two

like a fire
"Where are you off to, little missy?" Key asked from the couch the next morning when he noticed his female counterpart coming down the stairs fully dressed.
 
"Off to Jessica's, we're going shopping for school supplies since break is almost over and well, obviously for clothes."
 
"Walk or car?"
 
"Car." Sooyoung stood in front of him and put out her hand, waiting for the keys so she could leave.
 
"Are you seriously planning to drive my car?"
 
"Yes I am, now gimme the damn keys."
 
The male of the two grumbled and handed the bunch of keys over, making her smile triumphantly and drop a kiss on his cheek as she waved him off. "I'll be back around three, maybe. Don't wait up!"
 
As soon as she left, he got up, stretching lazily and going into the kitchen again. He'd finished all of his assignments earlier on for his classes, and with Sooyoung gone with the car he was pretty much stuck home. His only options were one of the other guys, who would be busy with their own girlfriends and he wasn't up for being a third wheel. Giving up he returned to his couch, getting comfortable just as the doorbell rang and forced him to get up.
 
"Hel-what do you want?" Key grumbled at the sight of his new neighbor, who smirked and rocked on his heels as the door opened.
 
"Just thought I'd pay my neighbor a friendly visit," Eunhyuk chuckled darkly, emphasizing the word "friendly" as he stood in the doorway. "Aren't you going to invite me in?"
 
"I don't like having dogs in my house, sorry." Key mirrored his smirk. "Seriously Eunhyuk, why are you here? Did you watch and wait until Sooyoung left or something?"
 
"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Just know I'm not done with you guys, got it? And also, I have some pretty interesting news for you."
 
"Which is?"
 
"I hear you're going to lose your scholarship." The younger male froze, staring at him in confusion as to how he knew that. It was as if his facial expression gave away his question. "Let's just say when Uncle Jungsik isn't happy, he tends to take it out on the...less fortunate."
 
"Principal Lee is your uncle. You're not serious."
 
"And I'm his favorite nephew. What can you do? Just-" Eunhyuk leaned closer, making sure Key heard his every word. "Stay off of my bad side. When I'm not happy, he's not happy. And well...you know where that goes. Also, just remember Sooyoung won't be yours forever."
 
"What is that supposed to mean?" Key snapped, folding his arms to restrain himself from punching him.
 
"Just what I said. Someone just may steal her away in front of your eyes."
 
"Get the away from my house, Eunhyuk." He growled.
 
"Ah, ah, ah. You're not making me happy." Cowering down immediately, Eunhyuk gave him a smug grin as he began backing off. "I'll see you when school's started, yeah?" Turning to walk off back to his house, Key pounded his fist against the doorframe and yelped when he noticed he collided with the steel frame. His entire hand shook and he shoved the door shut, cursing the older male as he went back to his spot on the couch.
 
- - - - - - -
 
"Did I miss anything?" Sooyoung bounced back through the front door, shopping bags dangling from her wrists as she found Key in the same position she had left him. "I'm guessing that's a no, you lazy ."
 
"Did you know Eunhyuk's uncle is Principal Lee?" He asked suddenly, making her squint as she rested her bags at the side of the couch and took a seat next to him.
 
"I did not. How do you know that?" She continued staring at him, waiting for an explanation which she received as he retold her what had happened. Groaning and falling to lay on her back, she covered her face with her hands. "Ugh, he needs to give it a rest. I rejected him, big whoop. Why isn't he this obsessed with Hyoyeon, dang it?"
 
"Because Hyoyeon has a big, manly boyfriend that could beat him up and you have a boyfriend who has gummy worms for arms." He jokingly wiggled his arms, making her laugh and sit back up. "That doesn't mean I'm not big where it counts," he winked and she shoved his face away.
 
"You're such a ert!"
 
"Just remember, you're turning 18 in two months. We'll both be legal...if you know what I mean."
 
"I don't." Sooyoung feigned innocence as she played along, tilting her head.
 
"I'll be able to fu-"
 
"Oh, look at the time I should get going upstairs you know, busy busy busy..." She was halfway up when he pulled her down, aiming for her to sit back down next to her but actually getting her to drop into his lap. The two stared at each other, her caught between a laugh and a protest and him biting his lips with a playful smile.
 
"It's not that hard, you know."
 
"I can tell." Sooyoung burst out laughing and squirmed around in his lap, making him whine and ruffle her hair, an action that always annoyed her. She was about to yell at him when the front door swung open, giving way to two of the famous ers.
 
"Should we go back out and wait for you two to be decent?" Minho chuckled.
 
"Or should we get a camera and make a rated R movie?" Jonghyun cackled as he tumbled in, finding a seat on the other chair as the tall brunette dismounted from her boyfriend.
 
"Remind me why I give you guys keys to this place," Key groaned as the other three laughed at his expression.
 
"Key could've gotten all up in it, we need to schedule our ing." Minho doubled over laughing, earning a pillow to the head from the only female in the room. "Anyway, we're here to remind you of the school's fundraiser. We got info from the mass text the school board sent. Or did you not bother to check your phones?"
 
"I was with Jessica so, no."
 
"And I was uh...busy."
 
"Well, they're having a beach carnival thing to raise money for those who are on the verge of losing their scholarships." He eyed Key, who raised his eyebrows in surprise. 
 
"Really?"
 
"That's cool, we definitely have to go." Sooyoung nudged his arm and he nodded, trying not to wince from the aftershock of hitting his hand. "Ow!"
 
"What's wrong?" She immediately became concerned, following his gaze to his hand which was swollen and bruised from his hit earlier. She tentatively lifted his hand into hers, watching as he winced from the pain. "First I'm burned, now you're busted up."
 
"We'll get going then. We'll see you in school!" The two slammed the door shut, obviously disappointed at not getting to see any SooKey action for the day. The couple laughed, returning to the matter at hand-literally.
 
"Let me make it all better, poor baby." The tall brunette purposely spoke in a childish voice to mock the pout thay was fixated on his face. She tugged on his free hand to get him to stand up, taking him to the kitchen for some ice that he held in his hand with a towel. Taking a seat on the free stool, she put her chin in her own hands, staring at him with a sigh. "How did that happen?"
 
"After Eunhyuk left I uh, I got mad and uh...haha...I sort of might have punched the frame around the door?" He laughed nervously, earming a shove.
 
"Why are you so dumb! Stop doing things like that." She gave him a stern look, softening at his expression and staying quiet. Just then an idea came to her head and she sat up, capturing his attention. "Hey, what if we open a booth in the beach carnival?"
 
"With what?"
 
"Since it's for those who need scholarships, why don't you set up a booth with some of your paintings and we can sell them? That money can go directly towards your scholarship."
 
"That's not a bad idea...alright well, I guess we can do it." Key nodded approvingly, a smirk creeping onto his lips. "Now then, back to our earlier discussion." 
 
The female of the two knew exactly where he was headed and squinted at him, trying not to laugh. "I'm not having with you."
 
"We sleep in the same bed, we live in the same house, we've made out many, many, many, many-"
 
"I get the point! But I rather not rush it, considering it's us, I'm sure something will get out of hand and there's going to be a Key or Sooyoung Jr. running around this house when I'm not even able to drink legally yet." She burst out laughing, earning a groan from him as he frowned like a little kid, getting up and stomping up the stairs.
 
"I'm going to my room. You're no fun."
 
"Have fun playing with yourself. I mean, playing BY yourself." Sooyoung snickered.
 
"SHUT UP!"
 
___________________________________________
 
{ A/N } hi guys!! i think my updates are shorter here than the other fic...that's okay, right? thanks for all of the lovely comments you guys made my day :) happy reading!