one

like a fire
The cold air nipped at Sooyoung's arms, making her hug herself as she walked alongside her boyfriend. It'd been weeks since winter break, but snow was still covering the ground and she'd forgotten her coat home thinking it wouldn't be that cold. The male next to her rolled his eyes, playfully nudging her arm as he did.
 
"Is somebody cold?" he snickered, burrowing in the warmth of his thick jacket.
 
"I-It's not my fault I d-didn't take a j-jacket," the tall brunette stammered, looking over at Key with a pout. She tried to seem as pitiful as possible, hoping he'd be a gentleman and do the common thing any man would; give her his jacket and suffer through the freezing cold. Of course, Key knew exactly what she was doing and scoffed, shaking his head.
 
"That's too bad," he grinned. "It'd be nice if you had a warm...cozy...toasty jacket like mine..."
 
"GIMME IT!"
 
"NO!"
 
"KIM KIBUM!"
 
"WHAT?"
 
"I WANT YOUR JACKET!"
 
"DON'T YOU MEAN YOU WANT ME?"
 
"NO!" Sooyoung stomped her feet, stopping abruptly in the middle of the sidewalk and making him stop as well. "First of all, you're the one that suggested we walk six blocks in the cold to go meet the guys for hot chocolate when we could've taken the car!"
 
"Oh well," Key shrugged, a smug expression on his face until he noticed the goosebumps raising on his girlfriend's hand. Giving in with a short sigh, he shrugged off his coat, draping it over her shoulders as the frigid air finally took his skin. "God DAMN IT'S COLD!"
 
"Told ya," The female of the two smirked, pointing ahead of them. "Besides, the cafe's right up there, you don't have to suffer as long as I did."
 
They hurried into the small cafe, where several couples were perched on tall stools near the barista, their hands wrapped around warm cups. The lights were dimmed and a fireplace roared in the corner of the shop, adding to the ambiance. As her eyes adjusted to the light, Sooyoung spotted their eight other counterparts cramped between two booths and tugged on Key's sleeve.
 
"Finally, you're here!" Jonghyun groaned, making the others look up with wide eyes. They all scrambled and grabbed their menus, hurriedly deciding what they wanted as the couple sat down. "We've been waiting for you guys to order, what took you so long?"
 
"Someone here wanted to walk instead of drive." Sooyoung sneered, earning a light shove that pushed her into Jessica.
 
"And we know how much you love exercise of any kind, Soo." The older girl chuckled, her eyes wandering to Minho and Yuri. The two were staring at one menu, deeply focused on whatever they were reading. "Both of you, it's a menu, not a textbook. Pick something and move on!"
 
"Uh." Minho replied absentmindedly, pointing to a certain item from the list. "You want two of these, Yul?"
 
"Huh? Oh yeah! Caramel lattes are really good," his female counterpart nodded in agreement.
 
"What does the...chocolate mint tea taste like?" Yoona tilted her head, this being her first time at the cafe with the older girls.
 
"Like chocolate mint tea," Taemin shrugged, subsequently smacked on the side of his head by her. "Alright alright, why don't we try it?" He gave her a sweet smile, which made her sigh with a nod and a smile of her own.
 
Taeyeon and Onew were talking amongst themselves, flipping through the desserts and pretty much ignoring the others. By then Sooyoung and Key had finally gotten one of the few menus that were circulating through the group, pondering over what each of them wanted. Sooyoung bit her lip as she scanned the drinks section, her eyes widening at the sight of cookies n' cream flavored hot chocolate. Key noticed where she was looking at and widened his own eyes, trying to tug the menu to himself.
 
"Soo, you know whenever you have a lot of sugar you-"
 
"Cookies n' cream hot chocolate, please." She ignored him and placed her order with the waiter on standby. He sighed, shaking his head as he ordered a green tea for himself.
 
"When you're jumping around the house later and can't sleep, just know it's not my fault."
 
"I won't be!"
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
"Hey Key, why do you have such a funny nickname? Do you think I could run up and down these stairs really fast? Ah, never mind, I'm too lazy anyways but then again I have a lot of energy so why not!" Sooyoung dashed up the staircase inside the house she shared with Key, making him run his hands through his hair with a groan.
 
