Another Fire

Brought to Life (Drabble Collection)

Requested by: COOkIesrOCkkeke

Word Count: ~900

 

The shenanigans in the EXO dorms only seemed to be going from bad to worse. Jongdae and Luhan’s ongoing war ran rampant through the dorms, hitting almost every other member in the crossfire.  Chanyeol’s powers didn’t seem to be getting any closer to being under control either. Kyungsoo still held a grudge against the giant for lighting his boyfriend on fire even after Baekhyun had told him repeatedly that he was fine and was constantly mediating between the two parties. Things got really hectic when Baekhyun had an especially trying day.

 

“Kyungsoo,” the red-haired singer cried to his boyfriend. “I’m singing sharp and have been all day. I don’t know what’s wrong with my voice but I can’t get a decent recording,” he wailed, latching onto the other like a koala. “What if I can never sing a decent note ever again?” The tears that had been welling in his eyes were now spilling onto Kyungsoo’s shirt. The large-eyed boy merely patted the other’s back waiting for the tears to stop. Despite how much of a drama queen Baekhyun was, it was also kind of cute when he ran to Kyungsoo and shared all of his insecurities. Kyungsoo could always give him a reassuring hug and eventually, he’d feel better again and send a quick thank-you kiss.

“It’s okay baby. I’m sure that it’s just a little stress. You’ll be fine after a good night’s sleep,” Kyungsoo soothed.

Jongdae, being the noble and respectful person that he was, was eavesdropping on the conversation from behind a potted plant. No one knew where the plants came from; they were always just there. Admittedly, they made for great hiding places. “You’re singing sharp because of all of the screaming you did last night,” he snickered. “You two are loud!” He scampered away before Kyungsoo could get him and wring his neck for being annoying.

“Is that really why I can’t sing anymores?” Baekhyun began to wail again. “I’m so sorry! Now I’ve let the group down,” he all but sobbed.

“It really isn’t your fault,” Kyungsoo soothed. “It’s my fault.”

“No it isn’t,” Baekhyun replied, pouting cutely at his boyfriend before pulling him into a hug.

“Baek, it’s going to be fine,” came a familiar deep voice. Kyungsoo noticed the giant and sent a glare that could kill toward him.

“Stay out of this you destructive monster,” he hissed.

“I’m just trying to help!” he defended.

“Well you’ve done enough,” Kyungsoo growled.

“Soo, it’s okay. It’s not Yeol’s fault. You need to calm down already. He’s not hurting anyone. And that incident was weeks ago. When are you going to forgive him for it?” Baekhyun asked, pouting.

“Never,” the boy replied, hugging his boyfriend protectively, as if Chanyeol’s mere presence might injure Baekhyun, which wasn’t too far from the truth.

“Guess like this, I might have to take over as lead vocal,” Jongdae joked.

“Shut up,” Kyungsoo growled as he punched a wall. Chanyeol yelped and a bookshelf burst into flames.

“Nice going there, strong arm. You too, flames,” Jongdae cackled.

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol cried. “I didn’t mean to...”

“And the best part is,” Jongdae choked out through giggles, “is that hyung isn’t here to put out the fires.”

“Shut up sparky, you’re not helping,” Kyungsoo growled.

“What are we going to do!?” Chanyeol was beginning to panic. “It’s getting bigger!”

“Even better is that Minseok and Luhan are also out,” Jongdae pointed out with glee. “Sehun could always make the fire bigger.”

“Was this all part of some evil plot of yours?” Baekhyun inquired with eyes narrowed in suspicion.

“To cause chaos because it’s fun to watch? Of course not. How was I supposed to know that the two of them would flip out and destroy the dorms? I live here too you realise.”

“But you’re devious,” Baekhyun pointed out.

“You’re right. Chaos is just too much fun. Listen, Jongin is still in the building, we can get him to go get Joonie or Minnie. Sound good?”

“GO QUICKLY! Chanyeol, go get the fire extinguisher or something so that we don’t burn the whole building down while Jongdae gets Jongin to get someone to help.” Jongdae and Chanyeol dashed away.

Less than a minute later, Jongin was dragging a confused Joonmyun into the room, almost faster than Chanyeol took to find the fire extinguisher, which was being a little less than effective. “Put it out and we’ll explain later,” Kyungsoo ordered. Joonmyun didn’t need to be told twice.

 

“So what happened that you would ruin all of my books?” Joonmyun asked apprehensively.

“Kyungie is in a bad mood~” Jongdae chirped. “And Chanyeol freaked out when Kyungsoo punched the wall.”

Joonmyun pinched the bridge of his nose. “And you had nothing to do with this?”

“None at all.”

“That’s a lie. He was being an annoying brat! More annoying that Jongin and Sehun put together!” Kyungsoo complained.

“Sehun and I aren’t annoying!” Jongin protested.

“I don’t get paid enough for this,” Joonmyun groaned.

“You’re already rich though,” Baekhyun pointed out.

“Yeah but still. For putting up with this? The cost of repairs and feeding them and psychotherapy I’m going to need later in life is steep.”

“Agreed,” replied the little red-haired boy. Meanwhile, the others were bickering like little kids.

 

A/N: So this is kind of just a random thing. Drop a comment/prompt for another adventure these idiots have. Upvotes are greatly appreciated~