of the people. God, how come I did not notice?

            I quickly picked up my things from the floor. For a moment, all of them were just staring at me, but the Kris approached one of my notebooks and bowed down to pick it up.

 

Emerald: NOOOO!!!

Kris: *baffled* Huh?

Emerald: Um…I can…I c-can handle this…

Kris: *still confused* Okay. *movesaway*

 

            I finished gathering my things with them just staring. No one dared to help after I shouted at Kris for doing so. After everything was in place, I hurriedly disappeared from the scene. This is the most embarrassing thing to happen tome! >,< To look so clumsy in front of my crush who is a member of a very famous boy group named EXO, and to shout at him for helping because the moment he sees what’s in that notebook, he’ll know that I’m his crazy stalker and he’ll get disgusted by all the love confessions I’ve written on it. Gosh, just let me die right now. T_T Miss Author, why are you so mean to me? You want Kris for yourself, don’t you? I hate my life -_-“

 

 

CHRISTINE’S POV

 

            I was freely singing and dancing to EXO’s Let Out The Beast, with my earphones on, along the corridors—seeing that it was empty. No surprise there though. I’m at our school’s Dance Department building.Everyone’s probably inside, dancing—I mean, showing off their oh-so-great dance moves with blasting music.

 

Chris: Let out the beast~ let out the beast~ let out the beast~ Hey, yeah~~Let—OWW!!!

 

            Surprised, I turned to the one I bumped into. Right then, milky-white skin and a pair of smoky eyes made realization dawn upon me that it was Baekhyun—and he was staring at me.

 

Chris: Y-you!

 

            He removed his earphones, so I did the same thing, too.

 

Baekhyun: *blinked* Me??

Chris: Y-yeah… You’re B-Byun Baekhyun…

 

            Nice response, Einstein. Like he doesn’t know his own name…smart . Someone punch me please. This is stupidity beyond its nature.

 

Baekhyun: Yeah… What’re—

Chris: T’was nice meeting you. BYE~!

 

            Obviously, I didn’t let him finish talking. I cut him off by turning my back to him and walking away. I know it’s rude, but what else could’ve I done? I already made enough a fool out of myself. Besides, I think I looked like a very ripe tomato then. Not exactly how I want people to see me, especially my crush.

            Just as I was about to enter the practice room, he said something that made me stop in my tracks.

 

Baekhyun: Just a piece of advice from a professional here...*chuckles* Try practicing more. So lousy…

 

            What the hell…WHAT THE HELL?!! Oh, heaven, hell, earth…that angel-and-oh-so-innocent-looking boy is a douche bag!!! Ugh~ The nerve of that guy! ing ridiculous. I can’t believe it.

 

~oOo0oOo~

 

Jongdae: Why are you so grumpy today?

 

            My bestfriend Kim Jongdae, a.k.a. Chen, asked me. Wow, nice question -_-

 

Chris: Ask your ing band mate. The one who keeps on wearing eyeliners. You know what? It doesn’t even suit him, know that?! It’s ing hilarious. He looks like a clown. His voice—it’s irritating, Jong. Yours is a million—wait, googol times better. You’ve seen him sing, right? Oh my veins! His ing veins! *laughs* He’s trying so hard, you know?! And he’s---

Jongdae: *covers Chris’s mouth* WOAH!Calm your , woman. Stop cursing like a sailor. *chuckles* Last time I heard, you were gushing about: 1. How great he looked with eyeliners; 2. How he sings so good—better then me, if I remember correctly; and 3. How. You. ARE.In. Love. With. Him. So…stop trolling, Chris. Doesn’t suit you.

Chris: Pfft. You didn’t tell me he’s a douche bag.

 

            Just to make things clear, Jongdae’s actually part of EXO, one of the most famous boy groups out there (if you don’t know them, well, WOW…must have been pretty lonely living under a rock). And Byun Baekhyun—they’re band mates. I don’t talk to EXO, except for Jongdae (of course), because they’re all pretty intimidating. But just…wow. I never expected one of them to be that cocky. I mean, who the hell does that to people they don’t know? And please, I know he’s famous, but did he have to rub it in my face? I sure as hell can dance better than him.

 

Jongdae:*snorts* ‘Cause he’s not. Whatever he did, he didn’t mean it, okay?

           

            I stared at him hard.

 

Chris: Okay, Kim Jongdae. Oh-ing-kay.

Jongdae: STOP CURSING!!!

 

            Oh, great. Draw attention on us so people—girls, especially—would bash me again for talking to you. It’s a good life, after all -,-“

            As for you, Byun Baekhyun, I’ll get back at you…one day.