"I knew this was gonna happen..." Grabbing onto her arm as she ran back to the ground floor he dragged her into the kitchen, ignoring her protests as he sat her down on one of the stools near the counter. She frowned at him, watching as he set two bottles of water in front of her. "Drink it. All. Now."
 
"But-"
 
"Sooyoung..."
 
With a gulp, she twisted the caps off of the bottles, hurriedly chugging down the water. Key sat on the counter itself, crossing his arms as he waited for it to dilute some of the sugar that seemed to be pounding through her bloodstream after her drinks at the cafe. After about five minutes he scoffed, tilting her chin up so that she would meet his gaze. 
 
"Still hyper?"
 
"Sleepy..." she mumbled, her eyelids drooping as she pushed away from her seat and stumbled back into the living room. Key followed closely behind, knowing she would crash any second. The instant he processed that thought, she groaned and fell onto the couch, mumbling into the pillow. "Babe, I'm so tired..."
 
Hearing "babe", the male of the two grinned, feeling as if his entire body was lit up. After weeks of arguments, interruptions and misunderstandings, he was glad to have her all to himself and liked hearing stupid little things like that. He shook his head, gently scooping her body off of the couch and carrying her up the stairs to his bedroom. Resting her on the sheets just as carefully, she whined in protest.
 
"But I need to sleep in my room...and I have to change..."
 
"I'll bring your pajamas for you, but you're sleeping right here tonight. You'll be too tired if you have to go all the way to your room." 
 
"You just want an excuse to get me in your bed." The tall brunette sat up and pushed her hair away from her face, laughing at his childish grin before he ran off to her room and returned with one of the most revealing pairs of shorts she wore to sleep. "Of all shorts, that's the pair you decide to bring, huh? And where's a shirt?"
 
"I guess you'll just have to wear one of mine," he shrugged, blatantly ignoring her comment on the shorts as he stepped into his bathroom to change his own clothes. By the time he was out Sooyoung was already changed, hidden under the sheets in the corner near the wall. Key slid in next to her, dimming the lamp on his nightstand just so that there would be a warm glow in the room. Shifting his weight so that he'd be facing her, he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer and resting his chin on her head. She subconsciously draped her arm around his chest, nuzzling her cheek against the fabric of his shirt. He squirmed a bit with a soft laugh, pinching her arm.
 
"That tickles."
 
"Should I do it again?" she giggled.
 
"No."
 
"Good thing I didn't stay in my room. I would've probably been too cold anyways."
 
"Uh huh. Hey, Soo." A thought suddenly struck the male of the two and he felt wide awake.
 
"Mmm?"
 
"When I was gone earlier, did Eunhyuk do anything...?"
 
Sooyoung's eyes snapped open at the sound of the older male's name, letting out a sigh. She moved around a bit so she could look him in the eye and knew he wasn't being paranoid, he was just concerned.
 
"No, he hasn't been around ever since he moved next door. I think he's at the bakery. His mom always says hi to me when I go outside in the morning, though."
 
"I just don't want him to do anything stupid again...I warned him already." Key trailed off, trying not to seem overprotective of her. But how could he not? After the incident with the two in the alley and then their phone call, he'd been hoping that Eunhyuk would leave the two alone. Of course, that wasn't the case considering he had moved in next door. He'd been uneasy ever since he found that out. "I swear-"
 
"Key, relax. He hasn't done anything-"
 
"Yet."
 
"Shh. I'll be fine." Sooyoung ruffled his hair a bit, planting a soft kiss on his cheek before diving back under her sheets. The male of the two frowned, elbowing her so that she'd look back up at him.
 
"What kind of sorry kiss was that?"
 
"What were you expecting?"
 
"I dunno, something along the lines of this." Key smirked, moving a hand to cup her cheek as his lips met hers. He felt her smile and did the same, trying to brush his tongue against her lips before she pulled away with an eye roll.
 
"That's enough, Cassanova." Smacking his cheek playfully, she hugged back onto his chest and he stretched to switch off the light, returning to the position they were originally in. The two began to fall asleep, the darkness making it easier when...
 
"Don't touch my ."
 
"My hand slipped, uh...haha..."
 
"Go to sleep!"
 
"Goodnight hottie."
 
"I SAID DON'T TOUCH MY !"
 
{ A/N } first part of the sequel done yay!! happy reading :)